Mr. President,Here Are The 'Shovel-Ready Jobs' You Promised But Never Delivered...

tarsandsaction.org/spread-the-word/key-facts-keystone-xl/

Don't see no "facts" there. Just opinion. And since the pipeline is being rerouted it isn't even current.

Just propaganda. The Democrats are holding these jobs up just for politics. They can't possibly allow the Republicans to get any credit for creating these jobs. They would rather piss them all away than let that happen. It's not about pleasing their far Left 'Global Warming' base like some have suggested either. This President routinely screws them over. He knows they're pretty ignorant and have no one else to support. He just laughs at them at this point. So it's not about that. It's about 'Party before Country.' That's all it is.

Sad but true. Obama knows that this is the only way he has a chance of winning the election.

:cuckoo:Help me understand why the people would rather have a toxic tar sand pipeline through the middle of our country and all expenses and risks for a mere "possible" 20,000 jobs and reject a plan for infrastructure building and other plans that would have produced a MINIMUM of 275 THOUSAND AMERICAN JOBS?

More importantly, both are at the high end of job-creation estimates. Bloomberg News surveyed 34 economists to gauge the impact of the president’s jobs bill. Of those, 28 economists estimated how many jobs would be created by the bill. The median estimate was 275,000 jobs in 2012 and 13,000 jobs in 2013 for a total of 288,000 jobs .

Bloomberg News, Sept. 28: The legislation, submitted to Congress this month, would increase gross domestic product by 0.6 percent next year and add or keep 275,000 workers on payrolls, the median estimates in the survey of 34 economists showed. The program would also lower the jobless rate by 0.2 percentage point in 2012, economists said. …

Some 13,000 jobs would be created in 2013, bringing the total to 288,000 over two years, according to the survey. Employers in the U.S. added 1.26 million workers in the past 12 months, Labor Department data show.

Here is a link to look at and let people decide themselves about the pipeline.
.transcanada.com/keystone.html]Keystone Pipeline Project
I will not claim these as facts just info to consider.
StevenC - are you kidding me - you claim "facts" from a website from the BIG OIL Corporation THAT WANTS TO BUILD THE PIPELINE? At the same time ignoring facts from an independent research foundation
Beware the Source!

It's pretty clear that this President and Democrats would rather see you poor & unemployed than see the Republicans get any credit for creating these jobs. It's all just dirty politics shit now. 'Party before Country.'

It's pretty clear that this President and Democrats would rather see you poor & unemployed than see the Republicans get any credit for creating these jobs. It's all just dirty politics shit now. 'Party before Country.'
Obvious Fox "News" Zombie - proven by several studies to be the most politically "misinformed" people on the planet. - Facts not Fiction !

Obvious Fox "News" Zombie - proven by several studies to be the most politically "misinformed" people on the planet. - Facts not Fiction !

Curious....would you say the majority of Americans are for less dependence on middle eastern oil than those that are not? Would you say more Americans would want to see the pipeline built than not? Would you say more Americans want those 20K jobs created than not?

I ask as you seem so willing to attack Fox News...lets see how willing you are to address the topic at hand......

Here is a link to look at and let people decide themselves about the pipeline.
.transcanada.com/keystone.html]Keystone Pipeline Project
I will not claim these as facts just info to consider.
StevenC - are you kidding me - you claim "facts" from a website from the BIG OIL Corporation THAT WANTS TO BUILD THE PIPELINE? At the same time ignoring facts from an independent research foundation
Beware the Source!

READ...dont just scan...

StevenC made it clear that he is not claiming them as facts but instead information to consider.

You need to calm down and debate like an adult.

Even more studies have shown that no one gives a shit what your GE/NBC twat studies have shown. Now back ya go to MSLSD for more White House talking-points. You've clearly run out of material. No one's buying your stale propaganda shit here. Good luck and see ya. :badgrin:

Even more studies have shown that no one gives a shit what your GE/NBC twat studies have shown. Now back ya go to MSLSD for more White House talking-points. You've clearly run out of material. No one's buying your stale propaganda shit here. Good luck and see ya. :badgrin:
Hardly Mr. P -not everyone finds the intrusion and trampling on their lands by a foreign country palatable:

"The Calgary-based company is planning a $7 billion pipeline that would carry oil some 1,700 miles from Alberta's tar sands through six U.S. states to the Texas Gulf Coast.

It had planned to run part of that pipeline across the southwest corner of a 180-acre slice of land belonging to 69-year-old Sue Kelso and her siblings.

The family declined TransCanada's offers of compensation for the use of their land, and eventually refused to negotiate, at which point the company filed a legal claim for the right to run the pipeline through the property anyway.

Where deals can't be struck, the company has sometimes invoked eminent domain, a power that can be delegated by state authorities to public and private companies.

"Let's face it, our government is crooked," Kelso told The Huffington Post last month, expressing anger that the pipeline was being supported by state and federal legislators

"Politicians are crooked and I don't trust any of them. They don't care if this stuff is dangerous -- until they don't have any clean drinking water. And then they'll wish they hadn't pushed for that pipeline."

Ps - Jarhead thanks for the advice - I'll do my best against a party that resists truth like the plague :)

Hardly Mr. P -not everyone finds the intrusion and trampling on their lands by a foreign country palatable:

"The Calgary-based company is planning a $7 billion pipeline that would carry oil some 1,700 miles from Alberta's tar sands through six U.S. states to the Texas Gulf Coast.

It had planned to run part of that pipeline across the southwest corner of a 180-acre slice of land belonging to 69-year-old Sue Kelso and her siblings.

The family declined TransCanada's offers of compensation for the use of their land, and eventually refused to negotiate, at which point the company filed a legal claim for the right to run the pipeline through the property anyway.

Where deals can't be struck, the company has sometimes invoked eminent domain, a power that can be delegated by state authorities to public and private companies.

"Let's face it, our government is crooked," Kelso told The Huffington Post last month, expressing anger that the pipeline was being supported by state and federal legislators

"Politicians are crooked and I don't trust any of them. They don't care if this stuff is dangerous -- until they don't have any clean drinking water. And then they'll wish they hadn't pushed for that pipeline."

Ps - Jarhead thanks for the advice - I'll do my best against a party that resists truth like the plague :)

Is that what GE/NBC told ya? lol! Yea,lay off the MSLSD. Too much White House propaganda for you. You need to learn when to say when. Your brain is rotting.

Curious....would you say the majority of Americans are for less dependence on middle eastern oil than those that are not? Would you say more Americans would want to see the pipeline built than not? Would you say more Americans want those 20K jobs created than not?

I ask as you seem so willing to attack Fox News...lets see how willing you are to address the topic at hand......
Mr. Jarhead - Gas prices: Keystone XL will increase gas prices for Americans—Especially Farmers

Jobs: TransCanada’s jobs projections are vastly inflated.

A rupture in the Keystone XL pipeline could cause a BP style oil spill in America’s heartland, over the source of fresh drinking water for 2 million people. NASA’s top climate scientist says that fully developing the tar sands in Canada would mean “essentially game over” for the climate.

Keystone XL is the fuse to North America’s biggest carbon bomb.

Meanwhile - economists state the President's Jobs Bill will create a MINIMUM of 275,000 American jobs rebuilding our cities infrastructure - what is the obvious choice.......

A 1,700 mile toxic tar sands pipeline down the middle of our country and environment? or rebuilding America?

Mr. Jarhead - Gas prices: Keystone XL will increase gas prices for Americans—Especially Farmers

A rupture in the Keystone XL pipeline could cause a BP style oil spill in America’s heartland, over the source of fresh drinking water for 2 million people. NASA’s top climate scientist says that fully developing the tar sands in Canada would mean “essentially game over” for the climate.

Meanwhile - economists state the President's Jobs Bill will create a MINIMUM of 275,000 American jobs rebuilding our cities infrastructure - what is the obvious choice.......

A 1,700 mile toxic tar sands pipeline down the middle of our country and environment? or rebuilding America?

Do you have a Job? You keep scoffing at these jobs that will be created. You know,some people really need these jobs so they're nothing to scoff at. Even if the lowest estimates are accurate,which i highly doubt they are,20,000 Jobs are still nothing to just dismiss. And they're all Private-Sector jobs. No cost to the Taxpayers. So they need to quit playing politics and get this deal done. Many Americans are counting on these jobs. Time to get this done.

Is that what GE/NBC told ya? lol! Yea,lay off the MSLSD. Too much White House propaganda for you. You need to learn when to say when. Your brain is rotting.
Mr. P - I don't know what the "Management Strategy For Lake Shoreland Development" (MSLSD) has to do with this issue:) But I think it is YOU that is running out of talking points and resorting to silly insults - typical Republican tactic - LOL !
It's obvious you're not use to having your opinions challenged factually, since "righties" tend to accept anything your right wing media tells you without question - Zombified !!

Because there is strong evidence that the pipeline will kill more jobs than it will create. The Canadian portion of the pipeline has already proven to be a needless endeavor and has invaded the cost of doing business for oil refineries. That's going to be offset by higher pump prices which will in turn increase the cost of doing business for other businesses. Which will likely lead to layoffs. Currently there is no need for increased pipeline demand. Analysts predict that if the line is extended into the US, pipelines between Canada and here will operate at 50% capacity. Low capacity causes tolls per barrel to rise in order to cover construction and maintenance costs for the entire infrastructure.

I don't know that I've ever come across someone so entirely out to lunch. Do you think businessmen don't know how to do what's in their own financial best interest. 'Proven to be a needless endeavor'? How exactly? You're going to try to persuade us all that a multi-billion dollar oil company decided to invest a multi-billion dollar pipeline without determining whether or not it would be financially beneficial or cost effective for them? WHAT FUCKING PLANET ARE YOU ON? How exactly do you lose jobs when people are going to be needed to build and maintain something that doesn't currenlty exist? How exactly do you lose jobs from receiving more product that needs to be refined. I thought you lefties wanted to reduce our dependence on oil from the middle east and south america. This will reduce it by nearly 10%. It's going to be underground so it will be clean and even the EPA is on record as saying, once completed, it will have little to no impact on the environment.

It's the environmentaltist wack jobs that have hijacked this and it certainly seems Obama is one of them or at least catering to them because this project has everything he claims to want. More jobs, less dependence on foreign oil, and environmentally friendly. Blocking this can only be about one thing. The fact that it's 'evil', 'dirty' oil.

Last edited:

Mr. P - I don't know what the "Management Strategy For Lake Shoreland Development" (MSLSD) has to do with this issue:) But I think it is YOU that is running out of talking points and resorting to silly insults - typical Republican tactic - LOL !
It's obvious you're not use to having your opinions challenged factually, since "righties" tend to accept anything your right wing media tells you without question - Zombified !!

:lol: You haven't presented even the slightest bit of facts. You've only regurgitated propaganda you've been fed. I guess they're facts to you though. Gee,go figure? Seriously,back ya go to MSLSD. More White House talking-points waiting for ya there. Have fun.

Can any Repub explain why we need a pipeline from Canada to the Gulf Of Mexico - perhaps to make it easier to ship oil to China where Big Oil can make even MORE Profits?

People the purpose of The Keystone XL Pipeline is to make it possible for CANADA to sell oil to CHINA through the gulf of Mexico.

No one has been able to answer the question - How are working class Americans BENEFITING from this massive infringement on our Country, The Keystone XL Pipeline ?

The ones that will PROFIT immensely are two Foreign Countries, Big Oil and OUR Politicians - hardworking American people SCROOGED - Again !!

DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN !!
You know if Republicans are for it, it'll benefit Corporations at the cost of the American working class !!

Because if that's what they really wanted to do and was more const effective they would have gone with plan B first. If this pipeline ultimately does have the kabosh put on it. The oil's company plan b is to build the pipeline to a port on the vancouver coast and indeed have it shipped and refined in China. And this isn't a massive infringment at all. It is going to be completely burried. Once done, it's not going to infringe on anyone.

Do you have a Job? You keep scoffing at these jobs that will be created. You know,some people really need these jobs so they're nothing to scoff at. Even if the lowest estimates are accurate,which i highly doubt they are,20,000 Jobs are still nothing to just dismiss. And they're all Private-Sector jobs. No cost to the Taxpayers. So they need to quit playing politics and get this deal done. Many Americans are counting on these jobs. Time to get this done.
H that's better Mr. P - you've must of taken your meds and calmed down a bit:) Your still totally wrong but a bit more civil -LOL

I ask again - economists state the President's Jobs Bill will create a MINIMUM of 275,000 American jobs rebuilding our cities infrastructure - what is the obvious choice.......

Why dont we ask that question without the spin and with some additional facts.....

What is the obvious choice...

Building a 1700 mile pipeline with certain safeguards in place to minimize damage if there is a spill as we do all the time with all projects creating 20K jobs and eliminatiuon the great depoendency oon oil from our enemies..

or spend a half a trillion dollars that we dont have to rebuild America at a time when we cant afford to rebuild America.

I mean....would you re-do your kitchen if you were in serious debt?

H that's better Mr. P - you've must of taken your meds and calmed down a bit:) Your still totally wrong but a bit more civil -LOL

I ask again - economists state the President's Jobs Bill will create a MINIMUM of 275,000 American jobs rebuilding our cities infrastructure - what is the obvious choice.......

None of us need an economist to tell us that if you take 500 billion dollars and use it to rebuild infrastructure, it would create jobs.

The question is....where do we get the money from?

And even better yet...who do you give the money to?

Forum List

Back