More Palin Hypocrisy: Tripp Has Government Provided Health Insurance

well we see the Progressives Lefties are now going after another one of Palins children, I guess they got tired of using the little baby with downs syndrome.

Is this the type of people we want running the country?

Do not vote for any Progressive and vote out the one's in office in November.

Actually, if you read the thread, the Democrats are on the side of Palin's daughter.

oh right, you betcha.

well we see the Progressives Lefties are now going after another one of Palins children, I guess they got tired of using the little baby with downs syndrome.

Is this the type of people we want running the country?

Do not vote for any Progressive and vote out the one's in office in November.

Actually, if you read the thread, the Democrats are on the side of Palin's daughter.

I had not realized there were 'sides'. Seems to me that 'Democrats' are on the side of finding whatever crap they can to score cheap political points - even using her family to do so. I think this says more about 'Democrats' than it does about Palin or her daughter.

Man oh Man, it was fun watching the left crack up, but they are scrapping the bottom of the gutter today.:cuckoo:

Even if Sarah Palin made this decision so what? What is hypocritical about opposing a program but benefitting from it? I oppose the deductibility of mortgage interest but I take the deduction every year.
Nothing hypocritical about it at all. More posturing from the Left, which has no principles except win win win.

What is hypocritical is that Grandma fought to deny the same level of care to others

Even if Sarah Palin made this decision so what? What is hypocritical about opposing a program but benefitting from it? I oppose the deductibility of mortgage interest but I take the deduction every year.
Nothing hypocritical about it at all. More posturing from the Left, which has no principles except win win win.

What is hypocritical is that Grandma fought to deny the same level of care to others

Sarah Palin fought not to deny the same level of care to others, she fought to be fiscally responsible for the good of the state. Why am I not surprised that the left are incapable of logical thinking?

Man oh Man, it was fun watching the left crack up, but they are scrapping the bottom of the gutter today.:cuckoo:

Death Panels.....You get it Steph?......Princess Sarah warned about Death Panels

Gotta love the Devine Miss Sarah

Sarah Palin fought not to deny the same level of care to others, she fought to be fiscally responsible for the good of the state. Why am I not surprised that the left are incapable of logical thinking?

The hypocritical part is that fiscal responsibility only applies whhen others receive Government helathcare.....not when her relatives do

Death Panels.....You get it Steph?......Princess Sarah warned about Death Panels

Gotta love the Devine Miss Sarah

the only friggen thing I'm getting is the left keeps attacking Palin by using HER CHILDREN and Grandchild.

that is crawling about as low as you go in my book and if that is what you want to be a part of, then have it.

Last edited:

Let me say this again:

Republcians push a failed policy of "abstinence only" that doesn't work, then the underage daughter of some irresponsible parent gets pregnant, and then they want to cut funding for the unfortunate child who has already been screwed twice.

The cost would be much less if children were taught "planned parenting". So is it "fiscally responsible" to punish an unwed 17 year old having a child? Considering the statistics on how those children grow up and what they become, it would be "fiscally responsible" to deal with the problem before it became a problem.

Then there is the "moral" issue. How can Republicans be so heartless to an unwed, pregnant child?

Are there no work houses?
Are there no prisons?

Shannyn Moore: More Palin Hypocrisy: Tripp Has Government Provided Health Insurance

:cuckoo::eusa_whistle:..Kudos to HuffPost and DailyKos for pointing this hypocrisy out. Can't wait to see the million excuses from Rightys...

You're a foolish boy, LittleLefty. If you cannot see this as a pathetic attempt to deride Palin for something she has no say in..... it is her grandchild. Intelligent people will understand that it is the parent of said child - ie Bristol Palin as opposed to the grandmother - ie Sarah Palin - who makes healthcare decisions for the child.

Let's file this one where it belongs: 'Pathetic Attempts by Fools to Assassinate the Character of Anyone Who Dares Disagree with Them'.

What a fool you are for falling for it.

Sarah Palin cut funding for teen mothers - ParentDish

It's a good thing seventeen-year-old Bristol Palin has her family's support during her pregnancy because it turns out that one of the things her mother did as governor of Alaska was to use her line-item veto to cut funding for a program that includes housing for teenage mothers. In fact, Governor Palin cut the funding for Covenant House, of which Passage House is a part, by more than twenty percent.

ph2008090202312.jpg

This is what I'm talking about. Republcians push a failed policy of "abstinence only" that doesn't work, then the underage daughter of some irresponsible parent gets pregnant, and then they want to cut funding for the unfortunate child who has already been screwed twice. It's part of the Republican policy of "get it born" and then "screw it", it's not MY kid. Why should I have to take care of it?

Liar. You're such an ass.

Covenant House
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 4, 2008
Executive Director
907-339-4203

“Covenant House Alaska is a multi-service agency serving homeless and runaway youth, including teen mothers. The majority of the agency’s annual operating budget is privately raised, with no more than 10 to 15 percent of funds coming from state grants in any given year. We are grateful for the support we have received from Governor Sarah Palin, the Alaska legislature and our Congressional delegation over the years.

Despite some press reports to the contrary, our operating budget was not reduced. Our $3.9 million appropriation is directed toward a multi-year capital project and it is our understanding that the state simply opted to phase in its support for this project over several years, rather than all at once in the current budget year

A view inside the Ugandan anti-gay campaign of Martin Ssempa, Dr. Warren Throckmorton

In Alaska, the governor is allowed to reduce spending allocations in the service of sound management and fiscal accountability. To prove his contention that Palin slashed funds for teen mothers, Kane produced the Alaska 2008 budget with Sarah Palin’s line by line adjustments. It is true that lawmakers allocated 5 million to Covenant House Alaska and that Mrs. Palin cut that allocation to 3.9 million dollars. However, what is misleading about the Post headline is that the allocation of 3.9 million is three times more than Covenant House Alaska received from government grants in 2007. According to records on the Covenant House Alaska website, the organization received just over 1.3 million dollars from grants in 2007 and nearly 1.2 million in 2006. Even with the reductions, Governor Palin signed a budget which provided three times more funds than the organization received in 2007.

Thus, the Post report is misleading on two counts. One, the funding in question went to an organization which engaged in many different services, including work with teen mothers. There was no funding exclusively earmarked for pregnant teens.

Two, the report leaves the impression that the Governor reduced existing funding levels, when in fact, the Palin-approved budget allowed a massive expansion of funding for this worthy faith-based organization. The organization’s total revenue for 2007 was just over 3 million dollars and so the 3.9 million approved by Palin and the Alaska legislature was a huge increase.

Sarah Palin did not slash funds for teen mothers — Warren Throckmorton

Slashed funding. The mean, hypocritical Republican slashed funding…except…

…that if you actually bother to examine the information that Alaska's Covenant House makes available about its operations, it's obviously not true. Start with the financials. In 2007, Covenant House reported $1.3 million dollars in "grant income". In 2006, the figure was $1.2 million. So why, all of the sudden, did Covenant House seem to need 4 times that amount, $5 million or so in state money?

The answer is that Covenant House is expanding. The plans are described in the 2009 Alaska capital budget proposal…

State funding will assist Covenant House to relocate, and construct a new Crisis Center for Covenant House in downtown Anchorage.

$22 million is needed to complete the expansion. Covenant House asked the Alaska legislature to provide $10 million, the legislature answered with $5 million in the 2009 budget. Governor Palin cut the figure back to $3.9 million -- for this year. This likely doesn't stop the expansion; Covenant House will either have to get more from the state in a future year and/or increase the amount from private donations to make it happen. But no existing program that helps teenage mothers or the children of teenage mothers has been affected by this budget decision, and calling a one-time infusion of $3.9 million added by the state on top of normal operating expenses a "cut" only makes sense if you can't do math, if you don't understand the difference between a capital outlay and an operating outlay, or if you hate Republicans.

Anchor Rising: More Anti-Palin Pack Journalism

Perhaps the left could demonstrate how smart they are by not opening new threads on subjects that are already being discussed?

The hypocritical part is that fiscal responsibility only applies whhen others receive Government helathcare.....not when her relatives do

It is none of her business what her daughter does regarding her child's healthcare. Do you ask your parents consent before you make decisions? I hardly ever agree with you but rarely do I think you are stupid. I'm gonna have to revise that opinion now.

Last edited:

Let me say this again:

Republcians push a failed policy of "abstinence only" that doesn't work, then the underage daughter of some irresponsible parent gets pregnant, and then they want to cut funding for the unfortunate child who has already been screwed twice.

The cost would be much less if children were taught "planned parenting". So is it "fiscally responsible" to punish an unwed 17 year old having a child? Considering the statistics on how those children grow up and what they become, it would be "fiscally responsible" to deal with the problem before it became a problem.

Then there is the "moral" issue. How can Republicans be so heartless to an unwed, pregnant child?

Are there no prisons?

OMg, this is so stupid. Any damn parent no matter what political stripe they carry would prefer their children abstain form sex for many different reasons.
And the party who PUSHES ABORTION as a from of birth control is chastising others for morals, now that is rich.

Shannyn Moore: More Palin Hypocrisy: Tripp Has Government Provided Health Insurance
The dangers of "death panels" were explained to Americans on Sarah Palin's Facebook page. Oh, sweet Lord, she must not sleep at night...her grandson could be the next victim of "socialized medicine".

Recently released documents from the custody battle show clearly Tripp Palin Johnston has socialized health care through Indian Health Services and the Alaska Native Medical Center.

Palin's family has federally funded health care afforded to them...but if you had it Barack Obama might kill you. Put this on the list of Palin's Greatest Hypocritical Hits...volume 97.
:cuckoo::eusa_whistle:..Kudos to HuffPost and DailyKos for pointing this hypocrisy out. Can't wait to see the million excuses from Rightys...

Indian health care is something the US has provided to them as payment for broken treaties.

You're a foolish boy, LittleLefty. If you cannot see this as a pathetic attempt to deride Palin for something she has no say in..... it is her grandchild. Intelligent people will understand that it is the parent of said child - ie Bristol Palin as opposed to the grandmother - ie Sarah Palin - who makes healthcare decisions for the child.

Let's file this one where it belongs: 'Pathetic Attempts by Fools to Assassinate the Character of Anyone Who Dares Disagree with Them'.

What a fool you are for falling for it.

Sarah Palin cut funding for teen mothers - ParentDish

It's a good thing seventeen-year-old Bristol Palin has her family's support during her pregnancy because it turns out that one of the things her mother did as governor of Alaska was to use her line-item veto to cut funding for a program that includes housing for teenage mothers. In fact, Governor Palin cut the funding for Covenant House, of which Passage House is a part, by more than twenty percent.

ph2008090202312.jpg

This is what I'm talking about. Republcians push a failed policy of "abstinence only" that doesn't work, then the underage daughter of some irresponsible parent gets pregnant, and then they want to cut funding for the unfortunate child who has already been screwed twice. It's part of the Republican policy of "get it born" and then "screw it", it's not MY kid. Why should I have to take care of it?

Liar. You're such an ass.

A view inside the Ugandan anti-gay campaign of Martin Ssempa, Dr. Warren Throckmorton

In Alaska, the governor is allowed to reduce spending allocations in the service of sound management and fiscal accountability. To prove his contention that Palin slashed funds for teen mothers, Kane produced the Alaska 2008 budget with Sarah Palin’s line by line adjustments. It is true that lawmakers allocated 5 million to Covenant House Alaska and that Mrs. Palin cut that allocation to 3.9 million dollars. However, what is misleading about the Post headline is that the allocation of 3.9 million is three times more than Covenant House Alaska received from government grants in 2007. According to records on the Covenant House Alaska website, the organization received just over 1.3 million dollars from grants in 2007 and nearly 1.2 million in 2006. Even with the reductions, Governor Palin signed a budget which provided three times more funds than the organization received in 2007.

Thus, the Post report is misleading on two counts. One, the funding in question went to an organization which engaged in many different services, including work with teen mothers. There was no funding exclusively earmarked for pregnant teens.

Two, the report leaves the impression that the Governor reduced existing funding levels, when in fact, the Palin-approved budget allowed a massive expansion of funding for this worthy faith-based organization. The organization’s total revenue for 2007 was just over 3 million dollars and so the 3.9 million approved by Palin and the Alaska legislature was a huge increase.

Sarah Palin did not slash funds for teen mothers — Warren Throckmorton

Slashed funding. The mean, hypocritical Republican slashed funding…except…

…that if you actually bother to examine the information that Alaska's Covenant House makes available about its operations, it's obviously not true. Start with the financials. In 2007, Covenant House reported $1.3 million dollars in "grant income". In 2006, the figure was $1.2 million. So why, all of the sudden, did Covenant House seem to need 4 times that amount, $5 million or so in state money?

The answer is that Covenant House is expanding. The plans are described in the 2009 Alaska capital budget proposal…

State funding will assist Covenant House to relocate, and construct a new Crisis Center for Covenant House in downtown Anchorage.

$22 million is needed to complete the expansion. Covenant House asked the Alaska legislature to provide $10 million, the legislature answered with $5 million in the 2009 budget. Governor Palin cut the figure back to $3.9 million -- for this year. This likely doesn't stop the expansion; Covenant House will either have to get more from the state in a future year and/or increase the amount from private donations to make it happen. But no existing program that helps teenage mothers or the children of teenage mothers has been affected by this budget decision, and calling a one-time infusion of $3.9 million added by the state on top of normal operating expenses a "cut" only makes sense if you can't do math, if you don't understand the difference between a capital outlay and an operating outlay, or if you hate Republicans.

Anchor Rising: More Anti-Palin Pack Journalism

Why are you guys so dense? It's not just the money. It's also the failed policy of "Abstinence only", plus, Sarah Palin not keeping an eye on her underage daughter.

Three things 10 million -> 5 million -> 3.9 million

"Abstinence Only" as a failed policy

Mother who isn't teaching her child, who doesn't' keep track of child - proof - grandchild.

This is what Republicans are supporting? Seriously?

Let me say this again:

Are there no prisons?

Republicans have never pushed for abstinence only. And in the 80s-90s, when the conservative push to encourage abstinence was in full swing, abortions and teen pregnancy dropped DRAMATICALLY.

Forum List

Back