MSNBC wants to know.

Almost 3 million responses and 95.9 percent agree with the new Arizona law, 4.1 don't.

That oughta tell you something.

The spin on that is its an internet poll and the conservatives in america are making it innacurate.

there's nothing as amusingly inaccurate as an internet poll.

I rest my case :lol:

i am a "conservative in america" and i voted in support of the bill.

and guess what? it's still a worthless internet poll. that's not spin; it's a fact.

Something that I've noticed for a while now.........whenever there is something wildly inaccurate, but supportive of a particular conservative opinion, they will quote it as fact, even if it's just a blog.

The MSNBC poll is about as accurate as a USMB poll.

By the way, just out of curiosity........quick question for you all........do you think that if any of those Russian spies had been pulled over in AZ, do you think they would have been asked for their papers?

No. Despite the wording of the bill, it gives police officers a mandate to de facto racial profile. Which means that, if you are a legal Hispanic in Arizona, you will be hassled for your "papers" every time you are stopped. That's just wrong.
Noone I know is worried about that.

The only problem I have with the bill is the 'sue fucking everyone' part

"No one I know is worried about that." doesn't automatically equate to "good law".

Fuck the wetbacks. I don't care about their sob stories. Get in line or get the fuck out.

It's that simple.

By the way, just out of curiosity........quick question for you all........do you think that if any of those Russian spies had been pulled over in AZ, do you think they would have been asked for their papers?

Depends on whether there was anything suspicious to make the officer question their status - a bad fake ID or lack of identification, for instance.

What's your point?

When we look for serial killers, we tend to look at white men first, because most serial killers are white men. When we look for illegals, we tend to end up stopping more hispanicslatinochicanowhateverthefucktheyarenow because most illegals come from the mexico and central/south america.

Something that I've noticed for a while now.........whenever there is something wildly inaccurate, but supportive of a particular conservative opinion, they will quote it as fact, even if it's just a blog.

If they had been pulled over, then yes I believe that they would have had to produce a driver license.

José;2488725 said:
So far according to this poll, out of a total of 2,723,738 votes cast, 95.9% are against you.

Of course they are.

Pepper in someone else's eyes is a salve.
Spanish/Portuguese proverb
'Jose' is a retard.'
-Conclusion of a study conducted by James. T. Beukema et al at the USMB Research and Polling Center
I have peer-reviewed this study, and concur with its findings.

No. Despite the wording of the bill, it gives police officers a mandate to de facto racial profile. Which means that, if you are a legal Hispanic in Arizona, you will be hassled for your "papers" every time you are stopped. That's just wrong.
Sooo...the language in the law preventing profiling is indeed permission to profile?

What are you studying at grad school, anyway? :confused:

Noone I know is worried about that.

"No one I know is worried about that." doesn't automatically equate to "good law".
Just the same as "I have never seen that" doesn't mean "it doesn't exist".

If they are stopped for breaking a law such as speeding and etc, they will be asked for proof of citizenship. If you are stopped doing the same, you will be asked for papers; ie license, registration and proof of insurance. Why is that not being "hassled". The fact is, AZ is only enforcing the federal law that was being ignored.

José;2488698 said:
Would you support a law that allows the detention of any "pseudo-american" unable to trace his/her origins to at least 1200 AD?

Racial profile of likely suspects:

Fair complexion, blond hair, blue eyes, freckles etc, etc...

White America:

HELL NO!!

I am in total support of following Mexico's immigration laws. They are much harsher than the US's.

Yeah cause fuck the constitutional powers given the federal government huh willow?

Jose, good work my friend , pearls to swine comes to mind in the responsses you have recieved.

Jbeukema, buy that girl a sandwich would ya.

Where oh where is the Arizona Law saying f the Constitution there truthtwister? The AZ law merely gives it's LE personell the ability to enforce the fed law allready on the books.

The feds for whatever reason have decided to ignore their fundamental obligation to the citizens of AZ so AZ is doing it for them.

Everyone is "hassled" for their papers when they are pulled over....

You ever get pulled over and they DIDN'T ask for your ID?

Yes - EVERYONE is asked for ID when they are pulled over....

and i have to show my passport when i enter and leave the country.

but not when i go to my local market to buy milk and eggs.

you know and understand the difference, bubbelah. ;)

Yes, cops usually (are supposed to) pull people over who they've witnessed violating the law or are in the process of doing so...

I don't see anything in the AZ law granting them the ability to pull over anyone on suspicion of being an illegal alien... I'd be willing to see it if you have one that claims this...

Yes, cops usually (are supposed to) pull people over who they've witnessed violating the law or are in the process of doing so...

I don't see anything in the AZ law granting them the ability to pull over anyone on suspicion of being an illegal alien... I'd be willing to see it if you have one that claims this...

1. the law can be abused.

2. if i am driving my car in the middle of the night, i understand i will have to show my drivers' license. but should i have to show my passport?

3. and if i don't have my passport, what happens when i am carted off to jail overnight if the police think i'm an illegal... even if i was born here.... or even if i'm a citizen?

and i changed bubbelah to dahlink. you were too quick on the uptake. ;)

1. the law can be abused.
no different than today...

2. if i am driving my car in the middle of the night, i understand i will have to show my drivers' license. but should i have to show my passport?
If you have a valid, legit DL, odds are they wouldn't ask for your "papers" in AZ... If you have an obvious fake one or none at all then you are in violation of the law and subject to frther inquiry in AZ... That's my understanding of hoiw it's supposed to work...

If Jose Illegal is driving down the road in a legally registered and inspected vehicle and not breaking any motor laws, then he shouldn't be stopped... Obviously in AZ not all the vehicles on the road match that criteria... Can't ignore that...

3. and if i don't have my passport, what happens when i am carted off to jail overnight if the police think i'm an illegal... even if i was born here.... or even if i'm a citizen?
Well, if you have no identification whatsoever, should the officer just let you go with a warning? Born here or not, they have to find out who you are, no?

and i changed bubbelah to dahlink. you were too quick on the uptake. ;)
I prefer the french, 'tish...;)

not so. today no one can arrest me for not having my passport during a traffic stop if i happen to speak spanish.

Well, if you have no identification whatsoever, should the officer just let you go with a warning? Born here or not, they have to find out who you are, no?

if i am driving i should have northing but my license/registration and insurance card.

if i am walking, i need nothing.

mais oui, mon cher gomez. *wink*

Last edited:

not so. today no one can arrest me for not having my passport during a traffic stop if i happen to speak spanish.
You miss the point... Any law is passed with the assumption that it will be followed legally... The AZ law, when followed legally and above board would not stop people for being Mexican...

if i am driving i should have northing but my license/registration and insurance card.

if i am walking, i need nothing.
If you are walking and not breaking a law, then you, and any illegal immigrant for that matter, have nothing to fear if the police act within the law... If you are breaking the law while walking, then you better have ID... I hope you can see the difference... I bolded the important parts...

mais oui, mon cher gomez. *wink*

;)

Last edited:

you know and understand the difference, dahlink. ;)

More liberal fear mongering. Unless you are in violation of a law, going to the market will not get one stopped. You sheep seem to follow Obama's analogy of the ice cream shop and continue to use those poor analogies to gin up the fear.
If you read the bill you would find that it clearly states:

"For any lawful contact made by a law enforcement official or agency of this state...where reasonable suspicion exists that the person is an alien who is unlawfully present in the United States, a reasonable attempt shall be made, when practicable, to determine the immigration status of the person."

It takes a big stretch of the imagination to state that while going to the market, you will be asked for papers. How many times have you been asked for ID while going to the market?

Forum List

Back