Movie about God

The ClayTaurus said:
Just out of curiousity, what caused you to become so anti-religious?

I'm not really anti-religious. The topic of religion truly fascinates me.

Of course it doesn't help that the damn Fundis over here are trying to make drink specials illegal. I guess I just want religion out of govt. as much as possible. Keep to yourself and believe what you want to believe. But don't try to make it mandatory for everyone else.

Powerman said:
I doubt most on here would care to see it. I might be interested to see what some of it has to say. I'm sure all of you will write it of as Farenheit911 Jesus edition but maybe you shouldn't.

http://www.thegodmovie.com/clip-Trailer.php

deadhorse.gif

:D

Powerman said:
I'm not really anti-religious. The topic of religion truly fascinates me.

Of course it doesn't help that the damn Fundis over here are trying to make drink specials illegal. I guess I just want religion out of govt. as much as possible. Keep to yourself and believe what you want to believe. But don't try to make it mandatory for everyone else.

You are citing a problem with religion...God..Christ...they want nothing to do with religion either. ;)

dmp said:
You are citing a problem with religion...God..Christ...they want nothing to do with religion either. ;)

You're probably right. If God exists and there is a judgement day there will be plenty religious ushered to the front of the line to go to hell. I have as good a chance of going to heaven as most people.

Powerman said:
You're probably right. If God exists and there is a judgement day there will be plenty religious ushered to the front of the line to go to hell. I have as good a chance of going to heaven as most people.

True - many will come before God and say "Lord! Didn't we heal the sick and cast out demons all in your name??" God will say "Depart from me, into everlasting fire prepared for the Devil and his angels, I never knew you."

But you have NO chance if you don't accept christ's sacrifice as payment for your sin.

Below is a song, taken from passages in Matthew, in the Bible...The writer is Keith Green.

The Sheep And The Goats

And when the Son Man comes, and all the Holy Angels with him,

Then shall he sit on His Glorious throne,

And he will divide the nations before Him,

As a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.

And she shall put the sheep on His right and the goats on His left,

And He shall say to the sheep; come ye, blessed of My Father,

inherit the Kingdom I have prepared for you from the foundation of the world,

For I was hungry, and you gave me something to eat,

I was thirsty, and you gave me something to drink,

I was naked, and you clothed me,

I was a stranger, and you invited me in,

I was sick, and I was in prison, and you came to me.

Thank you! Enter into your rest.

And they shall answer Him, yes, they shall answer Him,

And they'll say, Lord, when?

When were you hungry Lord, and we gave you something to eat?

Lord, when were you thirsty? I can't remember. And we gave you drink?

Huh, when were you naked Lord, and we clothed you?

And Lord, when were you a stranger and we invited you in?

I mean, we invited lots of people in Lord. I could never forget that face.

And Lord, when were you sick and we visited you?

Or in prison, and we came to you? Lord, tell us?

In as much as you did it to the least of my brethren, you've done it unto me.

Oh yes, as much as you've done it to the very least of my brethren,

you've done it, you've done it unto me. Enter into your rest.

Then He shall turn to those on His left, the goats.

Depart from me, you cursed ones, into everlasting fire,

prepared for the devil and his angels.

For I was hungry, and you gave me nothing to eat,

I was thirsty, and you gave me nothing to drink,

I was naked, out in the cold, in exposure, and you sent me away,

I was a stranger, and I knocked at your door,

But you didn't open, you told me to go away,

I was sick, racked in pain upon my bed,

And I begged, and prayed, and pleaded that you'd come, but you didn't,

I was in prison, and I rotted there,

I'd prayed that you'd come.

I heard your programs on the radio, I read your magazines, but you never came.

Depart from me!!!

Lord, there must be some mistake, when?

Lord, I mean, when were you hungry Lord and we didn't give you something to eat?

And Lord, when were you thirsty, and we didn't give you drink?

I mean, that's not fair, well, would you like something now?

Would one of the Angels like to go out and get the Lord a hamburger and a coke?

Oh, you're not hungry, yeah, I lost my appetite too.

Uh Lord uh, Lord, when were you naked,

I mean Lord, that's not fair either Lord,

We didn't know what size you wear.

Oh Lord, when were you a stranger Lord,

You weren't one of those creepy people who used to come to the door, were you?

Oh Lord, that wasn't our ministry Lord. We just didn't feel led, you know?

Lord, when were you sick? What did you have, anyway?

Well, at least it wasn't fatal; oh, it was?

I'm sorry Lord, I would have sent you a card.

Lord, just on last thing we want to know,

When were you in prison Lord? What were you in for anyway?

I had a friend in Leavenworth..

ENOUGH!

In as much as you've not done it unto the least of my brethren,

You've not done it unto me.

In as much as you've not done it unto the least of my brethren,

You've not done it unto me. Depart from Me.

And these shall go away into everlasting fire.

But the righteous into eternal life!

And my friends, the only difference between the sheep

and the goats, according to this scripture,

is what they did, and didn't do!!

dmp said:
True - many will come before God and say "Lord! Didn't we heal the sick and cast out demons all in your name??" God will say "Depart from me, into everlasting fire prepared for the Devil and his angels, I never knew you."

Yeah good luck with that

Hey just curious, do you live in the Seatlle area? I noticed you're a seahawks fan.

dmp said:
Okay then.
D, question for you.

So, you would agree that God would know if you say you believe in Him, and accept Him, but in your heart, you do not. Is it possible for the converse? Can you not say your believe in Him, or maybe just not acknolwedge or realize you accept or believe in Him, yet in your heart, you do?

The ClayTaurus said:
D, question for you.

So, you would agree that God would know if you say you believe in Him, and accept Him, but in your heart, you do not. Is it possible for the converse? Can you not say your believe in Him, or maybe just not acknolwedge or realize you accept or believe in Him, yet in your heart, you do?

I would answer the first question. For those who claim to believe "just in case" you wouldn't be able to fool God if he really was divine so you're screwed either way. If you don't truly believe in it there is no point in pretending you do.

The ClayTaurus said:
D, question for you.

I suppose so. I know the bible is filled with stories of those who had 'falling outs' of sorts with God, who reconciled within their hearts. David, King David was pretty much a bastard in his actions on occasion- yet was proclaimed by GOD as 'a man after my own heart'.

I know God is perfect and faithfull to his promises to us.

Having said that i believe IF somebody believes in Christ, and has a real relatoinship with Christ (Not just a church-goer, or a religious person), they won't be able to keep but from doing things which support that belief.

make any sense?

dmp said:
I suppose so. I know the bible is filled with stories of those who had 'falling outs' of sorts with God, who reconciled within their hearts. David, King David was pretty much a bastard in his actions on occasion- yet was proclaimed by GOD as 'a man after my own heart'.

I know God is perfect and faithfull to his promises to us.

Having said that i believe IF somebody believes in Christ, and has a real relatoinship with Christ (Not just a church-goer, or a religious person), they won't be able to keep but from doing things which support that belief.

make any sense?

I suppose.

Powerman said:
Wasn't David gay? Can gay people go to heaven?

Bible David? lol..No Way. Gay men don't typically lust after women, have their husbands killed, just so he can nail her.

;)

Gay people. If you mean those who practice, without repenting, homosexuality - I dunno...Doubtful? God will know what to do with those ppl who say they believe in God, yet willingly continue to sin.

No way? Well I don't know but it's certainly possible. Many believe that he was in fact bisexual.

http://www.bookclubs.ca/catalog/display.pperl?isbn=9780345435057&view=printqa

Q: Was David gay?

JK: The Bible plainly reports that men as well as women fell in love with David, and David describes his love for Jonathan, son of King Saul, in tender and even passionate terms: "Wonderful was thy love to me, passing the love of women." (2 Sam. 1:26) According to pious tradition, David is speaking of a pure and platonic love. More recently, however, some Bible scholars have been willing to wonder out loud whether the two men were more than just friends. Certainly some of their encounters with each other suggest an intimacy that may have gone beyond friendship, and sexual relations between men were hardly unusual in the ancient world. Of course, David was just as passionate about the women in his life, and he clearly engaged in a great many sexual relationships with women. Still, if we read with an open mind what the Bible actually says, we have to entertain the idea that David may have been bisexual.

Some other stuff on the issue. I don't have time to read all of it right now. But apparently there are some people who believe he was bi.

http://www.tektonics.org/gk/gaydavid.html

I can't say for sure but I think there might be some bliblical verse that says something to the effect of David looking at another man(perhaps Johathan) and "growing large." Thus implying that the man gave him an erection. I'll get back to this one later. :puke3:

Gay people. If you mean those who practice, without repenting, homosexuality - I dunno...Doubtful? God will know what to do with those ppl who say they believe in God, yet willingly continue to sin.

I suppose it might be important to know where homosexuality ranks as far as sins go on the sin hierarchy list if there is such a thing. I can promise you that there are very few people who were lucky enough to have their last sins forgiven and die at the moment between their last confession or repentence and before they committed their next sin. So unless hardly anyone makes it to heaven which is possible then I would say that practicing gays might have a good a chance as any so long as their sins aren't high on the sinometer.

Powerman said:
I suppose it might be important to know where homosexuality ranks as far as sins go on the sin hierarchy list if there is such a thing. I can promise you that there are very few people who were lucky enough to have their last sins forgiven and die at the moment between their last confession or repentence and before they committed their next sin. So unless hardly anyone makes it to heaven which is possible then I would say that practicing gays might have a good a chance as any so long as their sins aren't high on the sinometer.

There exists no heirarchy of sin in christianity except Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit - everything else is forgivable. God doesn't work on an 'a-HA! You told a lie, and didn't repent! now you're going to HELL!' When one accepts Christ, and makes sincere efforts to avoid sin - (repent, or to turn from sin)- we're seen as blameless in God's eyes.

dmp said:
There exists no heirarchy of sin in christianity except Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit - everything else is forgivable. God doesn't work on an 'a-HA! You told a lie, and didn't repent! now you're going to HELL!' When one accepts Christ, and makes sincere efforts to avoid sin - (repent, or to turn from sin)- we're seen as blameless in God's eyes.

OK so that tells me that this repentence is more about intent. So if you have someone who is certifiably insane and doesn't have the intent to do malicious things but for some reason can't stop himself from doing them then he is blameless? That would actually make some sense I suppose.

So what if this person just couldn't overcome their tendencies even if they wanted to? It would be no different than a man having premarital sex then right?

Forum List

Back