Mr. President,Here Are The 'Shovel-Ready Jobs' You Promised But Never Delivered...

Remember all those jobs you promised? Have you forgotten already? Please Sir,approve the Keystone XL Pipeline right now. Americans are waiting to get back to work. Do it for your country. This is just a humble plea from a humble citizen and voter. So wadda ya say?

There are plenty of jobs out there in the country, just not enough skilled workers to fill them.

Kind of the result of our hatred of keeping our youth educated. Such a disdain for those college types.

Yes we need lots of jobs, but the Keystone XL pipeline is a baaad way to go about it. It's a bad bad bad idea, and jobs shouldn't be the only thing concerned.

Lots of private-sector jobs plus a Tax Cut to boot? Sign me up. Not seeing much wrong with that.

Lots of private-sector jobs here. Just do it. Let's quit playing politics. The People just want to work. They don't care who gets the credit for creating these jobs. They can all take credit and just help Americans out. It's a Win/Win.

Yes! Let's just get the people these jobs! All the people want is to work. But those damned libs are stopping them. Lets do our part to make sure that we have ANOTHER 21 consecutive months of private sector job growth..........thanks to the quick and selfless actions of the GOP!

People are being way too picky on this stuff. Here's the jobs,so why take them away from Americans? This just isn't a good time in our history to be so picky. Good Jobs are very scarce these days. These will be some pretty high-paying jobs. It's not the time to pass on them. Get the deal done.

Who benefits from this project? Really benefit? Big money benefit, Billions of dollars in profits benefits?

You know and to hell with 20,000 jobs. Why not the infrastructure Obama bill with MILLIONS of good jobs. Oh yeah no profits for the BIG business. Deny them the money Mr. President.

Remember all those jobs you promised? Have you forgotten already? Please Sir,approve the Keystone XL Pipeline right now. Americans are waiting to get back to work. Do it for your country. This is just a humble plea from a humble citizen and voter. So wadda ya say?

Obama is willing to shaft 20k new workers at the same time he fucks us out of our tax-breaks......and acts like he's doing the right thing.

Bet folks like Ravi, Truthdoesn'tmatter, and rdean all think he's clever.

People are being way too picky on this stuff. Here's the jobs,so why take them away from Americans? This just isn't a good time in our history to be so picky. Good Jobs are very scarce these days. These will be some pretty high-paying jobs. It's not the time to pass on them. Get the deal done.

They're jobs but not the right color of jobs......they must be Green jobs. :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
Oh my gosh! Why in the world would Obama block this pipeline and the jobs? It makes no sense! he's a fucking job killer! Surely.....every one of those 20,00o people and the union thugs who support them will become ardent Obama supporters after they are forced to take government handouts and become dependent on the liberals to keep the handouts coming! It is all a great conspiracy!

Because there is strong evidence that the pipeline will kill more jobs than it will create. The Canadian portion of the pipeline has already proven to be a needless endeavor and has invaded the cost of doing business for oil refineries. That's going to be offset by higher pump prices which will in turn increase the cost of doing business for other businesses. Which will likely lead to layoffs. Currently there is no need for increased pipeline demand. Analysts predict that if the line is extended into the US, pipelines between Canada and here will operate at 50% capacity. Low capacity causes tolls per barrel to rise in order to cover construction and maintenance costs for the entire infrastructure.

You are saying "analysts predict that if the line is extended into the U.S". Keystone is already pipelined into the US.

The original Keystone pipeline runs to refineries in Illinois and Oklahoma. This is needless?

Please can I have a link to this garbage you are spewing?

Mine's nice and easy at wiki.

The Keystone Pipeline System is a pipeline system to transport synthetic crude oil and diluted bitumen from the Athabasca Oil Sands in northeastern Alberta, Canada to multiple destinations in the United States, which include refineries in Illinois, Cushing oil distribution hub in Oklahoma, and proposed connections to refineries along the Gulf Coast of Texas

Who benefits from this project? Really benefit? Big money benefit, Billions of dollars in profits benefits?

You know and to hell with 20,000 jobs. Why not the infrastructure Obama bill with MILLIONS of good jobs. Oh yeah no profits for the BIG business. Deny them the money Mr. President.

We have more than enough workers on the Government payroll already. Government jobs cost several $Billions over many years. The Taxpayers have to pay for it all. Their "Stimulus" cost the Taxpayers an average of $250,000 per job created. That's a huge net-loss in the end. We just don't have the Taxpayer cash to throw around anymore. Isn't $16 Trillion in Debt enough? So the Public-Sector route has been exhausted.

The Private-Sector will have to pick up the slack. And this pipeline does that. There will be many jobs available for a lengthy period of time. You can scoff at 20,000 jobs if you want to,but trust me when i tell you Americans need them. And your number is a very low estimate. I've seen numbers much higher. This is not a time to be picky. We need to get Americans working. This deal can and should be done.

There are plenty of jobs out there in the country, just not enough skilled workers to fill them.

Kind of the result of our hatred of keeping our youth educated. Such a disdain for those college types.

Yes we need lots of jobs, but the Keystone XL pipeline is a baaad way to go about it. It's a bad bad bad idea, and jobs shouldn't be the only thing concerned.

Why is it a baaaad bad idea?

Oh and by the way, with all due respect you make absolutely no sense whatsoever when you equate college/university types with skilled labor.

Worlds apart. Academics versus skilled and talented and desperately needed tradesmen and women.

Actually universes apart.:D

So the President and Democrats are just gonna cheat Americans out of all these jobs? Just for politics? Really? Do they really think Americans aren't gonna get pissed? Ok,whatever. If thats the way they wanna go?

We have more than enough workers on the Government payroll already. Government jobs cost several $Billions over many years. The Taxpayers have to pay for it all. Their "Stimulus" cost the Taxpayers an average of $250,000 per job created. That's a huge net-loss in the end. We just don't have the Taxpayer cash to throw around anymore. Isn't $16 Trillion in Debt enough? So the Public-Sector route has been exhausted.

The Private-Sector will have to pick up the slack. And this pipeline does that. There will be many jobs available for a lengthy period of time. You can scoff at 20,000 jobs if you want to,but trust me when i tell you Americans need them. And your number is a very low estimate. I've seen numbers much higher. This is not a time to be picky. We need to get Americans working. This deal can and should be done.

Most don't even realize Canada is your number one, numero uno supplier of oil.

AND Saskatchewan has no intention of invading the US and no one from Newfoundland is angry at American Tourism and is plotting to blow up any major building in the US and you don't see us jumping up and down in our toques burning American flags.

We're too busy ice fishing.

The most offensive thing I think we have ever done is exported Celine Dion. For that I extend my humblest of apologies. Just keeeeeeeding.:badgrin:

I have to keep reminding myself that this is the same administration who lent money to Brazil for off shore oil exploration.

A company Soros is invested in. 2 Billion I think it was to Petrobas (sp?).

I have to keep reminding myself that this is the same administration who lent money to Brazil for off shore oil exploration.

A US President who promotes a Capitalist venture at the will of his Master yet obstructs domestic Capitalism at the will of his Master (SOROS)

AND Saskatchewan has no intention of invading the US and no one from Newfoundland is angry at American Tourism and is plotting to blow up any major building in the US and you don't see us jumping up and down in our toques burning American flags.

The most offensive thing I think we have ever done is exported Celine Dion. For that I extend my humblest of apologies. Just keeeeeeeding.:badgrin:

lol! Great points. Yea it would also lessen our dependence on Middle Eastern oil. And that's a big deal for me. This deal should have already been done. It's just all about politics now.

Drilling for oil to fatten Soros' wallet is very acceptable to Democrats. After all,he owns their entire Party.

Now--Now--real PRIVATE sector job growth that doesn't cost the taxpayers a single dime--will inhibit what he really wants. A BIGGER--more intrusive--expensive federal government.

mrz102010dAPR20101020070048.jpg

lol! Great points. Yea it would also lessen our dependence on Middle Eastern oil. And that's a big deal for me. This deal should have already been done. It's just all about politics now.

That's the sad part. People really need jobs and as I said in my other post, 20,000 jobs is just the beginning because those 20,000 pipeline workers need supplies, need coffee and donuts, need pizzas delivered, need housing and the list goes on.

Equipment needs to be purchased and transported and truckers and rail lines have to get this equipment to the pipeline sites.

It's a win win and as far as I know not one dime is coming from the American taxpayer. This is strictly a private venture.

Now--Now--real PRIVATE sector job growth that doesn't cost the taxpayers a single dime--will inhibit what he really wants. A BIGGER--more intrusive--expensive federal government.

mrz102010dAPR20101020070048.jpg

Yea i guess so but i'm an optimist. I really do believe he'll do the right thing and support this pipeline. A deal can be done.

That's the sad part. People really need jobs and as I said in my other post, 20,000 jobs is just the beginning because those 20,000 pipeline workers need supplies, need coffee and donuts, need pizzas delivered, need housing and the list goes on.

Equipment needs to be purchased and transported and truckers and rail lines have to get this equipment to the pipeline sites.

It's a win win and as far as I know not one dime is coming from the American taxpayer. This is strictly a private venture.

Yea i know. It's a Win/Win. We get a Tax Cut and we get thousands of American jobs. Too bad many of our Politicians are only about 'Party before Country' now. Some are just upset that one might get more credit for creating these jobs than the other will. Just shitty politics now. It's sad.

Forum List

Back