More Whiplash From Kerry

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/004/477hcuso.asp

John Kerry Doesn't Know His Own Mind
What does the senator believe about American troops abroad?
by William Kristol
08/19/2004 9:20:00 AM

THE PROBLEM with being an opportunist is that you can easily forget what you've recently said.

On Monday, during a speech to the Veterans of Foreign Wars, President Bush announced that he intends to modify the configuration of American forces in both South Korea and Europe. On Wednesday, Sen. Kerry, speaking before the same audience, sharply criticized the president's decision.

Appearing on ABC's This Week on August 1, however, Sen. Kerry responded to a question by host George Stephanopoulos on Iraq. Stephanopoulos asked Kerry whether, as president, he could "promise that American troops will be home by the end of your first term?" Kerry's answer:

I will have significant, enormous reduction in the level of troops. . . . I think we can significantly change the deployment of troops, not just there but elsewhere in the world. In the Korean peninsula perhaps, in Europe perhaps. There are great possibilities open to us. But this administration has very little imagination.

Apparently, Sen. Kerry wanted to appeal to the "get-the-boys-back-home" sentiment in the country when he spoke on This Week. Yesterday, addressing a convention of veterans, Kerry was busy burnishing his credentials as a hawk by suggesting that cutting our forces in Korea "is clearly the wrong signal to send" at this time.

Who knows what Sen. Kerry believes? Does Sen. Kerry even know?

I fear for this country sometimes. I speak to people who still think that Kerry is the lesser of 2 evils. If only they werent so ignorant to WHO Kerry really is. The media still has a grip on most Americans.

Forum List

Back