Zone1 Mormons who have apostatized or stopped going to Church

So you have no answer. Ok. Here's some more problems.

The Book of Mormon presents problems that cannot be explained away regarding the following topics.

Language: 1 Ne. 1:2, etc., states that Hebrews who left Jerusalem and came to the Americas spoke Egyptian. It is a known fact that Hebrews spoke Hebrew, and their records were kept in Hebrew. Egyptians were their enemies. It is absurd to think that Hebrews would have written their sacred history in Egyptian as to think that American History would have been written in Russian. In Mormon 9:32, 34, it is state that the language was “reformed Egyptian” and that no other people knew their language. There is no known language called “reformed Egyptian.”

Desert Fruit: 1 Ne. 17:5 talks about ample fruit and wild honey being products of Sinai desert (called Bountiful). Not possible!

Desert Timber: 1 Ne. 18:1 talks about ample timber that these Jews used to build a ship. There is not ample timber in that area. It was a desert. It still is a desert.

Laman River: 1 Ne. 2:6-9 mentions a river named Laman that flows into the Red Sea. There is no river there and has not been since the Pleistocene era.

Botanical Problems are many in the Book of Mormon. Wheat, barley, olives, etc., are mentioned, but none of these were in the Americas at that time.

Animals: North America had no cows, asses, horses, oxen, etc. Europeans brought them hundreds and hundreds of years later. North America had no lions, leopards, nor sheep at that time. Honeybees were brought here by Europeans much later. Ether 9:18, 19, lists domestic cattle, cows, and oxen as separate species! They did not even exist in the Americas at that time.

The Book of Mormon also mentions swine as being useful to man. Maybe, but Jews would not think of swine as being useful or good; swine were forbidden, unclean animals to them.

Horses, asses, and elephants were not in the Americas either.

And what on earth are “cureloms” and “cumoms”? No such animals have ever been identified anywhere. Domestic animals that are thought to be “useful” would hardly become extinct.

Ether 9:30-34 talks about poisonous snakes driving sheep to the south. The Book of Mormon states that the people ate the snake-killed animals, all of them! (v. 34). Hebrews would not have eaten animals that were killed that way.

Chickens and dogs did not exist here at that time either.

Butter is also mentioned, but it could not possibly exist, since no milk-producing animals were found in the Americas at that time.

Clothing Material: No silk and wool clothing (nor moths) existed at that time either, contrary to 1 Ne. 13:7; Alma 4:6; Ether 9:17 and 10:24.

Beheaded Shiz: Ether 15:30-31 says that after Shiz was beheaded, he raised up and struggled for breath!

Miscalculations: In Ether, chapter 6, we learn that furious winds propelled the barges to the promised land for 344 days! Even if the winds were not “furious” but, for example, blew only 10 miles per hour, the distance traveled in 344 days would have been 82,560 miles, or more than three times around the world. Absurdity, to say the least!

And why would the Lord instruct Jared to make a hole on top and bottom of each barge? (Ether 2:20).
You are a complete idiot. All this has been explained countless times to my satisfaction. The problem is, I know all this because I've lived the continuous attacks from the hateful anti-Mormons for 47 years. I've seen both sides. You only know your side of the argument and refuse to read and study the sites that tackle these issues. I give you some information but you can't even handle the little simple stuff I give you. Lehi is from the tribe of Joseph. Good chance that his ancestors were able to eventually make it back to Israel-Jerusalem. Therefore, good chance he knew Egyptian language. Reform means a mix of languages.

Another lack of logic is the question you have about swine. "Useful" doesn't mean they were eaten. So, I would look at websites by members of the Church that answer these kinds of questions as well. www.jefflindsay.com is a good one to start with. There are others and he uses others sites for references and further study of issues. Because I've done my study on all these issues, these have been answered and to my satisfaction. And, of course, the Holy Ghost still bears witness to me that The Book of Mormon is a true witness to the divinity of the Lord Jesus Christ. Because of this, Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God. You lack wisdom, ask God, after you have studied well.

I should make comment that in the last chapters of Moroni, we are taught to study, meditate on our studies and work it out with real intent, without a double mind like you have. You refuse to study both sides of things because your ministers tell you not to read the Book of Mormon nor study to find out for yourselves. We want those who study first, meditate, pray and wait for confirmation and a witness by the Holy Ghost. You don't. You just hate. So, you can quit posting if you like because until you do a lot more study on these issues, there's nothing to gain by this bantering and your contentious hatred. Check out that website. Get fully educated and stop acting like a leftwing Democrats crybaby.

Last edited:
You are a complete idiot. All this has been explained countless times to my satisfaction. The problem is, I know all this because I've lived the continuous attacks from the hateful anti-Mormons for 47 years. I've seen both sides. You only know your side of the argument and refuse to read and study the sites that tackle these issues. I give you some information but you can't even handle the little simple stuff I give you. Lehi is from the tribe of Joseph. Good chance that his ancestors were able to eventually make it back to Israel-Jerusalem. Therefore, good chance he knew Egyptian language. Reform means a mix of languages.

Another lack of logic is the question you have about swine. "Useful" doesn't mean they were eaten. So, I would look at websites by members of the Church that answer these kinds of questions as well. www.jefflindsay.com is a good one to start with. There are others and he uses others sites for references and further study of issues. Because I've done my study on all these issues, these have been answered and to my satisfaction. And, of course, the Holy Ghost still bears witness to me that The Book of Mormon is a true witness to the divinity of the Lord Jesus Christ. Because of this, Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God. You lack wisdom, ask God, after you have studied well.

I should make comment that in the last chapters of Moroni, we are taught to study, meditate on our studies and work it out with real intent, without a double mind like you have. You refuse to study both sides of things because your ministers tell you not to read the Book of Mormon nor study to find out for yourselves. We want those who study first, meditate, pray and wait for confirmation and a witness by the Holy Ghost. You don't. You just hate. So, you can quit posting if you like because until you do a lot more study on these issues, there's nothing to gain by this bantering and your contentious hatred. Check out that website. Get fully educated and stop acting like a leftwing Democrats crybaby.
No one has ever tried to tell me what or what not to read. I believe everything was explained to you to your satisfaction. Doesn't make sense to me, however. The only thing I hate is liars. As long as you're satisfied with the stories, good for you.

No one has ever tried to tell me what or what not to read. I believe everything was explained to you to your satisfaction. Doesn't make sense to me, however. The only thing I hate is liars. As long as you're satisfied with the stories, good for you.
You then just are not a scholar or a real student. I’ve been saying so because it’s apparent that you lack cognitive reasoning ability. You would not be able to handle a rip in your normalcy bias and seek out information other than what supports your normalcy bias. It’s like one hand clapping.

You then just are not a scholar or a real student. I’ve been saying so because it’s apparent that you lack cognitive reasoning ability. You would not be able to handle a rip in your normalcy bias and seek out information other than what supports your normalcy bias. It’s like one hand clapping.
Ha, whatever. There are way too many authentic Bible scholars that I'm familiar with who agree with me that your religion is a lie. Your insults don't affect me in the least.

Ha, whatever. There are way too many authentic Bible scholars that I'm familiar with who agree with me that your religion is a lie. Your insults don't affect me in the least.
Your authentic scholars and about as bad as the JWs scholars. Good company.

Your authentic scholars and about as bad as the JWs scholars. Good company.
You and the JWs use the same script. You both claim there was apostasy so God raised you up as the true church. You both can't be right, but both of you can be wrong. I'll trust Jesus and say to heck with both of you.

Last edited:
You and the JWs use the same script. You both claim there was apostasy so God raised you up as the true church. You both can't be right, but both of you can be wrong. I'll trust Jesus and say to heck with both of you.
We were first. Jesus established our Church. So, study www.jefflindsay.com and find out your scholars are full of lies.

We were first. Jesus established our Church. So, study www.jefflindsay.com and find out your scholars are full of lies.

There are always those who live to steal money from people. That is what the heads of these groups do. Funny how you run to something like this instead of studying to find out the things you think you know are lies from your incompetent scholars. And, by the way, there is no “Mormon Church.” The Church is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

There are always those who live to steal money from people. That is what the heads of these groups do. Funny how you run to something like this instead of studying to find out the things you think you know are lies from your incompetent scholars. And, by the way, there is no “Mormon Church.” The Church is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
These people are not doing anything for money. They are cult recovery support groups. There are many for ex Mormons and JWs. It's the Mormon cult, Mormon church. Etc.

:laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301:
How does it feel to hate?
You're biblically illiterate. Jesus is the fulfillment of all in the OT. Prophet, King and Priest. Jesus is everything we need.

"God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds."
Hebrews 1:1, 2

BS Filter

Cougarbear

Your discussion is a mature discussion for adults.

A bit of a tangent: but it would be nice not to abuse children by pouring This stuff into their brains before they have the capacity to try to understand it.

The False Prophecies of Joseph Smith, Founder of the Mormon Church​

• In 1835 Joseph Smith prophesied the Lord’s return within 56 years (History of the Church, Vol. 2, pg. 182). By 1891 this was proven to be a false prophecy.
  • In 1843 Joseph Smith prophesied that the United States government would be overthrown and wasted within a few years if they refused to redress the wrongs committed against the Mormons in Missouri (History of the Church, Vol. 5, pg. 394). The United States government has never formally redressed any wrongs committed against the Mormons in Missouri and the government still stands nearly 170 years later.
  • In 1832 Joseph Smith prophesied that the present generation of Mormons would not pass away before the temple of the New Jerusalem would be built in Zion, Missouri (Doctrine & Covenants Section 84). The Mormons were forced to flee Missouri and no temple was constructed there in Joseph Smith’s lifetime or within the generation that witnessed this prophecy.
  • In 1832 Joseph Smith prophesied that the United States civil war would eventually engulf all nations (Doctrine & Covenants Section 87). This prophecy did not come close to being fulfilled.
  • Joseph Smith made many other false prophecies in his lifetime. By the standards of God’s word, he must be labeled a false prophet (Deuteronomy 18:20-22).

Ask Jesus. He's the one who told us to beware of false prophets. Your games won't work on me. I'm too strong in the Lord. You can walk away anytime.
Except you are the one following false prophets. The reason I can say this with confidence is because your prophets have raised you and your followers up with hatred and contentiousness in your hearts. Your pride is the kind that tears down all that is good.

You're biblically illiterate. Jesus is the fulfillment of all in the OT. Prophet, King and Priest. Jesus is everything we need.

"God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds."
Hebrews 1:1, 2
Yet you cannot recognizes his Church.

Except you are the one following false prophets. The reason I can say this with confidence is because your prophets have raised you and your followers up with hatred and contentiousness in your hearts. Your pride is the kind that tears down all that is good.
I don't have any prophets. You're biblically illiterate.

I don't have any prophets. You're biblically illiterate.
You are not even equipped to recognize all the places and scholars you get your false material from is false yet the attempt is make it true to gullible people like you. You think the writings you use are true when they are false and if the devil. False prophet.

Forum List

Back