Girls, Guns, and the Range

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
1. Pistol-packin’ PoliticalChic reporting! Yippee oh ki aaa! Ya' see, it’s not just about equal pay and equal rights: if you’re petite and have a taste for stilettos, you’re not going to have much luck fighting off a 6’2″ 200 lb attacker, should that situation arise. How to even the odds? John Lott makes a rock hard case as to why all women should have a gun. Generally, I found those of my sex a fear of guns, or perhaps having the potential to lethally harm someone seems incongruous to a woman’s “tender nature”.

2. “Guns also appear to be the great equalizer among the sexes. Murder rates decline when either more women or more men carry concealed handguns, but the effect is especially pronounced for women. One additional woman carrying a concealed handgun reduces the murder rate for women by about 3-4 times more than one additional man carrying a concealed handgun reduces the murder rate for men. This occurs because allowing a woman to defend herself with a concealed handgun produces a much larger change in her ability to defend herself than a change created by providing a man with a handgun.”~ "More Guns, Less Crime," by John Lott

3. Ah, but the times, they are a-changin’. With Sarah Palin rising as a political superstar, and the popularity of reality TV shows like “Son’s of Guns” and “Top Shot,” guns seem to have found a mainstream niche, and a growing one! Recently, there was even an article in the Village Voice entitled, “Guns For Girls Who Need Girlier Guns: A Review.” Had all these pink ‘girly guns’…I swear! Actually, I was a little bummed, because unless you’re a cop or a celebrity, no one’s getting a license to carry a concealed weapon in the Big Apple. Remember the jaw-dropping hypocrisy of gun-control advocate Rosie O’Donnell who applied for a concealed gun permit so her bodyguard could carry a gun while accompanying her children to public school?? Rosie's armed bodyguard

4. Websites like Girl’s Guide to Guns has lots of information on guns, particularly for women. One of their articles suggested a “Range Night Out with the Girls” as a get together, and so I thought this might be a good way to introduce the idea to my sis, who’s way to the other end of the political spectrum from me….LivingSocial offered us an amazing deal with West Side Rifle & Pistol Range, so we signed up for a shooting lesson with a classroom safety course, one-on-one supervision, a shooting session with ammo, protective gear, and targets! They had to conduct a background check on each of us before we could make our appointments! I did too, pass!!

5. The instructor looked like he had stepped out of an episode of Miami Ink, but he knew what he was doing and had the utmost patience with us. By the third magazine, I had gotten into a rhythm loading the bullets. I was getting more and more lead on my index finger and was observing same with child-like curiosity. Our weapons were Ruger .22 caliber rifles, and it wasn’t about knowing how to shoot, but shooting for accuracy. See the target? As Arnold said, ‘I’ll be baaaack.”

6. Let’s not forget, the 19th Amendment which gave women the right to vote wasn’t ratified till 1920, but the 2nd Amendment which was adopted in 1791 was meant for BOTH men and women. We should in no way let there be any infraction of the 2nd Amendment. Citizens should be invested in the same way that the founders meant it to be: With no restrictions.

195980_1976103888189_1410862224_2358478_1120794_n-1.jpg

christ on a cracker....

projecting penis envy loud enough for Mars to hear it PC

y'ain't got one

get over it.....

Do you have a handgun?

BTW, my wife is scared of guns. Nothing wrong with that. They should be feared. She carries a Taser instead.

I'm thinking of applying for a pistol permit, but here in the Big Apple-People's Republic, I could only get one for my premises.

That's a bummer. Too bad you're not a criminal because they can carry. Can you carry a taser?

I get caught with a pea-shooter and Mayor Nanny-Blumy ships me to Devil's Island!

nice groping.:lol:

If I were there, I'd get you a handgun and teach you to double tap..;)

I'm quite proud to say I can out shoot both my (USMC) brothers and my (Army) SO. And... I can do a real sweet double T, thank you very much. I'm armed and dangerous. :eusa_angel:

christ on a cracker....

projecting penis envy loud enough for Mars to hear it PC

y'ain't got one

get over it.....

"In a truly moral and civilized society, people exclusively interact through persuasion. Force has no place as a valid method of social interaction, and the only thing that removes force from the menu is the personal firearm, as paradoxical as it may sound to some.

When I carry a gun, you cannot deal with me by force. You have to use reason and try to persuade me, because I have a way to negate your threat or employment of force. The gun is the only personal weapon that puts a 100-pound woman on equal footing with a 220-pound mugger, a 75-year old retiree on equal footing with a 19-year old gangbanger, and a single gay guy on equal footing with a carload of drunk guys with baseball bats. The gun removes the disparity in physical strength, size, or numbers between a potential attacker and a defender.

When I carry a gun, I don’t do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I’m looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don’t carry it because I’m afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn’t limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation…and that’s why carrying a gun is a civilized act. "
why the gun is civilization. « the munchkin wrangler.

I'm thinking of applying for a pistol permit, but here in the Big Apple-People's Republic, I could only get one for my premises.

That's a bummer. Too bad you're not a criminal because they can carry. Can you carry a taser?

I get caught with a pea-shooter and Mayor Nanny-Blumy ships me to Devil's Island!

Raid, Wasp and Hornet spray. Even works better than a tazer or pepper spray. Gives you more distance and then you can walk up to them and kick em where it will do you the most good. They won't see you coming......

I have more than a little experience as a competitive pistol shooter, an NRA certified instructor, and a range safety officer. In my experience the adult woman, ages 18-25 is the best new shooting student out there. She is generally intelligent, focused, willing to listen and take direction, ready to take constructive criticism and learn from it, and just more prepared to truly LEARN than almost any other prospective new shooter out there. Her male counterparts are generally among the worst new students. They tend to think they already know everything, are unwilling to take direction or criticism, and just don't listen.

Just remember that those stilettos make fine lethal weapons, they can kill also, if you know how to use them.
I prefer my guns but also my keys and stilettos if you can't carry ( like N.Y.)

My wife is an excellent shot with a pistol. She doesn't do well with long guns because she has little shoulder strength but put a pistol in her hand and she is deadly.

Forum List

Back