Morons have THREE DAYS to either be prepared for or escape from Florence

Your safety from the weather is not the presidents problem. Anyone who dies that isn't a comatose patient brought it on themselves.
I think you can be assured that some in the DNCMSM will criticize Trump, no matter what happens with Florence. It is the playbook.
Especially if Trump totally abandons them, and publicly attacks them as they suffer and die the way he did with Puerto Rico. Note that there was no significant criticism of how he handled Harvey's aftermath.
More fail.

Boatloads of containers sat and sat until the food was rotten. Distribution of donated goods is not a federal job.

You fucking leftists even need someone to wipe your asses you're so incompetent

Generally FEMA supplies are not considered donations…. tax money paid for them.
Almost all FEMA consumables are non-perishable
As for “boatloads” of rotten food…I find it hard to believe that the official response included perishable stores combined with no internal distribution strategy; both of which are under the FEMA purview.

It was all MRE's... that shit lasts forever. Hell, I still have some and it is still good.

Well Grampa Murked U did say “donations”…I can see donations from the public being of different types. If it came from a government entity though; it was hardened against spoilage. So was Grumps just spitballing? Who knows? But if there were “boatloads” as he says; I doubt they were donations from the public.

why do you think nc coast wont head inland...to quote our governors...we know how to deal with this....the outer banks are getting out tourist have to leave first then everyone else...like any other natural disaster people are prepared for it....i dread what is going to happen to the outer banks....ocracoke may take a hit...and wilmington...the forecasters are gathering in wilmington and the coast...
Why didnt Louisianas residents go inland? And don't fail by saying BECAUSE BUSH.

Most of the damage there had to do with the breaking of levees and the resulting floods.
All of the deaths had to do with local political decisions or morons who wanted to RIDE IT OUT

Bullshit. Talk to me when you come from the actual experience rather than reading Drudge sitting on your ass in Kansas City.
Go fuck yourself...

Better yet grab a broken broomstick and join candycorn

FUCK YOU TOO, shit-for-brains. I'm an actual Katrinite, you're a fucking wanker with no clue and most likely inebriated.

I think you can be assured that some in the DNCMSM will criticize Trump, no matter what happens with Florence. It is the playbook.
Especially if Trump totally abandons them, and publicly attacks them as they suffer and die the way he did with Puerto Rico. Note that there was no significant criticism of how he handled Harvey's aftermath.
More fail.

Boatloads of containers sat and sat until the food was rotten. Distribution of donated goods is not a federal job.

You fucking leftists even need someone to wipe your asses you're so incompetent

Generally FEMA supplies are not considered donations…. tax money paid for them.
Almost all FEMA consumables are non-perishable
As for “boatloads” of rotten food…I find it hard to believe that the official response included perishable stores combined with no internal distribution strategy; both of which are under the FEMA purview.

It was all MRE's... that shit lasts forever. Hell, I still have some and it is still good.

Well Grampa Murked U did say “donations”…I can see donations from the public being of different types. If it came from a government entity though; it was hardened against spoilage. So was Grumps just spitballing? Who knows? But if there were “boatloads” as he says; I doubt they were donations from the public.

The Red Cross had a huge presence here.

why do you think nc coast wont head inland...to quote our governors...we know how to deal with this....the outer banks are getting out tourist have to leave first then everyone else...like any other natural disaster people are prepared for it....i dread what is going to happen to the outer banks....ocracoke may take a hit...and wilmington...the forecasters are gathering in wilmington and the coast...
Why didnt Louisianas residents go inland? And don't fail by saying BECAUSE BUSH.

Most of the damage there had to do with the breaking of levees and the resulting floods.
All of the deaths had to do with local political decisions or morons who wanted to RIDE IT OUT

Bullshit. Talk to me when you come from the actual experience rather than reading Drudge sitting on your ass in Kansas City.

Those who have never been through a mass evacuation are experts on it…dontchaknow? I will say that since AMTRAK is essentially a ward of the federal government; it would certainly seem as though the Feds could send dozens and dozens of train cars to these areas and help with the evacuation. The tracks go to major cities out of the hurricane zone. The cars are built for conveying hundreds and hundreds of people over long distances. And unlike roads, the rails are not subject to traffic, wrecks, etc…
They are subject to flooding, downed trees, power lines, etc.

More to the point:Amtrak does not own the rails! Amtrak owns virtually no trackage...in that area, most of it is CSX.

The National guard units heading to Slidell got caught out in the storm trying to get to the staging points.............

I know people who went there............they said it sucked.......but they got there after dealing with the storm on the road.......and went to work.....

There was massive relief work down right after the storm.........but such a wide spread storm it's hard to spread the assets out.............no matter how much you can dream it will go easy.

people in katrina from the 9th ward had no transportation....the mayor acted a fool and people died
There were hundreds of buses parked outside the sports complex and people refused to leave. They had over a week to pack their shit and the Governor shirked his responsibility as well as the Mayor.

Buses in a parking lot waiting to pick up passengers who wouldn't leave The Big Easy before Katrina hit. They made a bad choice.

920x1240.jpg

FUCK YOU, lying asshole. Those are school buses, probably out in Metairie, in their own parking lot. They weren't "waiting" for anyone. They weren't even RUNNING.

Come back when you figure out some facts that you didn't just yank out of your lower intestine, LIAR.

They were not in Metairie, yet substantial speculation lies as to how many actually ran.

Fair point --- that pic could have been from anywhere any time, considering the source who hasn't backed up a goddam thing he's posted here.

Easiest thing in the world to Monday-morning quarterback photos of vehicles or facilities or whatever after the fact and go "what if" --- yet the same Monday morning quarterbacks said nothing whatsoever by way of suggestion when there was time to do it. Dishonest hacks.

Those who have never been through a mass evacuation are experts on it…dontchaknow? I will say that since AMTRAK is essentially a ward of the federal government; it would certainly seem as though the Feds could send dozens and dozens of train cars to these areas and help with the evacuation. The tracks go to major cities out of the hurricane zone. The cars are built for conveying hundreds and hundreds of people over long distances. And unlike roads, the rails are not subject to traffic, wrecks, etc…

That might be a partial plan ---- if passenger trains were still a thing. There's plenty of track laid, but when I wanted to travel from here without driving (to pick up a car) I had to hire a driver to take me about 120 miles to get to a railroad station to go anywhere. Couldn't even get on the rails in Asheville, which is at least a small city.

Amtrak goes to big cities, which don't really exist on the shoreline around here.

Passenger trains are still a thing. They run every day. 30 routes, about 500 towns and cities are visited.
Obviously they are not going to have service to hurricane areas so those routes are available as are reserve train cars.

I was speaking in general and not this one specifically. Amtrak does hit a lot of small towns. Places like New Ibera, LA, Sanford, FL, etc… They do eventually hit large cities where there may be shelters and facilities that can be used—like the Astrodome was for Katrina survivors.

people in katrina from the 9th ward had no transportation....the mayor acted a fool and people died
There were hundreds of buses parked outside the sports complex and people refused to leave. They had over a week to pack their shit and the Governor shirked his responsibility as well as the Mayor.

Buses in a parking lot waiting to pick up passengers who wouldn't leave The Big Easy before Katrina hit. They made a bad choice.

920x1240.jpg

FUCK YOU, lying asshole. Those are school buses, probably out in Metairie, in their own parking lot. They weren't "waiting" for anyone. They weren't even RUNNING.

Come back when you figure out some facts that you didn't just yank out of your lower intestine, LIAR.

They were not in Metairie, yet substantial speculation lies as to how many actually ran.

Fair point --- that pic could have been from anywhere any time, considering the source who hasn't backed up a goddam thing he's posted here.

Easiest thing in the world to Monday-morning quarterback photos of vehicles or facilities or whatever after the fact and go "what if" --- yet the same Monday morning quarterbacks said nothing whatsoever by way of suggestion when there was time to do it. Dishonest hacks.

Bottom line, it was a massive failure but to be honest, nobody had ever dealt with any of its likes. To blame any one politician is ridiculous. The people in many ways failed themselves.

The Appalachian Mountains are lovely this time of year. Food is great too. Fall harvest time. Breweries are all putting out their Pumpkin Blends also.

No, not yet. It's still summer.
Pumpkin beers have been in the stores for 3 weeks now.

All synthetic chemicals anyway. :puke:
No...but you are wrong on everything else, what's one more thing?

>> As food scientist Kantha Shelke explains, flavor companies have come up with a simplified recipe that includes just a few of the chemicals that occur naturally in pumpkin and cinnamon and cloves and nutmeg. A small selection of those flavor compounds is enough to make our brain think, "Ah, pumpkin pie!"

Instead of actual nutmeg, for instance, they use a compound called sabinene. Instead of cloves, they use eugenol.

According to Shelke, this simplified recipe actually does a better job of capturing the essence of pumpkin pie flavor than you'd probably achieve with the natural spices from your cupboard. What you'd get, in that case, would resemble India-style spiced tea, or chai.

That jug of "natural and artificial flavors" also is cheaper than the natural spices. Those flavor compounds are mainly manufactured using synthetic chemistry, rather than extracted from plants that grow in a field or plantation. They are copies of what's found in nature, but they're made in a factory. << -- Just What is In Pumpkin Spice Flavor? (Hint: Not Pumpkin)

Will there be anything else today?

And RITA..........we are going to get everyone out..............and the bus accident that killed so many........

CNN.com - Police: 24 dead after bus fleeing Rita catches fire - Sep 23, 2005

DALLAS, Texas (CNN) -- A bus carrying elderly evacuees from a nursing home near Houston, Texas, caught fire and exploded Friday south of Dallas, killing at least 24 people and jamming a key evacuation route for people fleeing Hurricane Rita.

Nothing goes as planned......EVER.........that's reality.

upload_2018-9-10_21-25-4.jpeg

Remember some of these figures could actually be low, if she stalls out.

Last edited:
The Appalachian Mountains are lovely this time of year. Food is great too. Fall harvest time. Breweries are all putting out their Pumpkin Blends also.
For those in Appalachia that have electricity and running water.

Pictured: The modern day poverty of Kentucky where people live with no running water or electricity
Pictured: The modern day poverty of Kentucky where people live with no running water or electricity | Daily Mail Online

Job shortages hit the region hard due to declines in demand for coal, lumber and tobacco; and the community of 4,700 is struggling for work.

Thanks Obama............

920x1240.jpg

I got the picture from the Houston Chronicle September 1, 2005. Check 'em out.

Hurricane Katrina: Sept. 1, 2005 in photos

920x1240.jpg

I got the picture from the Houston Chronicle September 1, 2005. Check 'em out.

Hurricane Katrina: Sept. 1, 2005 in photos

I did. And it says NOTHING ABOUT "WAITING FOR" ANYBODY. You pulled that out of your ass, the same place you pulled that "had a week" shit out of your ass. "A week" when Katrina didn't even EXIST.

DUMBASS. :fu:

Look, the history is a known thing. There are at least two of us in this thread who know it. Don't sit here and try to sell FUCKING BULLSHIT.

No, not yet. It's still summer.
Pumpkin beers have been in the stores for 3 weeks now.

All synthetic chemicals anyway. :puke:
No...but you are wrong on everything else, what's one more thing?

>> As food scientist Kantha Shelke explains, flavor companies have come up with a simplified recipe that includes just a few of the chemicals that occur naturally in pumpkin and cinnamon and cloves and nutmeg. A small selection of those flavor compounds is enough to make our brain think, "Ah, pumpkin pie!"

Instead of actual nutmeg, for instance, they use a compound called sabinene. Instead of cloves, they use eugenol.

According to Shelke, this simplified recipe actually does a better job of capturing the essence of pumpkin pie flavor than you'd probably achieve with the natural spices from your cupboard. What you'd get, in that case, would resemble India-style spiced tea, or chai.

That jug of "natural and artificial flavors" also is cheaper than the natural spices. Those flavor compounds are mainly manufactured using synthetic chemistry, rather than extracted from plants that grow in a field or plantation. They are copies of what's found in nature, but they're made in a factory. << -- Just What is In Pumpkin Spice Flavor? (Hint: Not Pumpkin)

Will there be anything else today?

Well, yes...the bad beers use artificial flavor. The good ones use pumpkin.

Forum List

Back