Most fake news is from the right wing

Most of the fake news shared on social media is coming from right-wing conservatives, an Oxford study has found

"
LIBERALS DON’T SHARE OR BELIEVE FAKE NEWS AS MUCH AS RIGHT-WINGERS, STUDY FINDS"

Yep, they're more likely to share and believe fake news. No one should be surprised at this.

For the people who do not understand how the fake news spread and is still spreading..

Fake Russian websites popped up and linked to millions of fake news bots during the 2016 election..

This fake stories spread across social media, many landing here..when you clicked on the link it looked like a true story..

Everytime that you typed in google a word, you would be directed to these fake news sites

Fk-ng Trump doesn't mention the dangers of the Russians hacking us , but instead he does a dumbass fake news award show..
This man is as dumb as a doorknob..

You just described PROPAGHANDA not news.

It seems it is you who does not understand what fake news is.

This is factual ... not conspiracy, not propaganda ..It is FACT Gramps.. Go look it up..very very important..

Go read what Twitter has reported on this. below are a few I provided..if you don't understand I can help you or send you in the direction to find the answer.

Russian Bots retweeted 470000 times

Russian bots retweeted Trump 470,000 times in election run-up

Twitter: 677K+ U.S. Users Engaged With Fake Russian Accounts

Twitter is not news dummy. You are referencing PROPAGHANDA on social media.

SOCIAL MEDIA IS NOT NEWS

Come on Gramps, you are a smart guy..go read up on it .. We are so used to conspiracy theories and Trump not calling this what it is, so many still do not know or understand how bad this was..

Again...what happened was millions of bots picked up the fake news and spread it across the internet, and we saw it on here too as legit news..

You don't do twitter so I can understand your not knowing what kind of impact it had and still doesn't have on Americans.

And yes, news stories break all of the time from top news sources. on twitter..this is where most news stories break.

but twitter itself is *not* news.
and MILLIONS of bots only retweeted 470k times? i'd want a bot refund.

so i guess you didn't read the certificate you put up here.

where exactly is "honolululu"
was his middle name really "yomama"?
island of birth was africa?

wow. in looking maybe this is real. thanks for clarifying things for me.
LOL

Fair enough, I didn’t catch that. For a moment, I thought you were a birther.
too apathetic to care. all these sideshows are just blocking people from the reals issues both parties face. the whole RUSSIA thing to me is just as stupid as the birther stuff. if obama found a way to get past our entire review system and NOT be born in the country, congrats. let's find out how and fix it. but i find it hard to believe the vetting would have missed anything to begin with.

Why do you consider Russia's attempts to interfere in our election to be 'stupid'?

And why didn't you acknowledge my post where you lied your ass off stating every past president released his tax returns??.

he misspoke while replying quickly is what it looks like to me - far from lying his ass off. it was pretty easy for me to google past actions and see it went back to ford. no idea before ford but it's not unreasonable to say what he did, even if technically wrong. he corrected, move on.

Bull shit ... I had to catch the him for trying to get away with it , everyone knows the IRS was started in 1862 and the federal income tax didn't even start till 1913.

Most of the fake news shared on social media is coming from right-wing conservatives, an Oxford study has found

"
LIBERALS DON’T SHARE OR BELIEVE FAKE NEWS AS MUCH AS RIGHT-WINGERS, STUDY FINDS"

Yep, they're more likely to share and believe fake news. No one should be surprised at this.

For the people who do not understand how the fake news spread and is still spreading..

Fake Russian websites popped up and linked to millions of fake news bots during the 2016 election..

This fake stories spread across social media, many landing here..when you clicked on the link it looked like a true story..

Everytime that you typed in google a word, you would be directed to these fake news sites

Fk-ng Trump doesn't mention the dangers of the Russians hacking us , but instead he does a dumbass fake news award show..

This is factual ... not conspiracy, not propaganda ..It is FACT Gramps.. Go look it up..very very important..

Go read what Twitter has reported on this. below are a few I provided..if you don't understand I can help you or send you in the direction to find the answer.

SOCIAL MEDIA IS NOT NEWS

Come on Gramps, you are a smart guy..go read up on it .. We are so used to conspiracy theories and Trump not calling this what it is, so many still do not know or understand how bad this was..

Again...what happened was millions of bots picked up the fake news and spread it across the internet, and we saw it on here too as legit news..

You don't do twitter so I can understand your not knowing what kind of impact it had and still doesn't have on Americans.

And yes, news stories break all of the time from top news sources. on twitter..this is where most news stories break.

Read up on what? Where do I find an article about YOU being gullible and believing social media = news?

LOL

too apathetic to care. all these sideshows are just blocking people from the reals issues both parties face. the whole RUSSIA thing to me is just as stupid as the birther stuff. if obama found a way to get past our entire review system and NOT be born in the country, congrats. let's find out how and fix it. but i find it hard to believe the vetting would have missed anything to begin with.

Why do you consider Russia's attempts to interfere in our election to be 'stupid'?

And why didn't you acknowledge my post where you lied your ass off stating every past president released his tax returns??.

he misspoke while replying quickly is what it looks like to me - far from lying his ass off. it was pretty easy for me to google past actions and see it went back to ford. no idea before ford but it's not unreasonable to say what he did, even if technically wrong. he corrected, move on.

Bull shit ... I had to catch the him for trying to get away with it , everyone knows the IRS was started in 1862 and the federal income tax didn't even start till 1913.

whatever. just seems you're looking for a fight, not a conversation.

have fun.

SOCIAL MEDIA IS NOT NEWS

Well, you have to think of those re-tweets being retweeted again many times, as it spreads across Twitter..as well as brought forward into thousands of websites, blogs..ect.

And I know Twitter is not a news source, but as I said before many breaking news stories break on Twitter..Via nbc, fox, cnn, abc The Hill, and so on.

SOCIAL MEDIA IS NOT NEWS

Well, you have to think of those re-tweets being retweeted again many times, as it spreads across Twitter..as well as brought forward into thousands of websites, blogs..ect.

And I know Twitter is not a news source, but as I said before many breaking news stories break on Twitter..Via nbc, fox, cnn, abc The Hill, and so on.
again - i'm going by your numbers and postings in here - YOU SAID millions are re-tweeting and the ONLY place people go on searches are fake russian sites.

the math does not add up. been saying that for awhile so regardless of how you think this is going, you're all over the place with your #'s which is why no one will take you seriously.

millions of bots retweet 470k times. that's 1/4 a tweet per bot which is pretty impossible.

SOCIAL MEDIA IS NOT NEWS

Read up on what? Where do I find an article about YOU being gullible and believing social media = news?

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson sounded an alarm this week: The Russians are already meddling in the 2018 midterm
elections.

Hamilton 68 is a project that has been tracking Russian influence networks on Twitter for more than six months, watching as Kremlin-linked bots and social media amplifiers seek to inject themselves into national controversies, like #ReleaseTheMemo, the Charlottesville white nationalist rally and the NFL kneeling controversy.

Bots are automated accounts that repeatedly churn out tweets. They can be used to support a narrative or retweet other messages to falsely amplify a message.

Tracking Shows Russian Meddling Efforts Evolving Ahead Of 2018 Midterms

SOCIAL MEDIA IS NOT NEWS

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson sounded an alarm this week: The Russians are already meddling in the 2018 midterm
elections.

Hamilton 68 is a project that has been tracking Russian influence networks on Twitter for more than six months, watching as Kremlin-linked bots and social media amplifiers seek to inject themselves into national controversies, like #ReleaseTheMemo, the Charlottesville white nationalist rally and the NFL kneeling controversy.

Bots are automated accounts that repeatedly churn out tweets. They can be used to support a narrative or retweet other messages to falsely amplify a message.

Tracking Shows Russian Meddling Efforts Evolving Ahead Of 2018 Midterms

and russian bots have only a 25% success rate in their tweets it would seem.

SOCIAL MEDIA IS NOT NEWS

again - i'm going by your numbers and postings in here - YOU SAID millions are re-tweeting and the ONLY place people go on searches are fake russian sites.

the math does not add up. been saying that for awhile so regardless of how you think this is going, you're all over the place with your #'s which is why no one will take you seriously.

millions of bots retweet 470k times. that's 1/4 a tweet per bot which is pretty impossible.

Fake Russian accounts on Twitter who also had fake websites looking legit, spread thousands of fake news bots linking back to their fake webpage looking like a real news outlet.

Again those bots don't stop there, they continue on to websites and blogs, onto facebook , emails...people talk about it thinking it was real news..

"

right wing fantasy, is usually all the right wing has.

Says the retard that thinks a national $15 dollar minimum wage will do anything except cause trickle up poor.I
Social services cost around fourteen dollars an hour, anyway. Why subsidize, lousy capitalists.

SOCIAL MEDIA IS NOT NEWS

Fake Russian accounts on Twitter who also had fake websites looking legit, spread thousands of fake news bots linking back to their fake webpage looking like a real news outlet.

Again those bots don't stop there, they continue on to websites and blogs, onto facebook , emails...people talk about it thinking it was real news..
your math is off and your logic is ... questionable at best. you said earlier on when if i put certain words in i'd ONLY be sent to russian sites. i call bullshit. i'm given a list of sites i can pick from. and what will a bot do on my website? most people who run websites guard from spam heavily and don't really allow bots to gain access.

and how did a bot get in my e-mail again?

you seem to operate in a panic mode and get pissed at people asking you to calm down and think this through.

your math is off and your logic is ... questionable at best. you said earlier on when if i put certain words in i'd ONLY be sent to russian sites. i call bullshit. i'm given a list of sites i can pick from. and what will a bot do on my website? most people who run websites guard from spam heavily and don't really allow bots to gain access.

you seem to operate in a panic mode and get pissed at people asking you to calm down and think this through.

You seem that you have me figured out..lol

Here is one way of the search engines redirecting you..

Target People Searching Racist Phrases

Google, the world's biggest advertising platform, allows advertisers to specifically target ads to people typing racist and bigoted terms into its search bar, BuzzFeed News has discovered. Not only that, Google will suggest additional racist and bigoted terms once you type some into its ad-buying tool.

Type "White people ruin," as a potential advertising keyword into Google's ad platform, and Google will suggest you run ads next to searches including "black people ruin neighborhoods." Type "Why do Jews ruin everything," and Google will suggest you run ads next to searches including "the evil jew" and "jewish control of banks."

.Google Allowed Advertisers To Target "Jewish Parasite," "Black People Ruin Everything"

Google, the world's biggest advertising platform, allows advertisers to specifically target ads to people typing racist and bigoted terms into its search bar, BuzzFeed News has discovered. Not only that, Google will suggest additional racist and bigoted terms once you type some into its ad-buying tool.

Type "White people ruin," as a potential advertising keyword into Google's ad platform, and Google will suggest you run ads next to searches including "black people ruin neighborhoods." Type "Why do Jews ruin everything," and Google will suggest you run ads next to searches including "the evil jew" and "jewish control of banks."

.Google Allowed Advertisers To Target "Jewish Parasite," "Black People Ruin Everything"
There is not enough tinfoil in Wal-Mart to cover your paranoia

Fine Gramps..this is eventually going to be common knowledge, I was just asked out to Google yesterday for a paid user study , they keep having me back because I do have some understanding.

and what does any of this have to do with your stating:

Most fake news is from the right wing

in which you said:

----------

again "everytime" is sheer fake news panic bullshit.

you like to maximize things to the extreme value which in turn makes it "fake" because it's not based in truth. i can google some stuff in, for example, and maybe some fakes site are mixed in the results but not all of them and certainly not EVERY TIME as you say.

but again - you only things in extremes so there ya go.

have a nice day.

and that's what i've been trying to say - she's in a panic mode and making mountains out of molehills and being extreme to fit her panic mode but reality - it just doesn't add up to her panic numbers.

First of all- there is nothing in the Constitution that requires Birther idiocy.

The Constitution requires that the President be a natural born citizen- which every President has been. The Constitution doesn't require that the President prove this but we have assumed that every President prior to Obama was a natural born citizen.

President Obama was the first President to provide actual legal proof that he was a natural born citizen.

And yes- Trump's Birtherism was fake news- and I am glad to point out again that for 5 years Trump was another idiot Birther lying about Obama and generating 'fake news'

View attachment 175637

View attachment 175638

View attachment 175639
View attachment 175640

The Constitution doesn't require that the President prove this but we have assumed that every President prior to Obama was a natural born citizen.

What the fuck do you mean it's not required to prove it?

Of course it is you idiot.

God damn every American working for some one has to provide two forms of ID as proof to say your an American citizens asshole

Fine then- show me where in the Constitution it says that a Presidential candidate must prove he is a natural born citizen.

Then show me any President prior to President Obama that proved he was a natural born citizen- as you claim the Constitution requires.

What are they just going to write it in the constitution and not require proof?.

Maybe you should read the Constitution and see what it says.

If proof was required- how come no one other than Obama and Trump have provided it?

How so you know they didnt? They get a pay check right?

Once again have you ever worked a day in your life?]

I have been working since I was 14 years old.

But I haven't been the President. And President's aren't required to show any ID at all- if you don't believe me- read the Constitution.

If you aren't clear of the difference between being employed- and being the President of the United States....well I doubt I can help you.

What the hell is the big deal about proving your a damn US citizen anyways?

I have been having to do it the past 36 years, every time I switched jobs

You don't have to prove you are a U.S. citizen to be employed. Only that you are legally allowed to work in the United States.

The President however, not only has to be a U.S. citizen- but a 'natural born citizen' of the United States.

And President Obama was the first President in American history to actually provide proof that he was a natural born citizen.

LOL

about as stupid as our efforts to interfere with other countries elections.

this isn't something new. we've been doing this to each other ever since there's been an "each other" to do it to.
obama knew of the hacking attempts prior to losing the election, yet it only came out AFTER the election.
and now we find hillary getting millions of $$$ from russia - *while* she was SoS. that doesn't bother you?

if it's proven out trump broke laws, great. lock his happy ass up with the rest of 'em. but so far all the "evidence" of collusion is falling apart as DNC created hype. i'm ok with waiting til the show is over however and when the smoke clears, just put the guilty people on alcatraz and forget they are there.

Hillary didn't get millions of dollars from Russia while she was Secretary of State- you are just swallowing the GOP propaganda. IF she was- well then she deserves to be thrown in jail.

I truly hope that Trump and his campaign did not collude with Russia- if it comes out that he did, it will tear this country apart. The only thing worse would be if he did collude- and Muehler is prevented from proving it.

I am in favor of Robert Muehler finishing his investigation- hopefully it will prove that Trump never colluded with the Russians and we can move on.

But remember his investigation was about Russia's attempts to interfere in our election- and the GOP has been desperately trying to divert attention from Russia's attempt to corrupt our election system. I do hope that Muehler's final report provides proof of Russia's campaign so that the GOP can't continue to pretend it didn't happen.
we can all pretend the things we don't like never happened, but as we're seeing more and more txt messages come out, it doesn't look good. like i've said before, i'll wait for the end of the story and many of these are fake blips that come up daily and i hate that because it means when something real comes up many will ignore it as fake out of habit.

world we've created in an effort to always be right.

On this we can generally agree while perhaps disagreeing on the details.

about as stupid as our efforts to interfere with other countries elections.

this isn't something new. we've been doing this to each other ever since there's been an "each other" to do it to.
obama knew of the hacking attempts prior to losing the election, yet it only came out AFTER the election.
and now we find hillary getting millions of $$$ from russia - *while* she was SoS. that doesn't bother you?

if it's proven out trump broke laws, great. lock his happy ass up with the rest of 'em. but so far all the "evidence" of collusion is falling apart as DNC created hype. i'm ok with waiting til the show is over however and when the smoke clears, just put the guilty people on alcatraz and forget they are there.

Hillary didn't get millions of dollars from Russia while she was Secretary of State- you are just swallowing the GOP propaganda. IF she was- well then she deserves to be thrown in jail.

I truly hope that Trump and his campaign did not collude with Russia- if it comes out that he did, it will tear this country apart. The only thing worse would be if he did collude- and Muehler is prevented from proving it.

I am in favor of Robert Muehler finishing his investigation- hopefully it will prove that Trump never colluded with the Russians and we can move on.

But remember his investigation was about Russia's attempts to interfere in our election- and the GOP has been desperately trying to divert attention from Russia's attempt to corrupt our election system. I do hope that Muehler's final report provides proof of Russia's campaign so that the GOP can't continue to pretend it didn't happen.
we can all pretend the things we don't like never happened, but as we're seeing more and more txt messages come out, it doesn't look good. like i've said before, i'll wait for the end of the story and many of these are fake blips that come up daily and i hate that because it means when something real comes up many will ignore it as fake out of habit.

world we've created in an effort to always be right.

On this we can generally agree while perhaps disagreeing on the details.
so much crap out there in all this and people saying whatever they need to in order to survive the storm. gonna be awhile before we get to the truth, much less a truth most people will accept.

Forum List

Back