MR OBAMA...you are the President of the United States - ACT LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well basically today President Obama announced that Libya would be under a no-fly zone and America would aid in the enforcement of that. The United States will be working as part of a coalition to stop the Libyan government from slaughtering it's citizens, much like Clinton did during the Balkan Conflict, an action which infuriated Conservatives.

I find this thread interesting. What exactly is meant by lead? President Bush "led" the United States into an illegal use of force against Iraq which was extremely costly. He led when he mapped an "Axis of Evil" with North Korea, Iraq and Iran...three countries which have little or no dealings with each other and in the case of Iran/Iraq..were in conflict. Should President Obama "lead" by wearing 10 gallon hats and cowboy boots to meetings with heads of state..like President Bush did? Should he lead by climbing into the cockpit of a military plane..stopping an aircraft carrier and stand in front of a "Mission Accomplished" sign?

I like President Obama's pragmatic stewardship of the country. It's adult, measured and commands respect from the world...and disdain from the rednecks.

how exactly, do they plan to "stop the Libyan government from slaughtering it's citizens"?

and hey last I checked it was a dem congress that passed the warpowers resolution act, say what? :eek:

And...wait for it....Qadaffi ignores Obama/UN "resolution" and continues to fire on his people.
Someone asked how would he "lead"?
You let 30-40 America stealth jets take out his ability to communicate, his anti-aircraft weapons and a few of his palaces for good measure - and ol' Play-Dough face will be begging to let him step down. He doesn't want to live in a dirt hole for a few weeks and then be executed by his own people does he?

Right or wrong, if you, as the leader of the free world, makes a demand while threatening military action - then you better back that shit up.
If not, - then go sit down and don't tell the citizens who are rebelling against their leaders you got their back and then don't do jack when they are getting killed - and do something besides double the Federal Debt with your latest "budget".

What we witnessed in the past few weeks is an incompetent, impotent little man who doesn't want or believe in his role as world leader. And the "consequences" have already happened, he emboldened 1000's of Libyan citizens to stay strong and then let them die while he "talked".

Last edited:
I do not believe there is any quick fix to any of the situations currently going on. What I got out of the OP was the president of the united states should act like the president of the united states. What I have seen (or have not seen) is a lack of ......interest? Puppetry? Disinterest? Shoulder shrugs? Empty words that mean squat because he's sitting on the fence because it's safer there? Unsure but pretending to be sure?
Those "lacks" are felt, seen, heard. Even by those who voted for him. Like me. The OP is venting for Obama to ACT LIKE HE ACTED WHILE CAMPAIGNING. At least, that's what I got out of it. Then again..maybe I am wrong and his intent was something else. I don't know. Doesn't really matter either since there isn't a damn thing anyone can do about what Obama does, or doesn't do. Until 2012.

I do not believe there is any quick fix to any of the situations currently going on. What I got out of the OP was the president of the united states should act like the president of the united states. What I have seen (or have not seen) is a lack of ......interest? Puppetry? Disinterest? Shoulder shrugs? Empty words that mean squat because he's sitting on the fence because it's safer there? Unsure but pretending to be sure?
Those "lacks" are felt, seen, heard. Even by those who voted for him. Like me. The OP is venting for Obama to ACT LIKE HE ACTED WHILE CAMPAIGNING. At least, that's what I got out of it. Then again..maybe I am wrong and his intent was something else. I don't know. Doesn't really matter either since there isn't a damn thing anyone can do about what Obama does, or doesn't do. Until 2012.

That is exactly what I am venting.
And thank you for having the intelligence to easily define my message.
At no point in this whole thing have I said I am for or against military action - my opinion doesn't matter does it?
My rant is that his indecisiveness got people killed, and he was bested by a murderous, cowardly dictator.

Well basically today President Obama announced that Libya would be under a no-fly zone and America would aid in the enforcement of that. The United States will be working as part of a coalition to stop the Libyan government from slaughtering it's citizens, much like Clinton did during the Balkan Conflict, an action which infuriated Conservatives.

I find this thread interesting. What exactly is meant by lead? President Bush "led" the United States into an illegal use of force against Iraq which was extremely costly. He led when he mapped an "Axis of Evil" with North Korea, Iraq and Iran...three countries which have little or no dealings with each other and in the case of Iran/Iraq..were in conflict. Should President Obama "lead" by wearing 10 gallon hats and cowboy boots to meetings with heads of state..like President Bush did? Should he lead by climbing into the cockpit of a military plane..stopping an aircraft carrier and stand in front of a "Mission Accomplished" sign?

I like President Obama's pragmatic stewardship of the country. It's adult, measured and commands respect from the world...and disdain from the rednecks.

how exactly, do they plan to "stop the Libyan government from slaughtering it's citizens"?

and hey last I checked it was a dem congress that passed the warpowers resolution act, say what? :eek:

You missed the whole Clinton Balkans thing..didn't you?

Really Carbonated? Where's the OIL from IRAQ?

Why are you asking me instead of asking the guy who just claimed that's the reason for going to war with Libya?

You mentioned IRAQ and the cries from the left at the time of "blood for oil"...did you not.

Blame, Denial, Minimization, Obfuscation...

Guess where *YOU* fall? :eusa_shhh:

No I was asking the poster to clarify his position which appears to be that shedding American blood for oil is a worthy exercise.

Did you even read his post?

Really? Details?

Basically, they were calling for air strikes, didn't rule out invasion of certain areas inside Libya.

I see...and likie OBAMA? They waited until the INEPT *United Nations* Spoke I suspect...in any regard? LACK of leadership...

Of course!!! The silence of the left under O is equally as loud as the wailing and gnashing during the Bush years. It's got a certain poetry to it!!

Why are you asking me instead of asking the guy who just claimed that's the reason for going to war with Libya?

You mentioned IRAQ and the cries from the left at the time of "blood for oil"...did you not.

No I was asking the poster to clarify his position which appears to be that shedding American blood for oil is a worthy exercise.

well only when congress grants approval ala the War Powers Resolution act...right?

Our interests take us wherever they say...last I checked........no?

Basically, they were calling for air strikes, didn't rule out invasion of certain areas inside Libya.

I see...and likie OBAMA? They waited until the INEPT *United Nations* Spoke I suspect...in any regard? LACK of leadership...

How would you have justified a unilateral act of war against Libya under these circumstances?

What's the case for war?

Policy of Former Presidents based upon the Despot's Record?

Nah...never occured to you did it?

That is exactly what I am venting.
And thank you for having the intelligence to easily define my message.
At no point in this whole thing have I said I am for or against military action - my opinion doesn't matter does it?
My rant is that his indecisiveness got people killed, and he was bested by a murderous, cowardly dictator.

He saw stars in his eyes but the reality is far different than he imaged. So he is playing the game until he can get out. He is no leader. That much I DO know. He is weak. And the world knows it now.

And no..you never said anything for against military action. You said for the president to act like one. Which he hasnt.

I think there is a phrase for it.."Poetry will campaigning, Prose while governing.." or something like that.

Personally I think it's refreshing not to have a "dog and pony show" for every crisis.

well only when congress grants approval ala the War Powers Resolution act...right?

Our interests take us wherever they say...last I checked........no?

I don't know what you're talking about. I'm talking about legitimate reasons to start a war with Libya.

You missed the whole Clinton Balkans thing..didn't you?

no whats why I mentioned it, what was their to miss, exactly? ......

Forum List

Back