Movie about God

Powerman said:
OK so that tells me that this repentence is more about intent. So if you have someone who is certifiably insane and doesn't have the intent to do malicious things but for some reason can't stop himself from doing them then he is blameless? That would actually make some sense I suppose.

So what if this person just couldn't overcome their tendencies even if they wanted to? It would be no different than a man having premarital sex then right?

No - actually people CAN help themselves...see? God knows people's hearts. I default judgement of specific situations to God...but knowing that God knows our hearts and souls doesn't grant us freedom to proclaim our sins and encourage them (see: Priests/Pastors who are openly Gay).

Powerman said:
OK so that tells me that this repentence is more about intent. So if you have someone who is certifiably insane and doesn't have the intent to do malicious things but for some reason can't stop himself from doing them then he is blameless? That would actually make some sense I suppose.

So what if this person just couldn't overcome their tendencies even if they wanted to? It would be no different than a man having premarital sex then right?

as long as you feel guilty about it, ask for forgiveness and promise to never do it again...you are good to go....

actually if you had final call would you let that dude in?

But my theory should stand correct though right?

A gay man who has sex with a man is on the same sin level as a man who has premarital sex with a woman.

All other things equal of course.

Powerman said:

A gay man who has sex with a man is on the same sin level as a man who has premarital sex with a woman.

Same sub level? There are no sin levels. Homosexuality is a sin - same as lying or murder, or being a liberal. :)

The key to forgiveness is not just 'asking' it's 'repenting'. :)

Powerman said:

There's no such thing as a sin level. Any one sin carries the same punishment as any other, from the littlest white lie to the most depraved murder. This is why, unlike many fundamentalists, I don't believe that any person should be hated, for we are all sinners of the same degree.

"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23

In one sense, sin does have levels. In another, it doesnt.

ALL sin will equally seperate us from God.

But sin does have levels of how much damage it does. For example, I doubt you could compare the damage done to society for stealing a candy bar, to that which Stalin did to the millions of people he had murdered.

Thats why the punishments prescribed by God are different, depending on the level of the sin.

I also believe only the real cold hearted and arrogant will wind up in hell. I think most who dont believe now, will be given the opportunity to repent, and will kneel before Jesus and acknowledge him Lord and savior.

And PM, you are anti religous, you do hate religion, religous people and Christianity. You can deny it, but as ClayT noticed it, others have also.

Hagbard Celine said:
What if you just decide to never talk to God because you're embarrassed of him and you just live as hedonistically as possible?

I dunno, you tell me.

I think your question is non sensical.

Its similiar to the immovable rock and irresistable force. Those who ask the question think its so "cute",,,but in reality it is non sensical and stupid.

Its like asking, Does red taste good?

How much is loud?

LuvRPgrl said:
I dunno, you tell me.

I think your question is non sensical.

Its similiar to the immovable rock and irresistable force. Those who ask the question think its so "cute",,,but in reality it is non sensical and stupid.

Its like asking, Does red taste good?

How much is loud?
Yeah right, whatever Luvergirl. You're sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo smart. Do you even have a GED?

Forum List

Back