MSNBC wants to know.

Yeah cause fuck the constitutional powers given the federal government huh willow?

Jose, good work my friend , pearls to swine comes to mind in the responsses you have recieved.

Jbeukema, buy that girl a sandwich would ya.

Does anyone honestly believe that if we were having a mass invasion and drug trafficking problem from our neighbors to the North that "we the people" would be turning a blind eye to it? Hell no! Instead our border patrol and police force would be eyeballing every pasty complected person who says "ah" after every sentence...

Yeah cause fuck the constitutional powers given the federal government huh willow?

Jose, good work my friend , pearls to swine comes to mind in the responsses you have recieved.

Jbeukema, buy that girl a sandwich would ya.

say what???

It is not like this poll has a damned bit of validity to it.

2.7 million people voted in it and 97% support it? I wonder how many times Governor Brewer and her staff have voted in the poll this morning.

Immie

2.7 million people voted in it and 97% support it? I wonder how many times Governor Brewer and her staff have voted in the poll this morning.

Immie

2.7 million? How many live in Arizona? :lol:

Almost 3 million responses and 95.9 percent agree with the new Arizona law, 4.1 don't.

That oughta tell you something.

Immie

Yes, especially with MSNBC being such a conservative news outlet. :cuckoo:

Immie

What does that have to do with anything?

That poll is not limited to MSNBC watchers. I'm sure the RNC and other conservative organizations pay attention to MSNBC. Word gets out this kind of a poll is being conducted and they flood the site.

I have not voted. Tell me, is it limited to one vote per IP Address? Or can you vote dozens of times?

Immie

Immie

That poll is not limited to MSNBC watchers. I'm sure the RNC and other conservative organizations pay attention to MSNBC. Word gets out this kind of a poll is being conducted and they flood the site.

I have not voted. Tell me, is it limited to one vote per IP Address? Or can you vote dozens of times?

Immie

I'm sure the poll was introduced on MSNBC which boast more liberal viewers than conservatives.

Why don't you vote and find out. Or perhaps just bitching about its validity is more pleasing to you.

Why would conservatives flood the polls and not the liberals? it appears you're condeming conservatives of an action that you have no proof of.

Immie

I'm sure the poll was introduced on MSNBC which boast more liberal viewers than conservatives.

Why don't you vote and find out. Or perhaps just bitching about its validity is more pleasing to you.

Why would conservatives flood the polls and not the liberals? it appears you're condeming conservatives of an action that you have no proof of.

Wrong, I'm not condemning anyone except maybe MSNBC for bringing up such a ridiculously unscientific poll.

I would, however, criticize the conservative that in three weeks decides to post this poll as proof positive that 96 out of 100 Americans support Arizona in this issue. That is not to say, that I don't agree that the majority of America is not behind Arizona, just that I don't see this as proof.

As to why liberals would not flood the poll, I have to say, that I do not think this is as big a deal to them as it is to conservatives and quite frankly, the ones that would vote "NO" are the illegals rather than liberals and I'm not at all sure that illegals have access to the equipment required to vote in this poll.

Why won't I vote? Because, I am not at all sure how I feel about the issue. I have not read the law. Most of what I have seen on the law comes from this site with a very little bit of reading articles about it. I think we as Americans encourage illegals to come here regardless of the whining about closing the borders. I definitely support Arizona's right to defend its borders since the Federal Government won't do its job, but then I don't like the idea of persecuting every Hispanic individual in Arizona simply because of his/her race. I am just not sure where I come down on this issue.

Immie

Dont worry Cox is about to buy NBC and then you will own all the boob tube stations.

Almost 3 million responses and 95.9 percent agree with the new Arizona law, 4.1 don't.

The spin on that is its an internet poll and the conservatives in america are making it innacurate.

:lol:
Jose fucking Cuervo. Everything is a conspiracy to the stupid fucking loons when they are on the WRONG side of pupular opinion.
:lol:

BOO FUCKING HOO, IT'S NOT FAIR, YOUR CHEATING, BOO FUCKING HOO!!!!!

Last edited:
No. Despite the wording of the bill, it gives police officers a mandate to de facto racial profile. Which means that, if you are a legal Hispanic in Arizona, you will be hassled for your "papers" every time you are stopped. That's just wrong.
Noone I know is worried about that.

The only problem I have with the bill is the 'sue fucking everyone' part

"No one I know is worried about that." doesn't automatically equate to "good law".

Immie

Immie

Online polls are worthless. Statistically, it's a good example of "selection bias". If online polls were a reflection of anything, then we wouldn't have professional pollsters.

The spin on that is its an internet poll and the conservatives in america are making it innacurate.

there's nothing as amusingly inaccurate as an internet poll.

I rest my case :lol:

What case? Calling it "spin" when other people point out the real statistical limitations to an internet poll doesn't equate to a case.

No one is denying that this bill has a degree of popular support, just that this poll is wildly inaccurate on the degree of support. Remember all those internet polls that showed Ron Paul was going to sweep the GOP primary? Or maybe you never realized the fallacy behind those polls. Perhaps that is the problem.

Think about this logically: when is the last time you saw a poll where anything had 97% support?

Do you honestly think that if we took any 100 people in this country and asked them if they supported this, that only three would object? This own thread refutes that and it's not just liberals.

Forum List

Back