More Proof the skeptics are WINNING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you insist on killing people in lighter cars, just to make yourself feel better?

It's the big cars doing the killing. Once they're gone, we'll be in good shape. Just like personal armament.

The statistics that you love to quote don't take into account that the people who tend to drive small cars also tend to be the least safe drivers. The young and the old. Whereas the only people who need oversize cars and SUVs are the middle aged families with lots of kids. The safest drivers.

I know that you have a typical conservative aversion to statistics but if all of the variables are taken into account, not just the ones that make what you want to be true, appear so, the picture changes.

The statistics that you love to quote don't take into account that the people who tend to drive small cars also tend to be the least safe drivers. The young and the old.

All the old people I know drive the bigger cars.

Let's compare the UK, land of the mini-cars, with the USA, land of the monster-cars. It's a good comparison, as both have modern highway systems and modern medical systems.

List of countries by traffic-related death rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Road fatalities per 1 billion vehicle-km
UK 3.6
USA 8.5

Oops. There goes the "big cars save lives!" theory.

No matter. Todd will still embrace the butchery, since he gets kicked out of his cult if he doesn't.

Hey, let's raise CAFE standards, maybe we can raise our fatalities to 10.0 or 12.5?
Anything to prevent those hurricanes. LOL!
Damn, you guys are stupid.

If we do nothing long enough all problems will go away.

If you kill enough people with your stupid ideas, it'll reduce CO2.

As the lead article in this thread pointed out, the problem is the RELATIVE sizes of the vehicles colliding. We are in a bad place at the moment, but as the price of gasoline continues to rise, Americans will be forced into smaller and smaller cars (on average) and our fatality rate will eventually drop.

Why do you insist on killing people in lighter cars, just to make yourself feel better?

It's the big cars doing the killing. Once they're gone, we'll be in good shape. Just like personal armament.

The statistics that you love to quote don't take into account that the people who tend to drive small cars also tend to be the least safe drivers. The young and the old. Whereas the only people who need oversize cars and SUVs are the middle aged families with lots of kids. The safest drivers.

I know that you have a typical conservative aversion to statistics but if all of the variables are taken into account, not just the ones that make what you want to be true, appear so, the picture changes.

The statistics that you love to quote don't take into account that the people who tend to drive small cars also tend to be the least safe drivers. The young and the old.

I'm old and drive a Prius. You don't have the right to endanger the lives of others.

I'm old and drive a Prius. You don't have the right to endanger the lives of others.

I'm not for forcing people into more dangerous cars.
You should be ashamed.

If you want a problem invented a lefty is the man - oops! - person for the job.

My experience is that there are more than enough problems in the world so nobody has to invent any more.

Even conservatives recognize problems. It's solutions that they avoid.

Inventing problems for government to solve is the main occupation of liberalism.

Last edited:
As the lead article in this thread pointed out, the problem is the RELATIVE sizes of the vehicles colliding. We are in a bad place at the moment, but as the price of gasoline continues to rise, Americans will be forced into smaller and smaller cars (on average) and our fatality rate will eventually drop.

As the lead article in this thread pointed out, the problem is the RELATIVE sizes of the vehicles colliding.

Smaller cars are also more dangerous in single car accidents.

Are you planning on outlawing trucks?

You should be ashamed.

I'm proud that I don't endanger others. You wouldn't understand that.

If you want a problem invented a lefty is the man - oops! - person for the job.

My experience is that there are more than enough problems in the world so nobody has to invent any more.

So why was the non-problem of 'global warming' invented? Apart, of course, for the obvious purpose of enriching Mr Al Gore.

You should be ashamed.

I don't understand your support for CAFE standards.

Thousands of annual deaths are on your head.

I don't understand your support for big cars. Besides the fact that you are polluting the air we ALL breathe, consuming MORE than your share of the world's finite supply of petroleum and bringing on global warming as FAST as you can, it is YOU and your oversized DINOSAUR of a vehicle that are murdering OTHER PEOPLE out there on the road. You're a threat to the public well-being.

Last edited:

I don't understand your support for big cars. Besides the fact that you are polluting the air we ALL breathe, consuming MORE than your share of the world's finite supply of petroleum and bringing on global warming as FAST as you can, it is YOU and your oversized DINOSAUR of a vehicle that are murdering OTHER PEOPLE out there on the road. You're a threat to the public well-being.

I don't understand your support for big cars.

Bigger cars are safer. I don't understand your support for smaller, higher fatality cars.

Besides the fact that you are polluting the air we ALL breathe

Modern large cars produce less pollution than ever, technology works.

consuming MORE than your share of the world's finite supply of petroleum

Between saving lives and burning fewer gallons of gas, I'll choose saving lives.

it is YOU and your oversized DINOSAUR of a vehicle that are murdering OTHER PEOPLE out there on the road.

I haven't forced anyone into a dangerous automobile, that's you guys.
And now Obama wants CAFE standards of 54.5 MPG?
That's idiotic. How many people will that kill?

You should be ashamed.

CAFE standards save lives. They are one of the most effective tools that we have for reducing the cost in lives and dollars of AGW mitigation. As the limits of your concern are your own skin and this minute you are simply of no use to the world.

You believe that you have the right to endanger others.

If that's the best that you can do, so be it.

What that typically brings about from the others that you choose to endanger is that they return your attitude. Screw you.

Let's compare the UK, land of the mini-cars, with the USA, land of the monster-cars. It's a good comparison, as both have modern highway systems and modern medical systems.

List of countries by traffic-related death rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Road fatalities per 1 billion vehicle-km
UK 3.6
USA 8.5

Oops. There goes the "big cars save lives!" theory.

No matter. Todd will still embrace the butchery, since he gets kicked out of his cult if he doesn't.

Try telling British drivers, stuck in endless traffic crawls, that they enjoy a 'modern highway system'! I was driving in the UK a couple of months ago and for much of the time I could not reach a speed high enough to risk getting myself killed.

You've never experienced endless American traffic crawls?

Americans rack up a much bigger percentage of driving distance on wide open rural freeways, which is among the safest type of driving. Hence, the stats are actually biased to make American driving look safer than it is, in comparison with UK driving.

Again, the point is how the data doesn't bear out claims that smaller cars cause more deaths on a national scale. The data shows the opposite. But then, if you're a denialist, you're already well-practiced at ignoring any data which contradicts the cult.

(Aside: Had some Israelis fly in for tech work. The rent-a-car agency gave them an SUV. They thought it was hilarious. "Why would anyone want to drive this?" was one of their comments.)

Last edited:

So why was the non-problem of 'global warming' invented? Apart, of course, for the obvious purpose of enriching Mr Al Gore.

The AGW problem is undeniable and scientifically certain.

Just like the conservative infection of America.

And both are problems that we've made progress on and will continue to.

It's being a threat to the public well being that motivates conservatives. They love the role. Outlaws preying on others. Their shaky egos demand the attention. They are typically failures at life searching for any kind of relevance.

Last edited:

I don't understand your support for big cars.

Bigger cars are safer. I don't understand your support for smaller, higher fatality cars.

Besides the fact that you are polluting the air we ALL breathe

Modern large cars produce less pollution than ever, technology works.

consuming MORE than your share of the world's finite supply of petroleum

Between saving lives and burning fewer gallons of gas, I'll choose saving lives.

it is YOU and your oversized DINOSAUR of a vehicle that are murdering OTHER PEOPLE out there on the road.

I haven't forced anyone into a dangerous automobile, that's you guys.
And now Obama wants CAFE standards of 54.5 MPG?
That's idiotic. How many people will that kill?

What you've made clear is that the only life that you're concerned about is yours. The fact that you drive an aggressive weapon of destruction that endangers others is not your problem. You have no concern for those who suffer the consequences of your life.

Classic, textbook conservatism

Try telling British drivers, stuck in endless traffic crawls, that they enjoy a 'modern highway system'! I was driving in the UK a couple of months ago and for much of the time I could not reach a speed high enough to risk getting myself killed.

You've never experienced endless American traffic crawls?

Americans rack up a much bigger percentage of driving distance on wide open rural freeways, which is among the safest type of driving. Hence, the stats are actually biased to make American driving look safer than it is, in comparison with UK driving.

Again, the point is how the data doesn't bear out claims that smaller cars cause more deaths on a national scale. The data shows the opposite. But then, if you're a denialist, you're already well-practiced at ignoring any data which contradicts the cult.

(Aside: Had some Israelis fly in for tech work. The rent-a-car agency gave them an SUV. They thought it was hilarious. "Why would anyone want to drive this?" was one of their comments.)

Big cars compensate for smallness in other aspects of life. Including physical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back