More solar fAiLinG

There has always been costs associated with green energy that have made it less than practical for most home owners. Rooftop solar requires an expensive battery system, inverter to turn dc to ac, and a way to synchronize to the grid. These things are rarely discussed by proponents of so called free energy. There is no such thing as a free lunch. Someone always has to pay.

There has always been costs associated with green energy that have made it less than practical for most home owners. Rooftop solar requires an expensive battery system, inverter to turn dc to ac, and a way to synchronize to the grid. These things are rarely discussed by proponents of so called free energy. There is no such thing as a free lunch. Someone always has to pay.

I was the "gopher" boy for a group that built a solar water heater out of garbage ... just the $1.98 for a couple rattle cans of black spray paint ... blew steam if they let it ... so, not free, not even cheaper to fill up a motorcycle's gas tank back then ...

The recommendation is to have your house evaluated, taking all installation costs into consideration, angle of the Sun, climate and re-roofing costs should be included ... then compare with the costs of the electricity you're generating for yourself, and if allowed, any surplus that runs your meter backwards ...

... just like any other investment ...

[shakes head] ... if you think rooftop solar is expensive ... then you haven't paid for a new roof lately ...

I was the "gopher" boy for a group that built a solar water heater out of garbage ... just the $1.98 for a couple rattle cans of black spray paint ... blew steam if they let it ... so, not free, not even cheaper to fill up a motorcycle's gas tank back then ...

The recommendation is to have your house evaluated, taking all installation costs into consideration, angle of the Sun, climate and re-roofing costs should be included ... then compare with the costs of the electricity you're generating for yourself, and if allowed, any surplus that runs your meter backwards ...

... just like any other investment ...

[shakes head] ... if you think rooftop solar is expensive ... then you haven't paid for a new roof lately ...
You think roof top solar would compare to a new roof? How much do you think a new roof costs? Less than 10k

You think roof top solar would compare to a new roof? How much do you think a new roof costs? Less than 10k

100 man-hours? ... for 25 square? ... you're not roofing 10 square a week alone ... that's nuts ... come back when you've roofed a house and we can go through all the little details you missed ...

Worker's comp alone will run you $10,000, then there's liability and bonding ... maybe your shit-hole state doesn't require licensing ...

... you're using staples ??? ... fucking moron...

100 man-hours? ... for 25 square? ... you're not roofing 10 square a week alone ... that's nuts ... come back when you've roofed a house and we can go through all the little details you missed ...

Worker's comp alone will run you $10,000, then there's liability and bonding ... maybe your shit-hole state doesn't require licensing ...

... you're using staples ??? ... fucking moron...
well I had two roofs done and regular asphalt shingle roof on a 2500 square foot home was around 10k. Metal roof same size house was 20k. Now are you going to tell me that it costs the same to install solar on that same roof? Apples to apples.

well I had two roofs done and regular asphalt shingle roof on a 2500 square foot home was around 10k. Metal roof same size house was 20k. Now are you going to tell me that it costs the same to install solar on that same roof? Apples to apples.

Post your invoice ... and include state regulations on contractors ... what's the registration number of the binding company ... that should be printed plainly on all the documents ... or was this your scab brother-in-law that did the work? ...

Yes, you are the type to hire scabs ...

Post your invoice ... and include state regulations on contractors ... what's the registration number of the binding company ... that should be printed plainly on all the documents ... or was this your scab brother-in-law that did the work? ...

Yes, you are the type to hire scabs ...
Pick your noses

Welp....more lOsiNg for the AGW kOOks. This past month, wind and solar guys getting their clocks cleaned.

California to cut solar subsidies...nobody going to be getting solar. :bye1:

I'm laughing....

"No One Will Want Solar": California Cuts Rooftop Solar Subsidies In Blow To 'Green' Industry | ZeroHedge
190115-rdcongo-mine.jpg

^ What solar subsidies actually look like

Forum List

Back