Most people don't even know what a "Public Option" is.

Christ was pretty adamant that people leave governing to the politicians. He was also adamant that people, no matter how poor, put their faith in God and give whatever they have to the church, and in return, they would be cared for. Not by the church,but by God.

Christ also advised us to be good citizens and hard workers, as long as we weren't working against God in doing so. That means if you live in South Korea, or Afghanistan, you do your best to abide by the law...provided that law doesn't fly in the face of God's laws.
Anything else brought up regarding politics is just mere supposition. YOu can be a good Christian and legally contest changes in the government in this country. But the idea that Jesus would WANT us to pursue a certain political agenda is asinine. Jesus wanted us to focus on God, not on politics.

Jesus wanted us to heal the sick and help the poor.

Republicans want us to make money off the sick and ignore the poor.

and democrats want to keep the poor poor in order that the poor look to the democrats thus keeping all the richest in congress in power, the richest being the democrats.

Yes making money off the sick is sooooo bad, a doctor makes enough to pay for his home, his car, education for his children, sooooo bad.

and the evil hospitals profit so much they actually give to charity

lets not forget all the bad medicine companies who use that evil profit made off the sick to advance research thus the bad medical industry can profit even more from the sick.

so so bad.

Christians give more to the poor to any other group in history.

There is not one Christian that would turn a poor person away if that person asked for something to eat.

I help poor people on a regular basis, I send money to a family in Piaui.

Most the jobs poor people get are jobs created by Capitalism and Christians.

Matthew 6:2-4 " So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.”
Matthew 6:24 "No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money."

So whats your point, I did not just give to the needy and announce it, this passage of the bilbe has no purpose in this thread, you think this passage is yours to be used as a sword.

not hardly.

Fact is its the Christians saving the poor, no one else, and there is nothing wrong with pointing this out.

Pointing out that Christians help the poor actually is perfectly in accordance with the bible, after all it provides for the greater good of the lord. Hell if it opens the eyes of one person thus that person gives or helps Christians than I have helped a child, and those who help the children are blessed by the lord.

Look up that quote and get back to us.

Fact is its the Christians saving the poor, no one else, and there is nothing wrong with pointing this out.

ROFL!! If that statement were true then Christians would be all for a public option and killing the corrupt insurance companies..

Sadly it isn't true and everyone knows it.. Well.. Everyone with a brain..

ROFL!! If that statement were true then Christians would be all for a public option and killing the corrupt insurance companies..

wrong, Christians dont expect the government to do what was commanded of THEM

Wrong again.. Why don't Christians do it then?? Don't make me go biblical.. I will brow beat you with the bible and educate you with scripture..

Christians for the most part DO NOT help the homeless or the sick.. Other than donating to their church, they are the demographic that donates the least to other charities.. You can look that one up yourself..

I know Christians are commanded to help the needy.. They simply don't do it.. Healthcare would be a great way to do it.. I am sure Christ would vote for public health care.. Why won't you?

Wrong again.. Why don't Christians do it then?? Don't make me go biblical.. I will brow beat you with the bible and educate you with scripture..

Christians for the most part DO NOT help the homeless or the sick.. Other than donating to their church, they are the demographic that donates the least to other charities.. You can look that one up yourself..

I know Christians are commanded to help the needy.. They simply don't do it.. Healthcare would be a great way to do it.. I am sure Christ would vote for public health care.. Why won't you?
go for it asshole
:lol:
i challenge you

and NO Jesus would NOT go for public healthcare
he would HEAL them himself

So you are denying that Christ was for helping people?? Even in your own post you make the arguement for the pulic option and you don't even know it.. But Christs message was to help those in need.. Care for the young andf the sick.. Are you denying that? On those terms Christ would vote for the public option.. He most certianly would not support the current system we have now..

Please do not send me a private message again.. It is bad enough to see your limited vocabulary here, I don't need you poluting my PM box with your drivle and sad attempts at the english language.. I do consider it harrassment and will report you..

So you are denying that Christ was for helping people?? Even in your own post you make the arguement for the pulic option and you don't even know it.. But Christs message was to help those in need.. Care for the young andf the sick.. Are you denying that? On those terms Christ would vote for the public option.. He most certianly would not support the current system we have now..

Please do not send me a private message again.. It is bad enough to see your limited vocabulary here, I don't need you poluting my PM box with your drivle and sad attempts at the english language.. I do consider it harrassment and will report you..
show me one scripture where Jesus said to have Caesar take from someone to help the poor

and fuckface, go ahead and be a pussy and report me

Christ was pretty adamant that people leave governing to the politicians. He was also adamant that people, no matter how poor, put their faith in God and give whatever they have to the church, and in return, they would be cared for. Not by the church,but by God.

Christ also advised us to be good citizens and hard workers, as long as we weren't working against God in doing so. That means if you live in South Korea, or Afghanistan, you do your best to abide by the law...provided that law doesn't fly in the face of God's laws.
Anything else brought up regarding politics is just mere supposition. YOu can be a good Christian and legally contest changes in the government in this country. But the idea that Jesus would WANT us to pursue a certain political agenda is asinine. Jesus wanted us to focus on God, not on politics.

Jesus wanted us to heal the sick and help the poor.

Republicans want us to make money off the sick and ignore the poor.

and democrats want to keep the poor poor in order that the poor look to the democrats thus keeping all the richest in congress in power, the richest being the democrats.

Yes making money off the sick is sooooo bad, a doctor makes enough to pay for his home, his car, education for his children, sooooo bad.

and the evil hospitals profit so much they actually give to charity

lets not forget all the bad medicine companies who use that evil profit made off the sick to advance research thus the bad medical industry can profit even more from the sick.

so so bad.

What exactly does it mean when you say this republican jargon that Democrats just want to keep the poor poor?

Why? What would be their benefit...?

Are the poor too stupid to recognize who is trying to help them...Dems vs reubs and just don't recognize that it is truly the repubs that want to help them?

Do most of the poor vote? 40% of the people on welfare ARE CHILDREN...so we know they don't vote...

show me one scripture where Jesus said to have Caesar take from someone to help the poor

Show me one instance where Christ said that the gvt of the people should not try to help out the needy. Just ONE INSTANCE. ;)

Show me one instance where Christ said that the gvt of the people should not try to help out the needy. Just ONE INSTANCE. ;)
no, thats not how it works
you have to show where he said to do it
the Old Testament was full of the don'ts the NEW is full of the DO'S

Do Good in Every Opportunity...would be the first thing that comes to mind...

Christ's entire ministry was to the poor, and you are asking me to show you something?

Christ came in to Jeruselum on a Donkey, not as a king with jewels, FOR THE POOR....

NOT ONCE did HE ever tell us to do good in all that we do and help the needy whenever we see them in need, EXCEPT you can be evil and ignore them when it comes to your government...

There is room for both Dive....there is not enough Charity out there to help all of those in need....not even close.

Ideally we get the economy going and the poor will become less poor and move up with the rest....not happening now and it has never been regulated in a manner that protects the least among us...but the most wealthiest among us....new bankruptcy laws are a good example of that...

That's how I view it..

Christ's entire ministry was to the poor, and you are asking me to show you something?

Christ came in to Jeruselum on a Donkey, not as a king with jewels, FOR THE POOR....

NOT ONCE did HE ever tell us to do good in all that we do and help the needy whenever we see them in need, EXCEPT you can be evil and ignore them when it comes to your government...

There is room for both Dive....there is not enough Charity out there to help all of those in need....not even close.

Ideally we get the economy going and the poor will become less poor and move up with the rest....not happening now and it has never been regulated in a manner that protects the least among us...but the most wealthiest among us....new bankruptcy laws are a good example of that...

That's how I view it..
and was he talking about the government, or the individual Christian?

and didnt he also say "the poor will be with you always"?

Corporate Greed and the Religion of Wealth: In the temple courts [Jesus] found men selling cattle, sheep and doves and other
sitting at tables exchanging money. So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle;
he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. [John 2:14 & 15.] Watch out! Be on your guard against
all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions. [Luke 12.15.] Truly, I say unto you, it will
be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. [Matthew 19:23] You cannot serve both God and Money. [Matthew 6:24.]

Equality & Social Programs: But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed,
because they cannot repay you. You will be repaid at the resurrection of the just. [Luke 14:13 &14.]

Public Prayer & Displays of Faith: And when thou pray, thou shall not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in
the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
But thou, when thou pray, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret…
[Matthew 6:6 & 7]

Wow, even one against going to church? Imagine that!

Consider yourself brow beat and schooled!

Last edited:
Corporate Greed and the Religion of Wealth: In the temple courts [Jesus] found men selling cattle, sheep and doves and other
sitting at tables exchanging money. So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle;
he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. [John 2:14 & 15.] Watch out! Be on your guard against
all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions. [Luke 12.15.] Truly, I say unto you, it will
be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. [Matthew 19:23] You cannot serve both God and Money. [Matthew 6:24.]

Equality & Social Programs: But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed,
because they cannot repay you. You will be repaid at the resurrection of the just. [Luke 14:13 &14.]

Public Prayer & Displays of Faith: And when thou pray, thou shall not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in
the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
But thou, when thou pray, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret…

dream on asswipe

none of that says to have the GOVERNMENT DO IT

dream on asswipe

Actually it does.. Your shallow thinking prevents you from understanding that..

What you are missing is the philosophy of Christ and why can't we incoperate his views and values into our government?? There wasn't much of a government to speak of during the time of Christ.. Just the Roman empire, if you can call them a government.. But the bible and Christ gave us set of core values.. And there is nothing wrong with having the government help out the poor and sick just like Christ did.. What would you rather do?? Have the poor over for dinner night after night or let the government feed them with a portion of your tax dollars?? If you choose to have the poor come to your house then please post your address here in the net so that I can pass it out to all the poor and homeless in your state and tell them you want to do the Christian thing and feed them for free..

Me personally?? Let the government feed them and give them healthcare.. At least I can feel good that my tax dollars are helping someone in need just like Christ did..

dream on asswipe

What you are missing is the philosophy of Christ and why can't we incoperate his views and values into our government?? There wasn't much of a government to speak of during the time of Christ.. Just the Roman empire, if you can call them a government.. But the bible and Christ gave us set of core values.. And there is nothing wrong with having the government help out the poor and sick just like Christ did.. What would you rather do?? Have the poor over for dinner night after night or let the government feed them with a portion of your tax dollars?? If you choose to have the poor come to your house then please post your address here in the net so that I can pass it out to all the poor and homeless in your state and tell them you want to do the Christian thing and feed them for free..

Me personally?? Let the government feed them and give them healthcare.. At least I can feel good that my tax dollars are helping someone in need just like Christ did..
you just want to have someone else be forced to do what YOU were commanded to do

and the pesky 1st amendment kinda gets in the way of that, ya know

you just want to have someone else be forced to do what YOU were commanded to do

Actually.. I wasn't commanded to do anything.. I am not a christian.. But I do think that a public option is the right thing to do..

Either that or some stiff regulations against the insurance companies.. But I think a public option will accomplish all that quite well without hashing out some long list of regulations..

As for the first amendment? Well?? I don't see how that applies.. I don't view the health issue as being a religious one.. I just find it odd that Christians are against it when the bible is for it..

dream on asswipe

Taking care of the neediest is not religious per say...there is no Gospel in doing it and in NO WAY, SHAPE OR FORM, would doing such, conflict with the first Amendment and you KNOW IT. ;)

That's how I view it..
and was he talking about the government, or the individual Christian?

and didnt he also say "the poor will be with you always"?

Bingo, that quote has everything to do with the presence of Jesus Christ with the apostles at that particular time and nothing to do with your silly inference.

If you deny the poor, Bingo, you deny the Christ.

True story.

Forum List

Back