Mormons march in gay pride parade

Will we ever see some Muslims marching a gay pride parade?

Probably not officially. :lol: But I know a few gay Muslims...:eusa_whistle:

Of course there are homosexual Muslims, however I would imagine a gay Muslim openly marching in a gay pride parade would take alot of heat from the Imam in his Mosque and his family, Islam is pretty straight forward with their views on homosexuality.

Last edited:

Of course there are homosexual Muslims, however I would imagine a gay Muslim openly marching in a gay pride parade would take alot of heat from the Imam in his Mosque and his family, Islam is pretty straight forward with their views on homosexuality.
Ahmadinnerjacket assures us there are no homosexuals in Iran.

The leaders from those countries all say that, according to them everything is peaches and cream under their rule.

Not in the United States...

Muslims don't have Full Religious Freedoms in our Country to Stone Homosexuals according to their Doctrine...

Muslims can be and are out of the Closet in the US where they will not be Harmed in Law for doing so. :thup:

Of course they can't really be Muslim like Bodecea can't be a Christian and Deny the Book, but that's a given. :thup:

:)

peace...

And notice that Iran is a dull place with no fashion sense.

120209_iran11.jpg

Iranian Women?... In Iran?... :dunno:

:)

peace...

THe Catholics, the Episcopalians, the Lutherans, and the Methodists have been marching in the Long Beach parade and have set up booths at the Gay Pride Festival there for years. Glad to see that some Mormons are reaching out.

I'm surprised and pleased.

Even good ole` Harry Reid has "evolved" [not flipped-flopped] :badgrin: in his way of thinking in regards to same sex marriage. Here is what he thought in 2008 and before:

SNIP:

Reid, the highest-ranking Mormon in government, privately criticized the church for getting involved in the anti-gay marriage Proposition 8 campaign in California in 2008, saying it would hurt missionary outreach.

SNIP:

Reid's [new] position, conveyed by a nod of his head at the end of a meeting with reporters, signaled an evolution for the state's Democratic leader, who has acknowledged voting a decade ago for a constitutional amendment in Nevada to ban gay marriage.

Reid says he personally believes marriage is between a man and a woman.

But like President Barack Obama, who announced Wednesday he supported gay marriage, Reid indicated this week the time may be right for society to reflect a view he said probably "will carry the future."

Reid changes stance, backs gay marriage - News - ReviewJournal.com

This is the stupiest thing I ever heard Harry Reid say. The whole point of Christianity is to NOT reflect popular views.

Many of my active LDS friends privately say the General Authorities are wrong, wrong, wrong on this issue, and that when they and their friends assume their senior and presiding leadership positions in the priesthood and auxiliary organizations the 'times they are a changing'.

Many of my active LDS friends privately say the General Authorities are wrong, wrong, wrong on this issue, and that when they and their friends assume their senior and presiding leadership positions in the priesthood and auxiliary organizations the 'times they are a changing'.

Evolving, eh?

Yup, it means listening, avatar4321, RGS, and The Great Gatsby some of the other LDS are going to have to adjust when time comes if they are still alive.

Forum List

Back