Morons have THREE DAYS to either be prepared for or escape from Florence

I got the picture from the Houston Chronicle September 1, 2005. Check 'em out.

Hurricane Katrina: Sept. 1, 2005 in photos

I did. And it says NOTHING ABOUT "WAITING FOR" ANYBODY. You pulled that out of your ass, the same place you pulled that "had a week" shit out of your ass. "A week" when Katrina didn't even EXIST.

DUMBASS. :fu:

Look, the history is a known thing. There are at least two of us in this thread who know it. Don't sit here and try to sell FUCKING BULLSHIT.
You shouldn't waste time insulting everybody. I know what I saw on the news and in the newspaper. Apparently you missed it. There were a million stories.

Go LOOK IT THE FUCK UP, asswipe. PROVE ME WRONG. Prove yourself right. Show the class any evidence at all, from anywhere, of anything called "Katrina" --- or anything that would eventually be called "Katrina" --- existing on August 22.

Not to mention, you obviously don't evacuate ten minutes before landfall, you go at least a day or two, so that backs you up to August 20 for your BULLSHIT claim "people had a week" to evacuate for something that didn't even EXIST.

Lemme give you a realistic timeline since you're just pulling it out of your ass here. I found out about the approach of Katrina about 2:00 on Saturday afternoon when a co-worker called and said "what are you gonna do about this hurricane?" I said "what hurricane"? And that was typical. Some evacuated that night, I was helping evacuate another person and her animals so I left the next morning. My trip that would normally take three hours took seven because of the gummed-up traffic.

Katrina hit the next morning at dawn. ***THAT*** is how much time we had. Not a fucking "WEEK" you collossally dense DIPSHIT.

Are we clear now? Think maybe you might wanna actually look this stuff up before you bury yourself in a hole? And don't give me that SHIT about "insults" --- that *YOU* started with this "people had a week" BULLSHIT.

-- Not to mention the colossal dipshit OP who began flinging the insult turds in the fucking FIRST WORD OF HIS THREAD TITLE.
They had several days. Several days that they ignored because of........?

Anyone noticing a trend? Whites leave & live, minorities.....

You colossally retarded mental midget. I just gave you an actual timeline from the event. ****NOBODY*** had "several days". NOBODY KNEW.

I had a matter of HOURS. And that was typical.

And you're going to sit on your ass in Kansas City purporting to know more about this shit than those of us who actually dealt with it?

Go forth and fuck yourself, arrogant puke.
TV weather forecasts and warnings must only be televised in KC

I did. And it says NOTHING ABOUT "WAITING FOR" ANYBODY. You pulled that out of your ass, the same place you pulled that "had a week" shit out of your ass. "A week" when Katrina didn't even EXIST.

Look, the history is a known thing. There are at least two of us in this thread who know it. Don't sit here and try to sell FUCKING BULLSHIT.
You shouldn't waste time insulting everybody. I know what I saw on the news and in the newspaper. Apparently you missed it. There were a million stories.

Go LOOK IT THE FUCK UP, asswipe. PROVE ME WRONG. Prove yourself right. Show the class any evidence at all, from anywhere, of anything called "Katrina" --- or anything that would eventually be called "Katrina" --- existing on August 22.

Not to mention, you obviously don't evacuate ten minutes before landfall, you go at least a day or two, so that backs you up to August 20 for your BULLSHIT claim "people had a week" to evacuate for something that didn't even EXIST.

Lemme give you a realistic timeline since you're just pulling it out of your ass here. I found out about the approach of Katrina about 2:00 on Saturday afternoon when a co-worker called and said "what are you gonna do about this hurricane?" I said "what hurricane"? And that was typical. Some evacuated that night, I was helping evacuate another person and her animals so I left the next morning. My trip that would normally take three hours took seven because of the gummed-up traffic.

Katrina hit the next morning at dawn. ***THAT*** is how much time we had. Not a fucking "WEEK" you collossally dense DIPSHIT.

Are we clear now? Think maybe you might wanna actually look this stuff up before you bury yourself in a hole? And don't give me that SHIT about "insults" --- that *YOU* started with this "people had a week" BULLSHIT.

-- Not to mention the colossal dipshit OP who began flinging the insult turds in the fucking FIRST WORD OF HIS THREAD TITLE.

There were a great many who lacked the ability, the resources to get out. It was tragic.
That is what the aforementioned city controlled buses were for.

Wonder who controlled that? Hmmmmmmmmm

What? You actually "wonder" something, after sitting here and dictating revisionist history on everything else, ascribing "days" to people who had hours?

You're slipping.

Those are, once again, SCHOOL BUSES out in the burbs. Who had authority to commandeer them wasn't and still isn't clear, but the simple limitations of time would have made it impractical.

As I just said, Bungo Boi --- HOURS, not "days". If you're going to commandeer those school buses, you have to round up drivers, get them out to the burbs, drive them back into the city, and put a plan in place on how to use them. That's if you even have the authority to do that.

Buses in a parking lot waiting to pick up passengers who wouldn't leave The Big Easy before Katrina hit. They made a bad choice.

920x1240.jpg

FUCK YOU, lying asshole. Those are school buses, probably out in Metairie, in their own parking lot. They weren't "waiting" for anyone. They weren't even RUNNING.

Come back when you figure out some facts that you didn't just yank out of your lower intestine, LIAR.

On August 27, after Hurricane Katrina crossed southern Florida and strengthened to a Category 3 storm, PresidentGeorge W. Bush declared a state of emergency in Louisiana, Alabama, and Mississippi two days before the hurricane made landfall.[3]

On August 28, the National Weather Service in Slidell, Louisiana issued a bulletin predicting "devastating" damage rivaling the intensity of Hurricane Camille.[4]Mandatory evacuations were issued for large areas of southeast Louisiana as well as coastal Mississippi and Alabama.[5]

From wiki ya triggered asshat

Katrina made landfall August 29. I remember the date because I was supposed to be in the hospital (obviously cancelled). A week before that would be August 22.

KATRINA DID NOT EVEN EXIST ON AUGUST 22. NOT EVEN AS A TROPICAL DEPRESSION.

Go ahead Fuckbag --- try to prove me wrong.

"People had a week" my FUCKING ASS.
Hurricane KATRINA
Hurricane KATRINA Advisory Archive

upload_2018-9-10_21-48-42.gif

Aug 29-
AT 10 AM CDT...1500Z...THE CENTER OF HURRICANE KATRINA WAS LOCATED
NEAR LATITUDE 30.2 NORTH... LONGITUDE 89.6 WEST. THIS POSITION IS
NEAR THE MOUTH OF THE PEARL RIVER...ABOUT 35 MILES EAST-NORTHEAST
OF NEW ORLEANS LOUISIANA AND ABOUT 45 MILES WEST-SOUTHWEST OF
BILOXI MISSISSIPPI.

KATRINA IS MOVING TOWARD THE NORTH NEAR 16 MPH...AND THIS GENERAL
MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE TODAY AND TONIGHT. ON THIS TRACK
THE CENTER WILL MOVE OVER SOUTHERN MISSISSIPPI TODAY AND INTO
CENTRAL MISSISSIPPI THIS EVENING.

You colossally retarded mental midget. I just gave you an actual timeline from the event. ****NOBODY*** had "several days". NOBODY KNEW.

I had a matter of HOURS. And that was typical.

And you're going to sit on your ass in Kansas City purporting to know more about this shit than those of us who actually dealt with it?

Go forth and fuck yourself, arrogant puke.
TV weather forecasts and warnings must only be televised in KC

Must be, because as I just told your ignorant ass, NOBODY had an idea which way it would turn until the last moment, and certainly NOBODY had the prescience to evacuate "several days" before the fucking thing EVEN DEVELOPED AT ALL.

There were a great many who lacked the ability, the resources to get out. It was tragic.

I think that is an oversimplification. First off, those school buses are privately owned and operated, secondly, how do you go around rounding up everybody? There were shut-ins, elderly, poor etc. that had no way of getting out.

I don't know how you avoid this; I wish I did. It was heartbreaking.

What? You actually "wonder" something, after sitting here and dictating revisionist history on everything else, ascribing "days" to people who had hours?

You're slipping.

Those are, once again, SCHOOL BUSES out in the burbs. Who had authority to commandeer them wasn't and still isn't clear, but the simple limitations of time would have made it impractical.

As I just said, Bungo Boi --- HOURS, not "days". If you're going to commandeer those school buses, you have to round up drivers, get them out to the burbs, drive them back into the city, and put a plan in place on how to use them. That's if you even have the authority to do that.
Not hours. Days. But you lie, so it is what it is. A state of emergency was declared TWO DAYS BEFORE IT HIT.

FUCK YOU, lying asshole. Those are school buses, probably out in Metairie, in their own parking lot. They weren't "waiting" for anyone. They weren't even RUNNING.

Come back when you figure out some facts that you didn't just yank out of your lower intestine, LIAR.

On August 27, after Hurricane Katrina crossed southern Florida and strengthened to a Category 3 storm, PresidentGeorge W. Bush declared a state of emergency in Louisiana, Alabama, and Mississippi two days before the hurricane made landfall.[3]

On August 28, the National Weather Service in Slidell, Louisiana issued a bulletin predicting "devastating" damage rivaling the intensity of Hurricane Camille.[4]Mandatory evacuations were issued for large areas of southeast Louisiana as well as coastal Mississippi and Alabama.[5]

From wiki ya triggered asshat

Katrina made landfall August 29. I remember the date because I was supposed to be in the hospital (obviously cancelled). A week before that would be August 22.

KATRINA DID NOT EVEN EXIST ON AUGUST 22. NOT EVEN AS A TROPICAL DEPRESSION.

Go ahead Fuckbag --- try to prove me wrong.

"People had a week" my FUCKING ASS.
Hurricane KATRINA
Hurricane KATRINA Advisory Archive

View attachment 215831

Aug 29-
AT 10 AM CDT...1500Z...THE CENTER OF HURRICANE KATRINA WAS LOCATED
NEAR LATITUDE 30.2 NORTH... LONGITUDE 89.6 WEST. THIS POSITION IS
NEAR THE MOUTH OF THE PEARL RIVER...ABOUT 35 MILES EAST-NORTHEAST
OF NEW ORLEANS LOUISIANA AND ABOUT 45 MILES WEST-SOUTHWEST OF
BILOXI MISSISSIPPI.

KATRINA IS MOVING TOWARD THE NORTH NEAR 16 MPH...AND THIS GENERAL
MOTION IS EXPECTED TO CONTINUE TODAY AND TONIGHT. ON THIS TRACK
THE CENTER WILL MOVE OVER SOUTHERN MISSISSIPPI TODAY AND INTO
CENTRAL MISSISSIPPI THIS EVENING.

We know all that NOW. Your map is from August 29. That's the day of landfall. If you can get that out to people a week earlier via time machine, then this BULLSHIT story about "they had a week" will finally have a chance.

Regardless we the USA will hear all about the horrid losses and all the money needed to rebuild. Think about that for a minute and question why rebuild in the track of yearly hurricanes?
Because there is no place safe from natural disasters.
Having said that there should be insurance to cover most of this shit. Live in a danger zone? Pay an additional risk premium. Just like health and auto insurance.
There is no reason someone in Montana should be forced to pay for someone to rebuild in Florida.
You take the risk you pay the premium to balance the risk.

They do.

Which is why you have to buy flood insurance separately.
Hurricane insurance is supplemental.

If you’re doing the yearly rant against FEMA…fuck off. They prove their worth yearly.

Buses in a parking lot waiting to pick up passengers who wouldn't leave The Big Easy before Katrina hit. They made a bad choice.

920x1240.jpg

Not to mention, you obviously don't evacuate ten minutes before landfall, you go at least a day or two, so that backs you up to August 20 for your BULLSHIT claim "people had a week" to evacuate for something that didn't even EXIST. There wasn't even so much as a depression until the 23rd, and once organized it took a meandering and unpredictable course, hitting Florida first before re-grouping in the Gulf. Its course was anything but predictable for several days.

There was plenty of advance warning, I have a buddy who heeded the warning and flew to Denver.
You are going to blow a gasket over some insignificant shit. Take a chill pill.

Regardless we the USA will hear all about the horrid losses and all the money needed to rebuild. Think about that for a minute and question why rebuild in the track of yearly hurricanes?
Having said that there should be insurance to cover most of this shit. Live in a danger zone? Pay an additional risk premium. Just like health and auto insurance.
There is no reason someone in Montana should be forced to pay for someone to rebuild in Florida.

They do.

If you’re doing the yearly rant against FEMA…fuck off. They prove their worth yearly.
I never mentioned FEMA

Learn to read nitwit

You're slipping.

Not hours. Days. But you lie, so it is what it is. A state of emergency was declared TWO DAYS BEFORE IT HIT.

Go fuck yourself with a garden hose you drunken IDIOT. Again, I was there, I KNOW and YOU DON'T. Okay? So BITE MY ASS.

I notice Candy Cane put funny on my other comment.........High Candy Cane temporary.......as you are on iggy.....

Yeah......a small team of us with the proper could do exactly what I said...............We do this for a living......how about you..........Might even look at your posts for humor.........

Generator Rental | Aggreko

We install that equipment all the time...........and we do it quickly.

Good to see you’re ignoring me…but somehow still reading every word I write.

GET
ME
OUT
OF
YOUR
HEAD

You're slipping.

Go fuck yourself with a garden hose you drunken IDIOT. Again, I was there, I KNOW and YOU DON'T. Okay? So BITE MY ASS.
Liar.

Pathetic

why do you think nc coast wont head inland...to quote our governors...we know how to deal with this....the outer banks are getting out tourist have to leave first then everyone else...like any other natural disaster people are prepared for it....i dread what is going to happen to the outer banks....ocracoke may take a hit...and wilmington...the forecasters are gathering in wilmington and the coast...
Why didnt Louisianas residents go inland? And don't fail by saying BECAUSE BUSH.

Because the mayor of New Orleans ignored the weather service warnings didn’t issue an evacuation order until it was too late.

And because poor people with no money and no cars had no way to leave. The people who stay behind in hurricanes, are the very old, the very poor, and those lack who both the resources and the capacity to get out.

They do.

I never mentioned FEMA

Learn to read nitwit

As demonstrated, flood and hurricane insurance is an extra costs to those who want it. The residents of Montana pay nothing. Learn what you’re talking about convict.

Not to mention, you obviously don't evacuate ten minutes before landfall, you go at least a day or two, so that backs you up to August 20 for your BULLSHIT claim "people had a week" to evacuate for something that didn't even EXIST. There wasn't even so much as a depression until the 23rd, and once organized it took a meandering and unpredictable course, hitting Florida first before re-grouping in the Gulf. Its course was anything but predictable for several days.

There was plenty of advance warning, I have a buddy who heeded the warning and flew to Denver.
You are going to blow a gasket over some insignificant shit. Take a chill pill.

Where's that evidence of Katrina existing August 22 then LIAR? August 21? August 20?

DID. NOT. EXIST. Look it the fuck up.

Please to essplain to the class how the fuck you evacuate for a hurricane that doesn't even exist yet, and when it does exist you won't have a clue where it's going. How do you do that exactly? What do you do, just evacuate every day, until you hit it?

You're slipping.

Liar.

Pathetic

You're the liar here Bitch.

Those pics were taken in October, five weeks after the storm, literally the first day we were allowed back in.

Hours, not days.

FUCKING LEARN THAT.

You're slipping.

Liar.

Pathetic

No you’re the one who is lying. The governor or Louisianna and the Mayor of New Orleans received warnings days in advance and DID NOTHING.

A good friend worked for the US weather service at the time. He told me they Mayor had no evacuation plan at all. There was done discussion they wanted to flood out the 9th Ward because developers were dying to get their hands on that land.

You're slipping.

Liar.

Pathetic

You're the liar here Bitch.

Hours, not days.
FUCKING LEARN THAT.

You were here?

Forum List

Back