Multiculturalism is a failure

Soggy, you are the one who one does not, because you are connected to a past that no longer exists. We are not going back.

There's nothing to go back to.. this is America, we're Americans. We're not Mexicans that happen to live in America and who don't assimilate but demand that we be taught in Spanish. That's utter bullshit. Multiculturalism does not work. Ask th French, ask the British.

But hey, live in your little dream world where everybody just does whatever the fuck they want and we all have to just deal with it.

We're not going forward with your plans to destroy what is uniquely an American experience and culture.

Nothing more iconic than the American cowboy of the Wild West.

Lariat: comes from the word "la riata," Spanish for the rope used by Mexican cowboys to rope steers and bulls.

Rodeo: originated in Spain as a competitive demonstration of certain herding skills and was later exported to Mexico, Canada, Australia and South America.

Buckaroo: derived from "vaquero," Spanish term for men who worked with cattle. Loosely translated, the term literally means cattlemen but later became "cowboys." Those who could not pronounce the Spanish word vaquero settled for "buckaroo." The original cowboys were Spaniards of mixed descent and Native Americans who would later become Mexicans. The job was beneath the Spanish aristocracy.

Chaps: derived from "chaparreras" and "chaparro." Chaparreras referred to the garment worn by cowboys to protect their legs from short scrubby bushes that tore pants up. Chaparro is the Spanish word for "short," which was a reference to those bushes also known as chaparral.

Montana: derived from the Spanish word for mountain.
Nevada: derived from the Spanish word for snow-covered.
Florida: originally called "la florida" by Spanish conquistador Juan Ponce de Leon meaning "the flowery land."
California: originated from a Spanish legend about a paradise ruled by Queen Calafia whose land had strange animals and lots of gold. Spanish explorers names the land that would eventually be broken up into modern day California, Baja California, Nevada, Wyoming, Utah and Arizona.
Arizona: dubbed by Spanish explorers but originated from Arizonac for an area known as "small spring." The term was Native American and is traced to the O'odham people who are of Aztecan origin.
Texas: derived from the Caddo term for "friends." The Caddo Nation were allies of different tribal groups who referred to the alliance as "tejas." Spanish explorers applied the term loosely to what would eventually become modern day Texas and portions of Oklahoma, New Mexico, Colorado, Kansas and Wyoming.

Just something to think about before saying that multiculturalism doesn't work.

That's not an example of "multiculturalism" in the sense we are talking about here.....that is actually a good example of cultures absorbing into the American culture...

An example of the "multiculturalism" that we are talking about would be the separatist group "La Raza".....a culture as well as radical group here in the U.S. which advocates Mexicans taking back the southwest part of the U.S....in other words....these people do not want to absorb into the culture of America....they wish to remain separate and apart...

Multiculturalism is only happening where white people live.

They are just three religions besides Islam that I thought of off the top of my head.

ALL religion needs to stay out of politics for a multicultural society to prosper.

The founders knew it and wanted speration of church and state.

The thing you don't understand is that islam is not just a religion.

There IS NO SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND AND STATE WITH ISLAM.

These people are cowards... they adhere to this Chamberlain like mentality that if we just give them what they want, they'll leave us alone. It's utter craziness.

An example of the "multiculturalism" that we are talking about would be the separatist group "La Raza".....a culture as well as radical group here in the U.S. which advocates Mexicans taking back the southwest part of the U.S....in other words....these people do not want to absorb into the culture of America....they wish to remain separate and apart...

Then the "multiculturalism" that you are talking is not "multiculturalism" it's separatism. And in the case of La Raza, apparently a declaration of war.

Lets call a spade a spade here shall we?

Multiculturalism works. I has worked everywhere in he world until now. The difference is Islam.

This issue needs to be call what it is: Multireligionism.

ISLAM has no intention to be anything but ISLAM. I makes no difference what "culture" or country the people come from. Islam is the common denominator of the problems.

So long as those "cultures" are trying to press ISLAM...a religion... onto and into every environment they invade, they become a problem.

Multiculturalism works fine. We have elections with folks as different as Obama and Palin, as the lefties and the Tea Party. No one really cares a few folks feel threatened by it. It has been, is, and will continue to happen.

Tell that to the Canadian school system which is being told by Islamists to accomodate them because they don't want their kids attending music class or co-ed phys ed class.....like all the other children are required to do...

How would you like it if Christians in the U.S. suddenly demanded that our school system accomodated Christians by allowing separate prayer rooms, Christmas caroling and celebrations, special courses in Christianity, Bible readings, prayer before games, health classes promoting anti-abortion, sexual abstinence, anti-homosexual behavior, etc., etc.....?

The history of the Left has been totally against Christian instrusion in the classrooms.....how is it you think muslims should get a pass.....?

Then be so glad you live here we are can deal with all of the challenges! Don't move to Canada!:lol: The Muslims in our town are business folks, one sits on the school board, a woman on the city commission, five play on the football team. more than a half dozen in the school band, two are cheerleaders, and girls wear head scarves with their Muslim friends once a year in girl solidarity (and, one confided to me, to make a 'fashion statement'). Don't be afraid of the dark as the light of America shines so brightly.

i guess you missed the news about Oklahoma which is trying to establish an anti-sharia law in their state......but the muslims backed by CAIR are opposing it because they want to establish sharia law here in the U.S......exactly as what is happening in Europe and Canada...

We have the votes overwhelmingly when it comes to "Islamization" here. They don't have anywhere the numbers do anything of the sort. As long as we adhere to separation of church and state, Syrenn, we are OK.

Multiculturalism is under attack in many countries today....because it simply is not working....here in America we too need to re-affirm the "melting pot"....

France's President Sarkozy: "If you come to France, you accept to melt into a single community, which is the national community, and if you do not want to accept that, you cannot be welcome in France."

Britain's Prime Minister Cameron: "under the doctrine of state multiculturalism, we have encouraged different cultures to live separate lives, apart from each other and the mainstream." This had resulted in a lack of national identity in Britain, which had made some Muslims turn to extremist ideology, he said.

Germany's Merkel, who like her French and British counterparts is centre-right, said in October that efforts toward multiculturalism in her country had "failed, totally."

Multiculturalism under attack across Europe

Canada:
"I'd tell them, this is Canada, and in Canada, we teach music and physical education in our schools. If you don't like it, leave. If you want to live under sharia law, go back to the hellhole country you came from or go to another hellhole country that lives under sharia law," said Kanwar, who is a professor emeritus of sociology at Mount Royal University in Calgary.

Time to change tune on official multiculturalism

Multiculturalism as official state policy proposes all cultures are equal. But there has to be some independent or objective standard for measure in offering such proposition.

Proponents of multiculturalism do not use an objective standard as the basis by which they judge or rank cultures, and conclude all cultures are equal.

If the culture of liberal democracy — that is, a culture based on individual rights and freedoms, equality of sexes, equality before the rule of law, etc. — is taken as an independent measure, it would be then false to conclude that while other cultures might not be liberal, nor democratic, they are all equal irrespective of different values they hold.

The entire edifice of multiculturalism is, hence, based on a lie. For we know from history and experience that all cultures are not equal, and if it were so, then the culture of Islam in North Africa, for example, would be on par with the culture of Europe across the Mediterranean.

Lies, damned lies and multiculturalism | Salim Mansur | Columnists | Comment | Toronto Sun

whats surprising is, they have said it, to even get to that point let me tell you, its has to be worse than we think or know.

that person at the toronto sun has it exactly right.

Tell that to the Canadian school system which is being told by Islamists to accomodate them because they don't want their kids attending music class or co-ed phys ed class.....like all the other children are required to do...

How would you like it if Christians in the U.S. suddenly demanded that our school system accomodated Christians by allowing separate prayer rooms, Christmas caroling and celebrations, special courses in Christianity, Bible readings, prayer before games, health classes promoting anti-abortion, sexual abstinence, anti-homosexual behavior, etc., etc.....?

The history of the Left has been totally against Christian instrusion in the classrooms.....how is it you think muslims should get a pass.....?

Then be so glad you live here we are can deal with all of the challenges! Don't move to Canada!:lol: The Muslims in our town are business folks, one sits on the school board, a woman on the city commission, five play on the football team. more than a half dozen in the school band, two are cheerleaders, and girls wear head scarves with their Muslim friends once a year in girl solidarity (and, one confided to me, to make a 'fashion statement'). Don't be afraid of the dark as the light of America shines so brightly.

i guess you missed the news about Oklahoma which is trying to establish an anti-sharia law in their state......but the muslims backed by CAIR are opposing it because they want to establish sharia law here in the U.S......exactly as what is happening in Europe and Canada...

Come on, they don't have the votes and they don't have the law. As long as we keep to separation of church and state, it does not matter what weird Muslims or weird Evangelicals think. It just does not matter. The talking of the wacks, just like bigrebnc or The T, just don't matter.

Then the "multiculturalism" that you are talking is not "multiculturalism" it's separatism. And in the case of La Raza, apparently a declaration of war.

you got it....however the liberal term is "multiculturalism"....and according to lefties you are supposed to bow to the lie that it is a good thing....

...ever hear of the term "divide and conquer"...?

Multiculturalism is people of color wanting to live amungst whites, never the other way around.

Whites moving in on people of color has always worked out so well for them.

I'm a liberal Eagle and I certainly don't confuse multiculturalism for separatism. Why would you?

That's not an example of "multiculturalism" in the sense we are talking about here.....that is actually a good example of cultures absorbing into the American culture...

I think you miss my point: there is no such thing as absorbing into the "American" culture. There is, however, a blending of cultures that is uniquely American.

As for the so-called separatist group you mentioned, I think you might be mistaken, although I have to admit that I'm not current on La Raza or any of the other hispanic advocacy groups. I do believe that there are individuals who may have expressed radical or extremist views such as separating from the US. But I don't characterize this as representative of the official view until I can read if myself. Still, if someone makes these claims on behalf of an organization, the onus is on that organization to straighten out the matter. But that's no different than Rush Limbaugh saying something stupid and the liberals blaming all conservatives or Republicans for having the same view. Limbaugh is not the official spokesperson for the GOP. He's just a radio talk show host, and a successful one at that.

I don't think we need an official language. However, I do believe that in order to succeed in the good ol' USA, you need to be able to speak English. I don't criticize businesses for catering to Spanish, Korean, Japanese or other foreign language speakers; that's just smart business. I don't believe the government ought to mandate bilingual policies. That's purely a private matter. Yet it seems that there's always some idiot who thinks bilingualism is a bad idea. In Europe, it's economic survival. If you can't speak English, German and French, you're dead in the water. You don't HAVE TO speak those languages, but if you want to succeed, then you should hit the books or hire translators. Point here is: don't feel threatened when you hear "press 2 for espanol" on the voice mail option.

Nothing more iconic than the American cowboy of the Wild West.

Lariat: comes from the word "la riata," Spanish for the rope used by Mexican cowboys to rope steers and bulls.

Rodeo: originated in Spain as a competitive demonstration of certain herding skills and was later exported to Mexico, Canada, Australia and South America.

Buckaroo: derived from "vaquero," Spanish term for men who worked with cattle. Loosely translated, the term literally means cattlemen but later became "cowboys." Those who could not pronounce the Spanish word vaquero settled for "buckaroo." The original cowboys were Spaniards of mixed descent and Native Americans who would later become Mexicans. The job was beneath the Spanish aristocracy.

Chaps: derived from "chaparreras" and "chaparro." Chaparreras referred to the garment worn by cowboys to protect their legs from short scrubby bushes that tore pants up. Chaparro is the Spanish word for "short," which was a reference to those bushes also known as chaparral.

Montana: derived from the Spanish word for mountain.
Nevada: derived from the Spanish word for snow-covered.
Florida: originally called "la florida" by Spanish conquistador Juan Ponce de Leon meaning "the flowery land."
California: originated from a Spanish legend about a paradise ruled by Queen Calafia whose land had strange animals and lots of gold. Spanish explorers names the land that would eventually be broken up into modern day California, Baja California, Nevada, Wyoming, Utah and Arizona.
Arizona: dubbed by Spanish explorers but originated from Arizonac for an area known as "small spring." The term was Native American and is traced to the O'odham people who are of Aztecan origin.
Texas: derived from the Caddo term for "friends." The Caddo Nation were allies of different tribal groups who referred to the alliance as "tejas." Spanish explorers applied the term loosely to what would eventually become modern day Texas and portions of Oklahoma, New Mexico, Colorado, Kansas and Wyoming.

Just something to think about before saying that multiculturalism doesn't work.

well said, what I would say however ios that these things, place names colloquialisms etc. do not govern actions, they don't put up barriers and drive angst, they have slipped seamlessly into the vernacular......they don't demand goods and services based on specific idoms or religious whims ( though we have begun to do that over the last decades etc.)

you got it....however the liberal term is "multiculturalism"....and according to lefties you are supposed to bow to the lie that it is a good thing....

...ever hear of the term "divide and conquer"...?

You are right. We "divide and conquer" the Muslims here without any problem. How prescient of you.

I think you miss my point: there is no such thing as absorbing into the "American" culture. There is, however, a blending of cultures that is uniquely American.

As for the so-called separatist group you mentioned, I think you might be mistaken, although I have to admit that I'm not current on La Raza or any of the other hispanic advocacy groups. I do believe that there are individuals who may have expressed radical or extremist views such as separating from the US. But I don't characterize this as representative of the official view until I can read if myself. Still, if someone makes these claims on behalf of an organization, the onus is on that organization to straighten out the matter. But that's no different than Rush Limbaugh saying something stupid and the liberals blaming all conservatives or Republicans for having the same view. Limbaugh is not the official spokesperson for the GOP. He's just a radio talk show host, and a successful one at that.

I don't think we need an official language. However, I do believe that in order to succeed in the good ol' USA, you need to be able to speak English. I don't criticize businesses for catering to Spanish, Korean, Japanese or other foreign language speakers; that's just smart business. I don't believe the government ought to mandate bilingual policies. That's purely a private matter. Yet it seems that there's always some idiot who thinks bilingualism is a bad idea. In Europe, it's economic survival. If you can't speak English, German and French, you're dead in the water. You don't HAVE TO speak those languages, but if you want to succeed, then you should hit the books or hire translators. Point here is: don't feel threatened when you hear "press 2 for espanol" on the voice mail option.

Bingo.

The problem is islam: A religion. Which wants itself separate from everything.

Lets call a spade a spade here shall we?

Multiculturalism works. I has worked everywhere in he world until now. The difference is Islam.

This issue needs to be call what it is: Multireligionism.

ISLAM has no intention to be anything but ISLAM. I makes no difference what "culture" or country the people come from. Islam is the common denominator of the problems.

So long as those "cultures" are trying to press ISLAM...a religion... onto and into every environment they invade, they become a problem.

You are right about Islam....

but no....it is not solely "multireligionism".....MC is different....and MC-multiculturalism does not work everywhere.....the idea that all cultures are "equal" is a lie...

We...as Americans....do not tolerate all the vagaries of other cultures...we do not want to accept all practices from other cultures.....whether it be sharia law of muslims or voodoo practices that hurt people from the Carribean....or the idea that workers in our fields can shit and pee on our vegetables as they do in Mexico...

Whites moving in on people of color has always worked out so well for them.

I'm a liberal Eagle and I certainly don't confuse multiculturalism for separatism. Why would you?

Point taken....i agree that not all MC is separtist in nature.....but i think LaRaza is a multicultural group that is also separtist in nature....

Islam will use the rights their given, to take away yours.

Forum List

Back