Multiculturalism is a failure

It would mean less people who think like Tank, which makes for a much better America.

That's the beauty of the American way.

They can't take away my rights.

Not only that, those that don't want to follow their rules don't have to.

That's not an example of "multiculturalism" in the sense we are talking about here.....that is actually a good example of cultures absorbing into the American culture...

An example of the "multiculturalism" that we are talking about would be the separatist group "La Raza".....a culture as well as radical group here in the U.S. which advocates Mexicans taking back the southwest part of the U.S....in other words....these people do not want to absorb into the culture of America....they wish to remain separate and apart...

I think you miss my point: there is no such thing as absorbing into the "American" culture. There is, however, a blending of cultures that is uniquely American.

As for the so-called separatist group you mentioned, I think you might be mistaken, although I have to admit that I'm not current on La Raza or any of the other hispanic advocacy groups. I do believe that there are individuals who may have expressed radical or extremist views such as separating from the US. But I don't characterize this as representative of the official view until I can read if myself. Still, if someone makes these claims on behalf of an organization, the onus is on that organization to straighten out the matter. But that's no different than Rush Limbaugh saying something stupid and the liberals blaming all conservatives or Republicans for having the same view. Limbaugh is not the official spokesperson for the GOP. He's just a radio talk show host, and a successful one at that.

I don't think we need an official language. However, I do believe that in order to succeed in the good ol' USA, you need to be able to speak English. I don't criticize businesses for catering to Spanish, Korean, Japanese or other foreign language speakers; that's just smart business. I don't believe the government ought to mandate bilingual policies. That's purely a private matter. Yet it seems that there's always some idiot who thinks bilingualism is a bad idea. In Europe, it's economic survival. If you can't speak English, German and French, you're dead in the water. You don't HAVE TO speak those languages, but if you want to succeed, then you should hit the books or hire translators. Point here is: don't feel threatened when you hear "press 2 for espanol" on the voice mail option.

Yes there is such a thing as "absorbing into the American culture"....for example muslim women can take off their berkas and hajibs and leave their heads free like other American women.....

when Hillary Clinton was visiting muslim nations she covered her head...so why can't muslim women here uncover theirs...?

Lets call a spade a spade here shall we?

Multiculturalism works. I has worked everywhere in he world until now. The difference is Islam.

This issue needs to be call what it is: Multireligionism.

ISLAM has no intention to be anything but ISLAM. I makes no difference what "culture" or country the people come from. Islam is the common denominator of the problems.

So long as those "cultures" are trying to press ISLAM...a religion... onto and into every environment they invade, they become a problem.

You are right about Islam....

but no....it is not solely "multireligionism".....MC is different....and MC-multiculturalism does not work everywhere.....the idea that all cultures are "equal" is a lie...

We...as Americans....do not tolerate all the vagaries of other cultures...we do not want to accept all practices from other cultures.....whether it be sharia law of muslims or voodoo practices that hurt people from the Carribean....or the idea that workers in our fields can shit and pee on our vegetables as they do in Mexico...

Cultures learn from other culthres and adopt what makes each better. An example is fusion food. Think you can live without pizza, mongolian beef or a great burrito?

We as Americans DO tolerate all of the vagaries of other cultures that is what makes us great. It is what makes us strong.

MC is not the failure in the problems taking over the UK and all of Europe. Islam is.

sharia(islamic law) and voodoo...are both religions by the way. ;)

That's the beauty of the American way.

They can't take away my rights.

Not only that, those that don't want to follow their rules don't have to.
There will be a time when the majority of people living in America are not American, and don't want to be.

That's not an example of "multiculturalism" in the sense we are talking about here.....that is actually a good example of cultures absorbing into the American culture...

An example of the "multiculturalism" that we are talking about would be the separatist group "La Raza".....a culture as well as radical group here in the U.S. which advocates Mexicans taking back the southwest part of the U.S....in other words....these people do not want to absorb into the culture of America....they wish to remain separate and apart...

I think you miss my point: there is no such thing as absorbing into the "American" culture. There is, however, a blending of cultures that is uniquely American.

As for the so-called separatist group you mentioned, I think you might be mistaken, although I have to admit that I'm not current on La Raza or any of the other hispanic advocacy groups. I do believe that there are individuals who may have expressed radical or extremist views such as separating from the US. But I don't characterize this as representative of the official view until I can read if myself. Still, if someone makes these claims on behalf of an organization, the onus is on that organization to straighten out the matter. But that's no different than Rush Limbaugh saying something stupid and the liberals blaming all conservatives or Republicans for having the same view. Limbaugh is not the official spokesperson for the GOP. He's just a radio talk show host, and a successful one at that.

I don't think we need an official language. However, I do believe that in order to succeed in the good ol' USA, you need to be able to speak English. I don't criticize businesses for catering to Spanish, Korean, Japanese or other foreign language speakers; that's just smart business. I don't believe the government ought to mandate bilingual policies. That's purely a private matter. Yet it seems that there's always some idiot who thinks bilingualism is a bad idea. In Europe, it's economic survival. If you can't speak English, German and French, you're dead in the water. You don't HAVE TO speak those languages, but if you want to succeed, then you should hit the books or hire translators. Point here is: don't feel threatened when you hear "press 2 for espanol" on the voice mail option.

Yes there is such a thing as "absorbing into the American culture"....for example muslim women can take off their berkas and hajibs and leave their heads free like other American women.....

when Hillary Clinton was visiting muslim nations she covered her head...so why can't muslim women here uncover theirs...?

When in Rome, do as the Romans do....:eusa_whistle:

There will be a time when the majority of people living in America are not American, and don't want to be

The majority of people living in America have never been the indigenous. So what's your point?

well said, what I would say however ios that these things, place names colloquialisms etc. do not govern actions, they don't put up barriers and drive angst, they have slipped seamlessly into the vernacular......they don't demand goods and services based on specific idoms or religious whims ( though we have begun to do that over the last decades etc.)

I was taking aim at those who think there's such a thing as an American culture. My point is that there is nothing that is originally "American." Baseball traces its origins from England, Germany, Russia and even Rome. Football may have originated in either Asia or Europe. And basketball, credited as an American original, was created by a Canadian.

As for religious integration, if City Hall can't put up a nativity scene, then it shouldn't permit city workers any special time to pray to Mecca. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Individual expression is and should always be protected from government intrusion. Government policies should only ensure that the playing field is even NOT by mandating quotas. It should all boil down to individual effort and talent, not special privileges.

She certainly can if she wants to. What is going to stop her?

Nothing....the POINT is why don't muslim women reciprocate...?

Am I missing some national religion that requires woman keep their head uncovered?

And do weave and extensions count?

Multiculturalism works. I has worked everywhere in he world until now. The difference is Islam.

ISLAM has no intention to be anything but ISLAM. I makes no difference what "culture" or country the people come from. Islam is the common denominator of the problems.

So long as those "cultures" are trying to press ISLAM...a religion... onto and into every environment they invade, they become a problem.

but no....it is not solely "multireligionism".....MC is different....and MC-multiculturalism does not work everywhere.....the idea that all cultures are "equal" is a lie...

We...as Americans....do not tolerate all the vagaries of other cultures...we do not want to accept all practices from other cultures.....whether it be sharia law of muslims or voodoo practices that hurt people from the Carribean....or the idea that workers in our fields can shit and pee on our vegetables as they do in Mexico...

Cultures learn from other culthres and adopt what makes each better. An example is fusion food. Think you can live without pizza, mongolian beef or a great burrito?

We as Americans DO tolerate all of the vagaries of other cultures that is what makes us great. It is what makes us strong.

MC is not the failure in the problems taking over the UK and all of Europe. Islam is.

Exactly, At the risk of being called Names, I will agree with you.

The problem is the Muslims. Not all of them of course, but enough of them do not want to assimilate at all. They want their host Nations to Bend to their will, and are unwilling to bend at all themselves.

It works both ways. Muslim women living in the United States should know that they have a choice: remove their burkas or keep them on.

As for the other way around, I was highly insulted when American generals mandated that female soldiers had to observe Muslim sensitivities when deployed to Saudi Arabia and Kuwait. In my book, these are soldiers. Period. End of discussion. If the Saudis can't handle that, then good luck holding their own against the Iraqis. (Moot point now, I know, but I couldn't believe the US caved in.)

yes i know..but you miss my point...let me try again...

I've heard in China they consider aborted human fetuses a delicacy....is that a multicultural thing or a religious thing...? and would you accept it here in America just because it is a Chinese culture thing? would you here in America support chinese parents to kill their child if it turned out to be a girl instead of the boy they wanted...?

my point is that not all MC is good....(including muslim sharia of course)

Last edited:
We have not let the hard right not have their way since the days of integration. The hard Muslims will have to get used to that as well.

Forum List

Back