Move one stick to solve the problem.

I saw this snd tried to figure it out for two minutes. I left and played some chess in some advanced aggressive Tal-style blitz games (love his aggressive style), click back on this now and saw it immediately (I hope). Chess opens up the brain pathways. You take a match from one of the nines to turn it into a five. Use that match and place it as a 1 before the 4, so you now have 9+5=14. Right or no?

Take the vertical stick from the plus sign and place is diagonally across the equal sign. "9 minus 9 is not equal to 4".

Lol, that could be applied to every question then,.but smart idea.
Well that's the gag. The rules just say "make the equation correct". No requirement to change a number, just move one stick.

It's like the written test gag. You give a group of students a 100-question multiple choice test, and tell them it's a timed test. They will have 10 minutes to complete the test.

At the top of the page in small print it says: "read all of the questions before you begin filling in the answers"

You make the first page questions easy and obvious, and they get more complicated as they go. The very last question on the test says: "Now take your unmarked test to over to the table, and place it in the basket".

It's a multiple-choice test. Almost everyone will start filling in the easy questions as they start reading through the test, because they are worried about the time. When they get to last question, they find out they have already failed, lol. :auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back