More Proof the skeptics are WINNING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No evidence.

Many are killed every year by oversized cars because of their oversize. Take big cars off the road, those people live.

Still, not to mention those to be killed by extreme weather events made more frequent and more destructive by AGW.

Here's where costs are already showing up.

How the Insurance Industry Is Dealing With Climate Change | Surprising Science

Conservatives aren't necessarily stupid. But they are necessarily gullible.

Take big cars off the road, those people live.

It's not enough you want to force people into dangerous cars, now you want to outlaw safer cars?

Are you also going to outlaw trucks and single car crashes? :cuckoo:

Apparently the concept of safer, as compared to safe, is pretty slippery to the conservative ''mind''.

2000 extra deaths a year isn't slippery.

Tell us what happens to humanity from a different climate?

We already know. Look back to the Medieval Warm Period, the Roman Warm Period, and the Holocene Optimum to see what happened to societies during warm periods.

are the first that I've read in favor of energy shortages.

There are no energy shortages. Energy is more abundant today than at any time in our history and that trend shows no sign of changing. Contrary to what you believe, the sky is not falling....hell, it isn't even drooping.

Take big cars off the road, those people live.

It's not enough you want to force people into dangerous cars, now you want to outlaw safer cars?

Are you also going to outlaw trucks and single car crashes? :cuckoo:

Apparently the concept of safer, as compared to safe, is pretty slippery to the conservative ''mind''.

2000 extra deaths a year isn't slippery.

More than that.... At this point, we can lay more than 100,000 corpses at the altar of CAFE standards and up to half a million serious injuries.

Tell us what happens to humanity from a different climate?

We already know. Look back to the Medieval Warm Period, the Roman Warm Period, and the Holocene Optimum to see what happened to societies during warm periods.

are the first that I've read in favor of energy shortages.

There are no energy shortages. Energy is more abundant today than at any time in our history and that trend shows no sign of changing. Contrary to what you believe, the sky is not falling....hell, it isn't even drooping.

In your expert opinion, how long should the conversion of our entire energy system to sustainable take?

Does your plan require the burning of the last drop of oil before we need to switch?

Last edited:
SSDD sees no difference in the world over the last 1,000 years.

I can't believe these people.

One of the things that becomes very obvious here is that the vision of conservatives ends at their skin and this minute. I can't think of a more compelling reason to keep them as far as possible from our government.

One of the things that becomes very obvious here is that the vision of conservatives ends at their skin and this minute. I can't think of a more compelling reason to keep them as far as possible from our government.

Why do you insist on killing people in lighter cars, just to make yourself feel better?

Let's compare the UK, land of the mini-cars, with the USA, land of the monster-cars. It's a good comparison, as both have modern highway systems and modern medical systems.

List of countries by traffic-related death rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Road fatalities per 1 billion vehicle-km
UK 3.6
USA 8.5

Oops. There goes the "big cars save lives!" theory.

No matter. Todd will still embrace the butchery, since he gets kicked out of his cult if he doesn't.

Let's compare the UK, land of the mini-cars, with the USA, land of the monster-cars. It's a good comparison, as both have modern highway systems and modern medical systems.

List of countries by traffic-related death rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

UK 3.6
USA 8.5

No matter. Todd will still embrace the butchery, since he gets kicked out of his cult if he doesn't.

Hey, let's raise CAFE standards, maybe we can raise our fatalities to 10.0 or 12.5?
Anything to prevent those hurricanes. LOL!
Damn, you guys are stupid.

UK 3.6
USA 8.5

Try telling British drivers, stuck in endless traffic crawls, that they enjoy a 'modern highway system'! I was driving in the UK a couple of months ago and for much of the time I could not reach a speed high enough to risk getting myself killed.

Why do you insist on killing people in lighter cars, just to make yourself feel better?

It's the big cars doing the killing. Once they're gone, we'll be in good shape. Just like personal armament.

The statistics that you love to quote don't take into account that the people who tend to drive small cars also tend to be the least safe drivers. The young and the old. Whereas the only people who need oversize cars and SUVs are the middle aged families with lots of kids.

I know that you have a typical conservative aversion to statistics but if all of the variables are taken into account, not just the ones that make what you want to be true appear so, the picture changes.

It's the big cars doing the killing. Once they're gone, we'll be in good shape. Just like personal armament.

The statistics that you love to quote don't take into account that the people who tend to drive small cars also tend to be the least safe drivers. The young and the old. Whereas the only people who need oversize cars and SUVs are the middle aged families with lots of kids. The safest drivers.

I know that you have a typical conservative aversion to statistics but if all of the variables are taken into account, not just the ones that make what you want to be true, appear so, the picture changes.

Last edited:

UK 3.6
USA 8.5

Try telling British drivers, stuck in endless traffic crawls, that they enjoy a 'modern highway system'! I was driving in the UK a couple of months ago and for much of the time I could not reach a speed high enough to risk getting myself killed.

You've never experienced endless American traffic crawls?

UK 3.6
USA 8.5

Hey, let's raise CAFE standards, maybe we can raise our fatalities to 10.0 or 12.5?
Anything to prevent those hurricanes. LOL!
Damn, you guys are stupid.

If we do nothing long enough all problems will go away.

The statistics that you love to quote don't take into account that the people who tend to drive small cars also tend to be the least safe drivers. The young and the old. Whereas the only people who need oversize cars and SUVs are the middle aged families with lots of kids.

I know that you have a typical conservative aversion to statistics but if all of the variables are taken into account, not just the ones that make what you want to be true appear so, the picture changes.

It's the big cars doing the killing. Once they're gone, we'll be in good shape.

Yes, we can't have people choosing a large safe car to get their kids around in.
We must force them into smaller, lighter, more dangerous cars.
Can't have too much freedom.
Gotta break some eggs to get to liberal utopia......

Yes, we can't have people choosing a large safe car to get their kids around in.

I see that you can't let go of the idea that you have a right to endanger others. That you're entitled.

I see that you can't let go of the idea that you have a right to endanger others. That you're entitled.

It's the liberal CAFE standards that are endangering people.
Is English your second language? Damn!
At 54 MPG, cars will have to be made out of aluminum foil.

It'll kill tens of thousands each year. Poorer people will be more impacted.

Why do you hate poor people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back