More on the prom canceling

Apparently she's suing for $1.00, but she's already got $30,000 from Ellen, and who knows how much more money she'll make off of this. This is only the beginning. As I said before, she's not dumb.

Yep, suing for one dollar will make her rich for a lifetime. :cuckoo:

She never asked for anything. The scholarship from Ellen was not asked for. It was a gift from people who care about her situation. Are you really this jaded?

Yes....I live in a world where congress just passed a healthcare bill but exempted themselves from it. I live in a world where the dems and the reps are the two most corrupt parties in the history of our nation. I live in a city that used to have only 25,000 people and now has over 85,000 and the crime rate has gone up exponentially. I live in a state where you have to get caught stealing a car no less than 7 times before they put you in jail. Where the house across the street was tagged by a gang. Where it is no longer safe to go for a walk at night in the neighborhood I grew up in and we used to play hide and seek in the dark. I live in a world where there was a rider attached to the "patriot act" at the last minute to prevent Ely Lily, the makers of thermerosal from being sued, specifically for causing autism. I have two autistic children, one of them still in diapers at 22. I have another autistic man living here because his mother actually locked him out of the house in the winter time. I live in a world where minimum wage won't even put a roof over your head. Yes, I'm jaded, sorry.

She knew exactly what would happen, as I said before, she's not dumb. Heck, if nothing else, she'll make $millions off the book deal.

So basically, you're jealous an 18 year is handling life with wisdom while you're still playing the victim.

Because it's not about bigotry. It's about being forced to allow anyone to come to the prom...changing the rules for a few against the wishes of the many.

Are you joking? Why do you hate gays?

I don't, never have....why do you think I do?

Uhh, because you don't think closing down an entire prom to keep a couple of lesbians from attending is bigoted. Duh?

They were french kissing, feeling each other in inappropriate places, my cousin and her family left because of their behavior. I hate myself now because I ignored it at the time when if it was two heterosexuals, I would have told them to "get a room".
Who fucking cares?

And by the way, I have gay friends
Of course you do. Its practically a rule that to be a bigot you have to have a few token friends who are from the group that is the object of your bigotry. Everyone who hates blacks, for instance, has a black friend. Its a physical law of nature.

Even though your attitude makes it difficult, I was all prepared to apologize and change my mind on the case, until I got to the following: "Gay Miss. teen gets $30,000 on 'Ellen'"

Yeah, right, it's not about money. It's about money AND fame. She's not dumb.
Yes, I'm sure she planned this with Ellen in mind.

:lol:

I honestly think you're an idiot. :cool:

Ravi, you've been around for awhile....you've read my posts...do you honestly think I'm an idiot? I'm rather sick of the personal attacks...I expect better from you. We can disagree without attacking each other, can't we?

Then again, maybe I am an idiot, look what I'm asking, and look where I'm asking it....
:(
Sorry...I just think it's ridiculous that you state all of these scenarios as to why she did it as fact when you really have no idea. The order of events had her asking the school's permission first. This is exactly what I tell my kids to do when they want to break a school rule that seems unjust.

And then you freak out over a suggestion that Rosa Parks was not totally on the up and up. For all you know she did it so she'd be in the history books. :lol:

They told her she couldn't attend as part of a lesbian couple. When she made it clear she felt her rights were being violated they canceled the prom.

I think she has a decent case.

So she was so special that the rule of the school shouldn't apply to that sweet little thang.
Nope, you've got it wrong. She is equal so the rule was wrong.

Your barbecue story isn't relevant. This girl's rights were being violated by a local government. That is the difference. I actually admire this girl. I do not admire her lifestyle, but who am I to judge who she is. You and I may not like who she is, but she stood up against overwhelming odds to declare the policy as wrong. She made a request to the school. Denied. She exercised her right to the court system. They canceled the prom. She sued. Good for her. She will lose, but good for her. This girl is standing up for who she is and is not letting anyone else tell her that it is wrong. That is admirable.

No, she stood up against overwhelming odds to sue the school district and get money so she wouldn't ever have to get a real job in her life......she's just the first one in that district to have thought of it.

How much money is she suing for?

Enough to pay off family bills take a trip to homeland (Mexico) and bring some of her illegal cousins back to America. Oh yea and get english lessons for her grandmother.

What of the other students, did she have the right to ruin their last year memories, she kinda selfish, ya think.

The bigotted school board, or whoever ruled the prom cancelled, ruined it.

agreed

The other choice was a lawsuit by the ACLU, I don't blame them for canceling the prom, given the circumstances I would too. She is responsible for the prom being canceled. Heck she planned it, did you not read that she went to them in December and again in February, she wanted to make darn good and sure they knew she was gonna wear a tux and bring a female date which was against the school rules. Then she's surprised that after getting an ACLU lawyer to sue the school district for her, they cancel the prom?

That's like me not wanting people to come to my barbecue who use foul language and being sued by the ACLU for infringing on their right to free speech. I'd just cancel the barbecue.

no its not you cannot freedom of speech does not mean you can say anything you want sure people can swere but its impolite, the problem is the judge said the school did voiltion of her first amendment rights

We had a lesbian couple at my prom, NO ONE cared.
Some schools are like that, they don't care.

Probably no one would have cared at this one if she didn't make such a big deal about it...I mean she started in December with her demands....this was all about a lawsuit and money from the start.

Such a big deal? like an 18 year needs more stress fighiting school getting hate from school for her rights to be know well enough? demands she ask to bring her gf and wear a tux what kind of bank robbery is this? Of course someone like you need to put spin on it and make the girl fault. for some stupid reason.

My prediction: This will go to court, the "lesbian" will win some undisclosed sum of money, within 5 years she'll become straight, get married and have a couple kids. :cool:

And her rights will still have been violated.

And public schools will never cancel another prom to prevent gay couples from attending ever again.

oh i am sure they be careuflly and covering there butt's over this the only reason the judge did not order the prom back cause of the fact there a PRIVATE PROM.

They told her she couldn't attend as part of a lesbian couple. When she made it clear she felt her rights were being violated they canceled the prom.

I think she has a decent case.

So she was so special that the rule of the school shouldn't apply to that sweet little thang.

True.

And, I'm pleased to witness the death of School District Sponsored Dances (proms) or whatever the hell stupid crap is leftover from 1955 that has no business being the business of Public Schools.

I only wish Rug Munchers and their Dyke friends would try-out for Football. Then we could eliminate that stupidity also. I wish all Band Members would come out of the fucking closet, so we could eliminate that bullshit too.

No, she stood up against overwhelming odds to sue the school district and get money so she wouldn't ever have to get a real job in her life......she's just the first one in that district to have thought of it.

How much money is she suing for?

Enough to pay off family bills take a trip to homeland (Mexico) and bring some of her illegal cousins back to America. Oh yea and get english lessons for her grandmother.

1. she in American and it does not matter if she part Mexican or not

2. without illegal allies were would this land be now? under control of uk still so i would be glad its like it now.

3. illegal allies are not bad what your problem?

oh i am sure they be careuflly and covering there butt's over this the only reason the judge did not order the prom back cause of the fact there a PRIVATE PROM.

no, he knew the school system still have some rights.

Yes, I'm sure she planned this with Ellen in mind.

:lol:

I honestly think you're an idiot. :cool:

Ravi, you've been around for awhile....you've read my posts...do you honestly think I'm an idiot? I'm rather sick of the personal attacks...I expect better from you. We can disagree without attacking each other, can't we?

Then again, maybe I am an idiot, look what I'm asking, and look where I'm asking it....
:(
Sorry...I just think it's ridiculous that you state all of these scenarios as to why she did it as fact when you really have no idea. The order of events had her asking the school's permission first. This is exactly what I tell my kids to do when they want to break a school rule that seems unjust.

And then you freak out over a suggestion that Rosa Parks was not totally on the up and up. For all you know she did it so she'd be in the history books. :lol:

but rosa park just wanted to be famous for 15 ceuturies show off :eusa_eh::eusa_whistle:

And, I'm pleased to witness the death of School District Sponsored Dances (proms) or whatever the hell stupid crap is leftover from 1955 that has no business being the business of Public Schools.

I only wish Rug Munchers and their Dyke friends would try-out for Football. Then we could eliminate that stupidity also. I wish all Band Members would come out of the fucking closet, so we could eliminate that bullshit too.

Man. I thought I had a rough time in high school. You are apparently scarred for life.

Man. I thought I had a rough time in high school. You are apparently scarred for life.

You probably only had to sit in the bleachers and eat popcorn.

I helped run the circus.

I helped run the circus.

You tell em samson, i to mad.

I was actually the mascot for half the football games. Me and this other guy in marching band rotated. It was a giant bear suit. Hot as fuck. But as a mascot I got to ride to the game with the cheerleading squad instead of the band, so that was definitley rad. Never got me any, though. Drugs and alcohol did a better job of that.

Please site your source.
It was posted to you in the other thread, but apparently you only believe what you want to believe. The school turned her down before she went to the ACLU.

Bennett said she is preparing to take the case to trial. McMillen has asked the judge to declare the board's actions unconstitutional and award her $1 in damages plus court costs.
Judge: Lesbian student's rights violated - USATODAY.com

Even though your attitude makes it difficult, I was all prepared to apologize and change my mind on the case, until I got to the following: "Gay Miss. teen gets $30,000 on 'Ellen'"

Yeah, right, it's not about money. It's about money AND fame. She's not dumb.

Because she knew Ellen would give her a scholarship. :lol:

Or maybe she did it to stand up for herself and her beliefs, and not let people get away with treating her like a second class citizen. Would you sit back and let someone violate your constitutionals rights? I doubt it.

I was actually the mascot for half the football games. Me and this other guy in marching band rotated. It was a giant bear suit. Hot as fuck. But as a mascot I got to ride to the game with the cheerleading squad instead of the band, so that was definitley rad. Never got me any, though. Drugs and alcohol did a better job of that.

I was a VP.

During Summer School.

When I also Taught.

Running the Circus gives you a totally different perspective than buying a ticket to get in.

If people knew how much it cost to train, equip, and transport the freaking bands, mascots, and cheerleaders of USA Public High Schools, they'd shit.

Last edited:

True.

YOu obviously didn't know anyone in band, not a lot of gay people from what I have seen. For one we used to buy pot from the band kids, and most of them were a hell of a lot more interesting than the football players. And everyone from my class who has come out has been either on the football team or the track team.

I was a VP.

During Summer School.

When I also Taught.

Running the Circus gives you a totally different perspective than buying a ticket to get in.

If people knew how much it cost to train, equip, and transport the freaking bands, mascots, and cheerleaders of USA Public High Schools, they'd shit.

So?

I guess we should not provide a well rounded education for our children.

Are you joking? Why do you hate gays?

I don't, never have....why do you think I do?

Uhh, because you don't think closing down an entire prom to keep a couple of lesbians from attending is bigoted. Duh?

No, the prom was closed down to avoid a lawsuit.....different reason entirely.

They were french kissing, feeling each other in inappropriate places, my cousin and her family left because of their behavior. I hate myself now because I ignored it at the time when if it was two heterosexuals, I would have told them to "get a room".
Who fucking cares?

It was a family affair, there were children there and their behavior was inappropriate. As a mom, I care. And right now I feel like calling you a perve because you think such behavior is appropriate in front of CHILDREN.

And by the way, I have gay friends
Of course you do. Its practically a rule that to be a bigot you have to have a few token friends who are from the group that is the object of your bigotry. Everyone who hates blacks, for instance, has a black friend. Its a physical law of nature.

Yes of course, anybody not in favor of suing the school at the first opportunity is a bigot...

Forum List

Back