MSNBC defends fraudulent Rand Paul transcript as "technically correct"

Uh yes. You are.

Then:

There's more in this thread...but I have some more fish I need to hook elsewhere, so that will need to suffice for now....

Umm, that doesn't mean I'm upset about putting "Yes" instead of "Yeah," because if they had put "Yeah" instead of "Yes" we'd still have the same problem. The problem is that they said he answered in the affirmative a question that he did not answer in the affirmative.
So he DOESN'T think 'a private business has the right to say, "We don't serve black people"?'

This is almost as much fun as the last Limbo Pole /Pin the Tail party I went to....

I'd suggest taking it up with him.

Rand Paul Sets the Record Straight | Rand Paul 2010 | U.S. Senate

Umm, that doesn't mean I'm upset about putting "Yes" instead of "Yeah," because if they had put "Yeah" instead of "Yes" we'd still have the same problem. The problem is that they said he answered in the affirmative a question that he did not answer in the affirmative.
So he DOESN'T think 'a private business has the right to say, "We don't serve black people"?'

This is almost as much fun as the last Limbo Pole /Pin the Tail party I went to....

I didn't click - maybe you can tell me-- is that where his previously deeply held conviction went to the back of the bus?

I didn't click - maybe you can tell me-- is that where his previously deeply held conviction went to the back of the bus?

I don't know. Is that what you think happened?

He didn't say "Yes" to the question, however, which is why it's misleading, and MSNBC refuses to apologize or acknowledge that it was more than just the New York Times that picked up on their mistake.

NO matter how you try to spin it, he is a fucking tea bagging racist. Period. Dont believe my own ears? Really?

Fucking racist.

Well apparently you don't believe your own ears, since I'm sure you clearly heard him say that he abhors racism.

Except he abhors the federal government having the power to stop racism more.

Well I don't speak for Rand Paul, but since you demanded that I answer I see no reason for me to bother.

Wow. The transformation of a Randian. Right before my very eyes.

He learned to dodge and dance with the best! Look at that squiggle. Watch the finagle. SEE the Prestodigitcontation! Allakazam!

Hot damn! You picked up some smoooooooooooth moves from your fellow obfuscator and magikdance teacher KK. Cool.

Hootcha!

Yep, that's me. Dodging, dancing, and flip flopping by refusing to answer your question for my political career. Oh wait, we're on a message board and I have no political career.

Why would you avoid answering the question?

Wow. The transformation of a Randian. Right before my very eyes.

He learned to dodge and dance with the best! Look at that squiggle. Watch the finagle. SEE the Prestodigitcontation! Allakazam!

Hot damn! You picked up some smoooooooooooth moves from your fellow obfuscator and magikdance teacher KK. Cool.

Hootcha!

Yep, that's me. Dodging, dancing, and flip flopping by refusing to answer your question for my political career. Oh wait, we're on a message board and I have no political career.

Exactly my point.

Exactly my point.

Do you agree with this statement?

Just as anyone could deny anyone entry to their home or land for any reason, someone should be able to deny someone entry to their business for any reason. Private property is private property. Racism is a horrible thing, but people have the right to be racist.

??

Exactly my point.

Just as anyone could deny anyone entry to their home or land for any reason, someone should be able to deny someone entry to their business for any reason. Private property is private property. Racism is a horrible thing, but people have the right to be racist.

??

Seems like a silly question to me.

I concluded it from the collection of his quotes that I have read, many of which have already been posted.

In other words, you made it up.

of course that's what he means.

why would you distort his philosophy?

I'm not distorting anything. Rand Paul has never said that he thinks federal overreach is worse than racism, so who are we to say that that's what he believes? Believing that the government has no right to tell anyone who they may or may not associate with on their own property doesn't mean that you necessarily think that the government overreach is worse than the racism itself.

Exactly my point.

??

What's silly about simply acknowledging a statement defending the right to be a racist business,

made by you?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/2325321-post2.html

??

What's silly about simply acknowledging a statement defending the right to be a racist business,

made by you?

It's silly because you asked me if I agree with a statement I made myself and tried to trick me into disagreeing with it because you think I'm changing my position on the issue because I refused to answer a question in this thread.

made by you?

It's silly because you asked me if I agree with a statement I made myself and tried to trick me into disagreeing with it because you think I'm changing my position on the issue because I refused to answer a question in this thread.
And why did you refuse to answer the question?

made by you?

And why did you refuse to answer the question?

Because you demanded that I answer it, and insinuated that I may answer it dishonestly by demanding that I answer it honestly.

Plus, you already knew my views.

Wow. Could this issue be any less insignificant than the dingleberry on the end of a baby gnat's ass?

Really.

I'd say it's pretty significant when MSNBC lies in its transcript and then the rest of the media picks up on that to make it look like somebody said something they didn't.
Whether he said Yeah or Yes in a question he has answered affirmatively (and you support) is significant?

Only to people who worry about their boogers and the specks of lint on their cellar windowsill.

You are a liar

He did not answer the question in the affirmative in the instance in question

Forum List

Back