More record heat

The global warming denialists will dismiss this record heat wave any way they can,

but at the first snowstorm of the year, not long from now, they'll all come stampeding in with their threads mocking global warming.

I'm not mocking it, I just want you to show me in a laboratory setting how you successfully isolated all variables except for a 200PPM increase in CO2 and get the same results.

Can you do that even one time?

I don't have to. My position is that even if there were global cooling we should be doing all we can to protect the environment and end our dependence on fossil fuels.

The global warming denialists will dismiss this record heat wave any way they can,

but at the first snowstorm of the year, not long from now, they'll all come stampeding in with their threads mocking global warming.

I'm not mocking it, I just want you to show me in a laboratory setting how you successfully isolated all variables except for a 200PPM increase in CO2 and get the same results.

Can you do that even one time?

I don't have to. My position is that even if there were global cooling we should be doing all we can to protect the environment and end our dependence on fossil fuels.

So go live in a cave and stop posting, why do I have to live by your insane "Ideas"?

Be the change you want to see in the world.

And take Old Rocks with you.

Last edited:
Another wave of oppressive heat clamped down on a broad swath of Eastern states on Saturday, with temperatures in the high 90s and 100s and residents scrambling for shade or just staying indoors.

In the Mid-Atlantic, already the locus for brutal temperatures several times in July, weather experts warned of the dangerous conditions and residents resigned themselves to coping with the discomfort.

"Oh, it's disgusting. It's already really hot," meteorologist Heather Sheffield of the National Weather Service said of morning temperatures in Washington, D.C.

One possible weather-related death was reported in Maryland, where paramedics said the high temperatures and humidity likely played a role in the death of a 20-year-old man who was biking, went into cardiac arrest and hit his head on a tree as he fell.

With the heat and humidity combining for a possible heat index of over 110 degrees, the weather service issued an excessive heat warning for the first time this year for an area stretching from south of Washington to north of Baltimore, along the Interstate 95 corridor. By midday Saturday, a wide band from lower New England to the Deep South was under a heat advisory.

The thermometer hit 100 degrees in Washington and Baltimore by mid-afternoon, where the heat index was 109. In Norfolk, Va., it was 104 degrees and 108 degrees with the heat index. Elsewhere, record highs for July 24 of 97 degrees in New York and Philadelphia and 99 degrees in Newark, N.J., were reported.

Eastern U.S. Cooks In 100-Degree Summer Heat : NPR

Another wave of oppressive heat clamped down on a broad swath of Eastern states on Saturday, with temperatures in the high 90s and 100s and residents scrambling for shade or just staying indoors.

In the Mid-Atlantic, already the locus for brutal temperatures several times in July, weather experts warned of the dangerous conditions and residents resigned themselves to coping with the discomfort.

"Oh, it's disgusting. It's already really hot," meteorologist Heather Sheffield of the National Weather Service said of morning temperatures in Washington, D.C.

One possible weather-related death was reported in Maryland, where paramedics said the high temperatures and humidity likely played a role in the death of a 20-year-old man who was biking, went into cardiac arrest and hit his head on a tree as he fell.

With the heat and humidity combining for a possible heat index of over 110 degrees, the weather service issued an excessive heat warning for the first time this year for an area stretching from south of Washington to north of Baltimore, along the Interstate 95 corridor. By midday Saturday, a wide band from lower New England to the Deep South was under a heat advisory.

The thermometer hit 100 degrees in Washington and Baltimore by mid-afternoon, where the heat index was 109. In Norfolk, Va., it was 104 degrees and 108 degrees with the heat index. Elsewhere, record highs for July 24 of 97 degrees in New York and Philadelphia and 99 degrees in Newark, N.J., were reported.

Eastern U.S. Cooks In 100-Degree Summer Heat : NPR

"...show me in a laboratory setting how you successfully isolated all variables except for a 200PPM increase in CO2 and get the same results." -- me

The weather service issued an excessive-heat warning for the first time this year for an area that stretched from south of Washington to north of Baltimore along I-95. By midday Saturday, a wide band from lower New England to the Deep South was under a heat advisory. Heat emergencies or alerts were issued in 20 states Saturday.

With the high humidity, heat indexes in the region soared into triple digits Saturday, with Wilmington hitting 111. Philadelphia felt like 104, and in North Wildwood it was 109.

Humidity worsens record heat across region | Philadelphia Inquirer | 07/25/2010

The weather service issued an excessive-heat warning for the first time this year for an area that stretched from south of Washington to north of Baltimore along I-95. By midday Saturday, a wide band from lower New England to the Deep South was under a heat advisory. Heat emergencies or alerts were issued in 20 states Saturday.

With the high humidity, heat indexes in the region soared into triple digits Saturday, with Wilmington hitting 111. Philadelphia felt like 104, and in North Wildwood it was 109.

Humidity worsens record heat across region | Philadelphia Inquirer | 07/25/2010

Are you claiming that a 200PPM increase in CO2 is the cause?

Pat yourselves on your sunburned backs, Las Vegans. You just lived through the hottest month ever.

The high reached triple digits every day in July, and the heat hung on through the night to push last month into record territory.

According to the National Weather Service, July's average temperature of 96.2 degrees was the highest of any month since record keeping began in 1937. The previous record, set in July 2007, was 95.4.
Las Vegans swelter through month of record heat - News - ReviewJournal.com

Last edited:
Golly...It get's hot in the desert!...Who knew?

las-vegas-snow.jpg

TAMPA, Fla. - According to the National Weather Service, the average temperature for May, June and July in Tampa is the hottest on record since they started measuring the statistic back in 1890.
The average temperature over the three months in 2010 was 83.2 degrees. That tops the average temperature of 82.7 degrees, set back in 1998.

Record-breaking heat in Tampa

TAMPA, Fla. - According to the National Weather Service, the average temperature for May, June and July in Tampa is the hottest on record since they started measuring the statistic back in 1890.
The average temperature over the three months in 2010 was 83.2 degrees. That tops the average temperature of 82.7 degrees, set back in 1998.

Record-breaking heat in Tampa

Weather strikes again.

Hans von Storch Speaks Out On CRU, IPCC And Climate Science P Gosselin – NoTricksZone

Forum List

Back