Most famous Austrian of all time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adolph Hitler

Why is this, do you suppose? We Americans have some shitty peeps in our history but the good ones surpass the bad ones.

I posit that the Austrians as a group still identify with Adolph's mindset.

Now I could be generalizing based on what Austrians post at USMB. But that doesn't make me wrong.

Why can't Austrians produce a better person than Hitler?
they have......
Joseph Haydn
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Franz Schubert
Johann Strauss, Jr....and last but not least
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Um, ahnold?
yea he is Austrian....

Adolph Hitler

Why is this, do you suppose? We Americans have some shitty peeps in our history but the good ones surpass the bad ones.

Now I could be generalizing based on what Austrians post at USMB. But that doesn't make me wrong.

they have......
Joseph Haydn
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Franz Schubert
Arnold Schwarzenegger

Ach, Harry, you were doing so well until the end....
i think most people would consider arnold a better person than hitler....

Adolph Hitler

they have......
Joseph Haydn
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Franz Schubert
Arnold Schwarzenegger

I thought the topic was "most famous"?

I see where the quote says "Why can't Austrians "produce" a better person than Hitler?" but I've already run that one through the crusher.

Adolph Hitler

they have......
Joseph Haydn
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Franz Schubert
Arnold Schwarzenegger

Yeah. True enough. But he's not Mozart.

Adolph Hitler

they have......
Joseph Haydn
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Franz Schubert
Arnold Schwarzenegger

I thought the topic was "most famous"?

I see where the quote says "Why can't Austrians "produce" a better person than Hitler?" but I've already run that one through the crusher.
i answered Ravis question....."Why can't Austrians produce a better person than Hitler?".....

Huh...

My first thought was Mozart...

As for Austrians better than Hitler...

Wolfgang Puck

Franz Schubert

Otto Preminger

Ferdinand Porsche

Hedy Lamarr

Gregor Mendel

Beethoven

Christian Doppler

Johann Strauss

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Erwin Schrödinger

The list goes on...

And on...

And on...
Beethoven was German Mick....

Adolph Hitler

they have......
Joseph Haydn
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Franz Schubert
Arnold Schwarzenegger

Yeah. True enough. But he's not Mozart.
neither was Hitler....his favorite composer by the way was Richard Wagner,a German

Shame someone like that overshadows the likes of Hedy Lamarr, Otto Preminger, Ferdinand Porsche, Haydn, Beethoven, Strauss, Handel, Brahms and Mozart
Beethoven,Handel and Brahms were German

Beethoven's a Dutch name.
Just sayin'.
And technically he was born in the "Holy Roman Empire", which I believe included what is now Austria, though the city where was born is today in western Germany.

Anyway anybody with an interest in history knows the boundaries of what are today "Germany" and "Austria' have been very different in the past, so what one means my "German" or "Austrian" is a bit of a sticky wicket.

Nicht wahr?

Last edited:
Huh...

My first thought was Mozart...

As for Austrians better than Hitler...

Wolfgang Puck

Franz Schubert

Otto Preminger

Ferdinand Porsche

Hedy Lamarr

Gregor Mendel

Beethoven

Christian Doppler

Johann Strauss

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Erwin Schrödinger

The list goes on...

And on...

And on...
Beethoven was German Mick....

I should have known that, I was reading from a list...

Biography(.com) has listed as a "Famous Austrian..." Maybe because he died in Vienna?

Adolph Hitler

Who could you be aiming at I wonder?
No one in particular though I do admit reading things here made me wonder why Austrians produced such a monster.
a little known fact outside of austria is that the first victim of the nazis was actually adolf hitler, then came the rest of the Austrians, like amon göth, arthur seyss-inquart, ernst kaltenbrunner, aribert heim

Shame someone like that overshadows the likes of Hedy Lamarr, Otto Preminger, Ferdinand Porsche, Haydn, Beethoven, Strauss, Handel, Brahms and Mozart

Beethoven's a Dutch name.
Just sayin'.
And technically he was born in the "Holy Roman Empire", which I believe included what is now Austria, though the city where was born is today in western Germany.

Anyway anybody with an interest in history knows the boundaries of what are today "Germany" and "Austria' have been very different in the past, so what one means my "German" or "Austrian" is a bit of a sticky wicket.

Nicht wahr?
he was born in the city of bonn.....and everything i have ever read about Beethovan,and i have read a lot....said he is German....never Austrian....

http://www.biography.com/people/groups/Austrian

That site lists them as Austrian
Handel was born in Halle Germany but spent a great deal of time in London.......Brahms was born in Hamburg but spent a lot of his life in Vienna....

http://www.biography.com/people/groups/Austrian

That site lists them as Austrian
Handel was born in Halle Germany but spent a great deal of time in London.......Brahms was born in Hamburg but spent a lot of his life in Vienna....

Tell Biography.com they're wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back