Movies that piss ya off.

Im like that with books too. Love the Anne Rice vamp/witch novels...but cant stand Anne Rice. She and I got into a big email fistifcuff with her telling me to not read her books and me telling her no worries about that cuz shes a well..I used the C word. Thats how pissed I was.

Im like that with books too. Love the Anne Rice vamp/witch novels...but cant stand Anne Rice. She and I got into a big email fistifcuff with her telling me to not read her books and me telling her no worries about that cuz shes a well..I used the C word. Thats how pissed I was.

I mostly try to ignore what entertainers are like as people, be it movies, tv, books or music. I don't care about them personally, I'm only concerned with them doing a good job in whatever medium they are involved. I wouldn't be surprised if I disliked many of my favorite authors, so I'm glad I don't know them. :)

Braveheart... I hate how it ends.

FREEDOM...!!!!!

That used to be my favorite movie. Now I can't watch anything with Mel Gibson.

:(

I hear ya. I cant watch movies that stars actors I cant stand. But..I like Mels movies so Ill keep watching them. Besides...Im a bit suspicious of whatsherfaces accusations.

that's not why i can't stand him. i have issues with anti-semites so don't really think i should be putting money into his pocket.

I hear ya. I cant watch movies that stars actors I cant stand. But..I like Mels movies so Ill keep watching them. Besides...Im a bit suspicious of whatsherfaces accusations.

that's not why i can't stand him. i have issues with anti-semites so don't really think i should be putting money into his pocket.

You realise that you might be watching movies with actors that are CLOSET Anti- Semites?

You should probably just stick to reading the torah...just to be safe.:razz:

My ex said horrible things to me when he was drunk. Horrible. His current best friend at the time (the bottle) ruled what came out of his mouth. Sober, he was amazed at what his friend told him to say via his vocal cords. I give Mel the same amount of tolerance. If he said it sober, then Id have issue.

Yeah, the same thing happened to me when I found out RuPaul wasn't really a girl.

1283946932_5a81e2392a262ec7b7bc61dc2430dd9e.jpeg

Can't say that I really hated any movie. I may have had issues with some of the character portrayals, premise the movie is based on, predictable plot changes, bad acting and especially Hollywood's penchant for historical license, etc, etc. For the most part though there were almost always elements or portrayals that I liked even though the movie itself was a dog because I realize for me movies are entertainment not true documentary social statements. I.e. I can put aside the bull shit message and generally enjoy the show.

You realise that you might be watching movies with actors that are CLOSET Anti- Semites?

ah.. but mel is the one that made it an issue. not me.

Can't say that I really hated any movie. I may have had issues with some of the character portrayals, premise the movie is based on, predictable plot changes, bad acting and especially Hollywood's penchant for historical license, etc, etc. For the most part though there were almost always elements or portrayals that I liked even though the movie itself was a dog because I realize for me movies are entertainment not true documentary social statements. I.e. I can put aside the bull shit message and generally enjoy the show.

Bullshit.

You probably loved Jodie Foster until you learned she was a Lesbo

Jodie_Foster14_108.jpg

I avoid all movies with black Jewish homosexuals.

My ex said horrible things to me when he was drunk. Horrible. His current best friend at the time (the bottle) ruled what came out of his mouth. Sober, he was amazed at what his friend told him to say via his vocal cords. I give Mel the same amount of tolerance. If he said it sober, then Id have issue.

i see where you're coming from. but i'm of a belief that people say what they really think when they're drunk and the inhibitions are shut down.

ah.. but mel is the one that made it an issue. not me.

So? For all you know, Jerry Seinfeld could be next!

:razz:

Bullshit.

Jodie_Foster14_108.jpg

Why would her being a lesbian bother me? Hell, I'm a lesbian in a mans body.

i see where you're coming from. but i'm of a belief that people say what they really think when they're drunk and the inhibitions are shut down.

I used to think that too. But then alanon taught me differently. The Best Friend In The Bottle takes control. Anything can come out of their mouths and the body holding the soul cringes because it cant stop the vocals. Kinda like tourettes syndrome. Do they honestly think whomever they are calling names that they mean it? Its loss of control while the mind screams with shame and horror.
Mel is in his own hell. He knows that. I wish him well. And Ill keep watching his movies. But I understand your point of view as well, Jillian.

Bullshit.

Jodie_Foster14_108.jpg

She is??

How about anti-Christians?

Have to think about this a bit.

• One that always manages to piss me off is An Inconvenient Truth.
  • 2010, that movie did everything wrong that 2001 got right.
  • Star Wars Special Edition - Han Shot First!
  • The Phantom Menace. I waited decades and got Jar Jar Binks. That pissed me off so much I still haven't watched Attack of the Clones or Revenge of the Sith.
  • Star Trek VI
  • Star Trek - Red matter, WTF?
  • Castaway
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alSQpinagp0]YouTube - Fedex - Cast Away Commercial[/ame]

Forum List

Back