Movies You Have Enjoyed

Starlight

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2013
Illinois
I didn't see a section for movies that members enjoyed, so here one is, and if one is already started, sorry I missed seeing it. :)

Saw the movie "42" recently. Tho I am not a big baseball fan, I really enjoyed this movie about Jackie Robinson, who was the first African American to play in American Major League Baseball.

The movie didn't just deal with baseball, it had a human interest side that was very moving, interesting and funny in parts too. At the end of the movie, the audience clapped. I highly recommend seeing it...a really entertaining movie. One of those movies that leave a good feeling afterwards.

I have pretty standard taste in movies, and a fair collection of DVD's. Just glancing down at the rack of DVD's I can see.......

The Matrix trilogy, the Xmen trilogy, the Lord of the rings trilogy. Dune, 2001 a space odyssey, Alexander, Troy, ect.

Last edited:
I'll be sure to catch that one when it gets to the rental store.

I found one on Netflix called Valhalla Rising.

It's a dandy, albeit gory. Very artsy and the sceneries are awesome.

Thanks Mr.H. :) Had never heard of the movie before. I added it to my netflix queque. That helps to get member's reviews on recommendations. When I want to see recommendations by regular movie goers and the critics, I go to imdb.com

All the movies presently at the theaters are listed at imdb, the actors in it...all the information about the movies....bio's of the actors and actresses in the movies...the critics reviews of the movies, and the reviews of the regular moviegoes. Any movie new or old you type into the search engine, gives all the same info. They also grade the regular moviegoes reviews of a movie by stars.....0/10. I have seen some really good movies, I wouldn't have normally gone to see, by reading the moviegoers reviews.

I have pretty standard taste in movies, and a fair collection of DVD's. Just glancing down at the rack of DVD's I can see.......

The Matrix trilogy, the Xmen trilogy, the Lord of the rings trilogy. Dune, 2001 a space odyssey, Alexander, Troy, ect.

You have some really good DVD collections listed, Dajjal. :) I have some of those in my DVD collection, and will be seeing about the other's. Yesterday I went to our local Blockbuster, which is closing next month, and they are having a closing out sale of all their movies, and was able to get quite a few movies there for $3.00 and also for .99.

I don't buy DVDs as a rule. There are very, very few movies I want to watch more than once. So my collection is very small, and very...weird.

They Live

Koyaanisqatsi

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Pulp Fiction

And...a bunch of 1970s blaxploitation films. :redface:

One of the blaxploitation fliks I have was very hard to find. I think I and just a few hundred people ever saw it back when it was in theaters.

I was an underaged white kid and had to sneak into an inner city black theater to see it at the time. :lol:

The hell was I doing?!?

Last edited:
I don't buy DVDs as a rule. There are very, very few movies I want to watch more than once. So my collection is very small, and very...weird.

They Live

Koyaanisqatsi

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Pulp Fiction

And...a bunch of 1970s blaxploitation films. :redface:

One of the blaxploitation fliks I have was very hard to find. I think I and just a few hundred people ever saw it back when it was in theaters.

I was an underaged white kid and had to sneak into an inner city black theater to see it at the time. :lol:

The hell was I doing?!?

Thanks for your listing of movies, g5000. I had not heard of the movie "Koyaanisqatsi" before, so looked it up, and it has a really high rating, and I read that the Premier of the movie was at Radio City Music Hall and 5,000 people attended. This will be a new movie for me to check out.

I hadn't heard of "They Live" either, and it too is rated highly and with government and media involvement with the citizens, it has to be a thriller. Going to put that in my netflix too.

I've seen The Good The Bad And The Ugly, and on IMDB, the moviegoes rated it 9 out of 10 stars. Your mention that your collection of movies is small..but you have some really good movies in it.

I only buy films I had seen earlier at the theater and really liked and have quite a few DVDs and when I get elderly, if my memory isn't good, I'll be able to watch them over and over again and they will all seem brand new to me...same with books. :)

Here is some of allegro non troppo. The first one is my favorite. The second and third link are part one and two of the same cartoon.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8Oc_J1Lu-o]Allegro non Troppo - Valse Triste - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhgOAR4Xq4Y]allegro non troppo 1 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-VD7d2I9Uo]allegro non troppo 2 - YouTube[/ame]

I have so many favorites! :) :) :)

The Kid, City Slickers 1 & 2, Lethal Weapon 1 & 2, Con Air, Snake Eyes, Gone In 60 Seconds, Face/Off, Phenomenon, John Q, Air Force One, The Fugitive, U.S. Marshals, Double Jeopardy, The Negotiator, Armageddon, and Frequency

The only way I will see a chick flick is if there is comedy in it. The only three that I like any are Step Mom, Runaway Bride and Where The Heart Is and my most favorite Christmas film is Ernest Saves Christmas, may Jim Varney rest in peace!

My most favorite films from my childhood are Little Big League, Angels In The Outfield, Rookie Of The Year, Baby's Day Out, The Little Rascals, and because I am a day one fan of them, every film that Mary-Kate & Ashley made. :) :) :)

God bless you and them always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. My five most favorite trilogies are The Karate Kid, Toy Story, The Santa Clause, Back To The Future, and The Mighty Ducks.

Last edited:
I'm watching The Boy In The Striped Pajamas (second time I have seen it) and it never fails to amuse and horrify me at the same time. Talk about emotions battling in my head and heart. The end...horrifying. But at the same time..wicked justice which caused the amusement...if that is the correct term for it. And it isn't but I can't think of another term to use.

Anyone here see it?

Forum List

Back