Movies that could make a grown man cry

R

rdean

I see movies as "working actors" so while I enjoy the story, there are a few that have brought me to tears.

1. Old Yeller - anyone who has watched it knows why.

2. The Vow - a woman is in a car accident and loses her memory. Has no memory of her husband or any life past age 19. She ends up divorcing her husband. Eventually, she falls in love with him all over again and remarries him. At the end, they show the real couple the movie is based on. The women never regained her memory and they ended up having two kids. It was when they showed the "real couple" that it brought me tears.

3. The end of "It's a Wonderful Life", for obvious reasons.

Obviously, there is a theme here - "family". Because family is so important.

So what are some others? I'll probably end up watching them.

What? No "Dirty Dozen"?

What a fucken wimp.

You don't recognize a strong man who is also compassionate. You think if a man doesn't knock the shit out of you, he's soft. What you don't understand is a real man doesn't do that.

Green Mile- When they killed John Coffe

Good Will Hunting- When Robin Williams does his "Its not your fault"

gwh-02919-detail.jpg

Last edited:
What a fucken wimp.

You don't recognize a strong man who is also compassionate. You think if a man doesn't knock the shit out of you, he's soft. What you don't understand is a real man doesn't do that.

Tell me more about what I think, dweebie.

Fact is, no man on this planet would raise their hand to me and live to tell the tale. That's a strong woman for you. I just think anyone - male or female - who cries at a fucking movie is a wimp.

Moron.

You're kidding. That is just horrible, ham-handed crap. That whole movie is like some Jr High kid who think's he's being 'deep.' And Robin Williams' 'Boston Accent' makes me want to jam a screwdriver in my ears. And don't even get me started on 'The Creature with the Giant Head' love interest. Yikes.

Only movie scene that made a tear appear in my eye in my 48 years...
Still can't hardly watch it...

Last edited by a moderator:
Green Mile- When they killed John Coffe

gwh-02919-detail.jpg

Robin Williams' atrocious Boston accent was enough to make anyone from Massachusetts cry.
No movie has ever made me cry.

My most favorite singer James Otto was once asked this question: "What movies always makes you cry?"

His answer: Old Yeller. How can you not cry when a dog dies?

God bless you and him always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. James grew to be six feet and five inches and about 260 pounds. :) :) :)

Road House: When Dalton finds Wade dead on the bar.

:(

...when his old Mercedes

Forum List

Back