Most people don't even know what a "Public Option" is.

Christ was pretty adamant that people leave governing to the politicians. He was also adamant that people, no matter how poor, put their faith in God and give whatever they have to the church, and in return, they would be cared for. Not by the church,but by God.

Christ also advised us to be good citizens and hard workers, as long as we weren't working against God in doing so. That means if you live in South Korea, or Afghanistan, you do your best to abide by the law...provided that law doesn't fly in the face of God's laws.
Anything else brought up regarding politics is just mere supposition. YOu can be a good Christian and legally contest changes in the government in this country. But the idea that Jesus would WANT us to pursue a certain political agenda is asinine. Jesus wanted us to focus on God, not on politics.

Jesus wanted us to heal the sick and help the poor.

Republicans want us to make money off the sick and ignore the poor.
yes, and he didnt steal from other to do it

he did it HIMSELF

and you are just fucking ignorant

A great example of how the left takes a phrase and re-creates it.

Personal responsibility means RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOURSELF.

Good grief.

Personal responsibility. It's self explanatory but is still beyond the comprehension of some.
aHHHHHHHHHHH, so that's it?

The 'Cain Syndrome' is what you all go by....

"I am NOT my brother's keeper"?

Care
if you are your brothers keeper, why do you seek the government to help him?

So, when you republicans or conservatives sit in a church every Sunday, are the people sitting next to you all republicans? Is your church a Politcal haven of Republicans? Or do you think there might be some Democratic Party members in your Church that might not mind doing good towards others IN ALL THAT THEY DO?

In all that Christ did and came for when he was here on earth, was done with the neediest. Not once did Christ spend his time teaching and healing the Wealthy.

My question is, why is it that YOU do not want to help anyone with your taxes?

you say Christ would be against it because it was Forced....so, WHY IS IT FORCED, in your own head? Is the Truth of the matter that YOU DON'T WANT TO HELP THE NEEDIEST with your tax monies and this is NOT about someone else?

the someone being forced is YOU....so the truth is that YOU do not WANT to help the neediest or a stranger....stop blaming it on others that may not want to give some of their taxes towards helping another...just admit it, it is YOU who is not your brother's keeper...in your your own heads...own up to it.'

I would rather be forced to help the needy with my taxes than be forced TO KILL OTHERS WITH IT, INNOCENT OTHERS WITH IT....

But heh, that's just me...you all...keep on keeping on with your little "forced" story and that's why it is wrong...

sheesh:eusa_whistle:

I don't think it should stop with the government...

do good in every opportunity and joyously.

So, when you republicans or conservatives sit in a church every Sunday, are the people sitting next to you all republicans? Is your church a Politcal haven of Republicans? Or do you think there might be some Democratic Party members in your Church that might not mind doing good towards others IN ALL THAT THEY DO?

In all that Christ did and came for when he was here on earth, was done with the neediest. Not once did Christ spend his time teaching and healing the Wealthy.

My question is, why is it that YOU do not want to help anyone with your taxes?

you say Christ would be against it because it was Forced....so, WHY IS IT FORCED, in your own head? Is the Truth of the matter that YOU DON'T WANT TO HELP THE NEEDIEST with your tax monies and this is NOT about someone else?

the someone being forced is YOU....so the truth is that YOU do not WANT to help the neediest or a stranger....stop blaming it on others that may not want to give some of their taxes towards helping another...just admit it, it is YOU who is not your brother's keeper...in your your own heads...own up to it.'

I would rather be forced to help the needy with my taxes than be forced TO KILL OTHERS WITH IT, INNOCENT OTHERS WITH IT....

But heh, that's just me...you all...keep on keeping on with your little "forced" story and that's why it is wrong...

sheesh:eusa_whistle:
weak, very weak

Do good in all that you do, in the name of the Lord. And even If you are slave, be a good slave...in the name of the Lord.

Personal responsibility. It's self explanatory but is still beyond the comprehension of some.
aHHHHHHHHHHH, so that's it?

The 'Cain Syndrome' is what you all go by....

"I am NOT my brother's keeper"?

Care
if you are your brothers keeper, why do you seek the government to help him?

Because, there are some of my brothers across the country that i can not reach....

The Church Charities fall very very very short in this country...they do the best job in helping the neediest, but they can't reach them all with their limited resources...

Shoot, OUR TAXES go towards Faith based Initiatives, so that we help fund these charities that help the neediest, but it still is not enough... Were you against the faith based initiatives and our taxes going towards these charities when the law was put in place under President Bush?

Also, We do not have a Caesar in this country...there is no King and there is no Emperor...we have a Republic of the people and by the people...that coin has our "father's" resemblance on it, not Caesar's Dive....

Last edited:
under Jesus's time the people were not only tithing to the religious leaders and whomever they could give to, they also were being taxed by the Romans, a HUGE AMOUNT in taxes and were complaining about it....and Jesus told them to give unto caesar, what is his....

Well, why was the coin in the Jewish man's hand that earned it, caesar's? Why did Christ tell them that?

under Jesus's time the people were not only tithing to the religious leaders and whomever they could give to, they also were being taxed by the Romans, a HUGE AMOUNT in taxes and were complaining about it....and Jesus told them to give unto caesar, what is his....

Well, why was the coin in the Jewish man's hand that earned it, caesar's? Why did Christ tell them that?
and none of those taxes took care of the needy
you just defeated your own POINT
Jesus wasnt telling them to pay taxes to take care of the poor
he told THEM to directly do it

care, just why do you think the founding fathers decided it wasnt just to tax the churches(religions)?

Last edited:

and none of those taxes took care of the needy
you just defeated your own POINT
Jesus wasnt telling them to pay taxes to take care of the poor
he told THEM to directly do it

care, just why do you think the founding fathers decided it wasnt just to tax the churches(religions)?

YOU could look at it that way... :razz:

They did not decide it was not right to tax the Churches...they decided it was not right to tax NONPROFITS, which a church happens to be one....all the money they make goes back in to the mission of the 'business', the church....not in to some share holders hands that pockets the profits.

They could NOT EVER write a law to protect only Churches from taxes, THAT would have been unconstitutional, breaking the 1st amendment because ''Congress shall make no law....yahdeedah''.....

At least that is my understanding of it....?

anyway, I totally understand not wanting to pay MORE in taxes than we already do...as a percentage of our income and I do understand the aspect of our government being just porkers in every manner that they can so they can get votes from folks back home or more money in their coffers of campaign funds and all the seemingly corruption that is out there....

And this needs addressing.

But NOT ALL THAT IS DONE by our government is BAD and some things that are just and right and good and non-corrupt actually happen as well.

I see it peculiar in the least that the ONLY TIME Christians on the right really cause a tizzy fit about their taxes is when they are being used to help the neediest among us...they are fine when it comes to subsidies to Oil Companies and PHARMA industry and Insurance companies, and fine with tax havens in bermuda where one 10,000 square foot building has 10,000 businesses of the us headquartered with just po boxes to avoid taxes, with huge huge farm subsidies to big agriculture, with the military industrial complex as corrupt as can be and as wasteful as can be possible....

YET there is a constant COMPLAINT from Christians on the right on this subject of caring for the neediest with some of we the people's money, very very little in comparison to the waste elsewhere within government???

WHY WHY WHY? Just does not make sense to me...AT ALL??????????

anyway, I totally understand not wanting to pay MORE in taxes than we already do...as a percentage of our income and I do understand the aspect of our government being just porkers in every manner that they can so they can get votes from folks back home or more money in their coffers of campaign funds and all the seemingly corruption that is out there....

But NOT ALL THAT IS DONE by our government is BAD and some things that are just and right and good and non-corrupt actually happen as well.

I see it peculiar in the least that the ONLY TIME Christians on the right really cause a tizzy fit about their taxes is when they are being used to help the neediest among us...they are fine when it comes to subsidies to Oil Companies and PHARMA industry and Insurance companies, and fine with tax havens in bermuda where one 10,000 square foot building has 10,000 businesses of the us headquartered with just po boxes to avoid taxes, with huge huge farm subsidies to big agriculture, with the military industrial complex as corrupt as can be and as wasteful as can be possible....

YET there is a constant COMPLAINT from Christians on the right on this subject of caring for the neediest with some of we the people's money, very very little in comparison to the waste elsewhere within government???

yeah, not everything is "bad", but how about we only let them do what is mandated in the constitution?

yeah, not everything is "bad", but how about we only let them do what is mandated in the constitution?

you know what, I am fine with that.....

But how about starting with ALL OF THE OTHER THINGS that they spend money on that is unconstitutional FIRST, before you start cutting off the general welfare of the neediest or sick which is minuscule in the big picture of WASTE and unconstitutional things....go for it! I'm there with ya.

you know what, I am fine with that.....

But how about starting with ALL OF THE OTHER THINGS that they spend money on that is unconstitutional FIRST, before you start cutting off the general welfare of the neediest or sick which is minuscule in the big picture of WASTE and unconstitutional things....go for it! I'm there with ya.
and just what did you think i was talking about?
you clearly have no idea what conservatism is about

Forum List

Back