More Teens smoking Pot than Cigs

Weird how smoking pot is viewed as perfectly ok and smoking cigs is tantamount to murder.

That's not exactly true. The health risks of smoking MJ are not fully assessed because it is illegal. A single joint has about as much crud in it as ten cigarettes (I know most people don't smoke a whole joint). The bottom line is inhaling noxious carcinogens into your lungs is bad for you whether it's tobacco, Marijuana, asbestos, or silicon.

I saw a patient in our out patient clinic the other day who was starting to look, clinically, like she was developing chronic bronchitis (and on her way to COPD). She also smoked a PPD but had cut down to 1/2 a pack. She was perfectly honest about smoking MJ, and frankly I don't really care about that, other than to point out that she was smoking a joint a day, so she was still basically smoking a pack per day and her lungs weren't going to get any less wheezy while she was doing that.

Before anyone jumps my case, I think MJ should be legal for recreational use. However, I don't buy into this bullshit about MJ being some magical plant that cures all disease and doesn't harm the lungs when smoked. Because I know it's bullshit.

That's not exactly true. The health risks of smoking MJ are not fully assessed because it is illegal. A single joint has about as much crud in it as ten cigarettes (I know most people don't smoke a whole joint). The bottom line is inhaling noxious carcinogens into your lungs is bad for you whether it's tobacco, Marijuana, asbestos, or silicon.

I saw a patient in our out patient clinic the other day who was starting to look, clinically, like she was developing chronic bronchitis (and on her way to COPD). She also smoked a PPD but had cut down to 1/2 a pack. She was perfectly honest about smoking MJ, and frankly I don't really care about that, other than to point out that she was smoking a joint a day, so she was still basically smoking a pack per day and her lungs weren't going to get any less wheezy while she was doing that.

Before anyone jumps my case, I think MJ should be legal for recreational use. However, I don't buy into this bullshit about MJ being some magical plant that cures all disease and doesn't harm the lungs when smoked. Because I know it's bullshit.

Definitely one of the most important things people tend to forget when it comes to marijuana.

I have to say, I agree with that 100%

Its still bad for you no matter how nice it makes ya feel. All these idiots who think its a medicine, well.... they are just silly, and need to put down the bong for a bit.

Weird how smoking pot is viewed as perfectly ok and smoking cigs is tantamount to murder.

That's true.... if you ignore all research from other countries. I guess Americans are a different species to the rest of the world. MJ has - across the world - been linked to mental illness. It makes me laugh when Americans insist that only research in the US is valid.

Probably because pot and pot smoke doesn't kill millions of people a year.

Pot is a trigger for mental illness. Fact.

Personally, I have no problem with people smoking whatever they want to smoke. As long as it doesn't impact on me. If, however, I have to pay more in health insurance coverage to pay for stupid people who suffer from adverse effects of a self inflicted issue, you can fuck that.

Pot is a trigger for mental illness. Fact.

Personally, I have no problem with people smoking whatever they want to smoke. As long as it doesn't impact on me. If, however, I have to pay more in health insurance coverage to pay for stupid people who suffer from adverse effects of a self inflicted issue, you can fuck that.

You seemed to miss have the point of my post. I'm not saying pot doesn't have it's adverse side effects.

I'm merely saying that pot hasn't caused millions upon millions of deaths like cigarettes has. If it did up to this point, you would see the same amount of outrage like you do with cigarettes and or alcohol. Awareness plays a huge role in this.

Definitely one of the most important things people tend to forget when it comes to marijuana.

well, that sorta comes with the territory...;)

well, that sorta comes with the territory...;)

$i-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

:lol:

Forum List

Back