More on the prom canceling

Apparently, only the people who elected the Itabawa County School Board care.

And the real question here is should local government be able to respond to the demands of local people and their local moral code.

Unlike Being Black, you must actually BEHAVE Queer IN PUBLIC to get people's attention. Despite what the ACLU would argue (that being Queer is a Right of Free Expression), accptable behaviour is a Local Cultural Norm, and local people have the right to plan activities during which individuals may not engage in certain behaviour.

I believe this girl and her date are local too.

Yeah, they probably would lose an election.

You recall what an election is?

Individuals "Vote"....whatever gets the most votes....

:eusa_eh:

meh......nevermind......you wouldn't understand the rest.

Do you recall what the Bill of Rights is?

I'm bummed. It's been so long since my non-homecoming I honestly can't remember if satellite was available to the masses yet.

I somehow became a fossil! How did this happen?

morality of this nature should not be legislated.......there are more important things to worry about than two girls going to the prom....

Maybe in your opinion.

But, in Itabawa Co, MS they take the issue seriously.

If you had elected School Board Members to enforce a rule you believed was alligned with your moral beliefs, wouldn't you expect them to do their job?

Or would you just say, "Oh, just fuck it: Ellen doesn't approve of my moral standards, so I guess I'm a dumb ass?"

I'm sure that worked with the Little Rock School Board too.

What "worked?"

Are you implying that The Little Rock School Board calls up Ellen Degeneres whenever they have a Moral Dilemma?

:lol:

Maybe in your opinion.

But, in Itabawa Co, MS they take the issue seriously.

If you had elected School Board Members to enforce a rule you believed was alligned with your moral beliefs, wouldn't you expect them to do their job?

Or would you just say, "Oh, just fuck it: Ellen doesn't approve of my moral standards, so I guess I'm a dumb ass?"

What "worked?"

Are you implying that The Little Rock School Board calls up Ellen Degeneres whenever they have a Moral Dilemma?

The think what he's saying is the people of Little Rock elected a school board, one time, to keep blacks out of white schools. Their efforts failed miserably.

What "worked?"

The think what he's saying is the people of Little Rock elected a school board, one time, to keep blacks out of white schools. Their efforts failed miserably.

Yes, I know.

I'm deflecting the preposterous idea that Being Black = Being Gay

Blacks have no control over their PUBLIC skin color.

Gays have control over thier PUBLIC behaviour.

The way people BEHAVE in PUBLIC is either acceptable or not, based on local customs, morals, ethics.

The pigmentation of skin has nothing to do with local morals.

Apparently, only the people who elected the Itabawa County School Board care.

And the real question here is should local government be able to respond to the demands of local people and their local moral code.

Unlike Being Black, you must actually BEHAVE Queer IN PUBLIC to get people's attention. Despite what the ACLU would argue (that being Queer is a Right of Free Expression), accptable behaviour is a Local Cultural Norm, and local people have the right to plan activities during which individuals may not engage in certain behaviour.

So, you support majorities voting away the equal rights/civil rights of the minority....ok.

Then, if the Majority in Congress (Democrats) vote away the rights of the Minority of Americans (Republicans)...as indicated by the last election...you have no problem with that.

What "worked?"

Yes, I know.

I'm deflecting the preposterous idea that Being Black = Being Gay

The way people BEHAVE in PUBLIC is either acceptable or not, based on local customs, morals, ethics.

The pigmentation of skin has nothing to do with local morals.
I was not aware that the protection of civil rights and equality under the law was BASED on things that are not possible choices. So, religion being a choice, that isn't protected either. Koool.

Obviously, blacks can't control the color of their skin. But as you have pointed out, they can control their behavior. So if the social custom is that they aren't allowed to share water fountains with whites, thats OK then, right? After all drinking water is a behavior, not a state of being.

So, you support majorities voting away the equal rights/civil rights of the minority....ok.

Then, if the Majority in Congress (Democrats) vote away the rights of the Minority of Americans (Republicans)...as indicated by the last election...you have no problem with that.

I respect the law, or Rule, or statute as it is Written by a Majority of Representatives' Votes, whether I, personnally agree with it or not.

I don't support laws that discriminate against a person's belief, or physical characteristics.

I DO think laws should support acceptable PUBLIC behaviour.

Homosexuals are only identifiable if they BEHAVE like a homosexual in PUBLIC. Therefore, PUBLIC laws should apply to them.

I respect the law, or Rule, or statute as it is Written by a Majority of Representatives' Votes, whether I, personnally agree with it or not.

I don't support laws that discriminate against a person's belief, or physical characteristics.

Homosexuals are only identifiable if they BEHAVE like a homosexual in PUBLIC. Therefore, PUBLIC laws should apply to them.

But you're fine with public hetero behavior.......

No, but I'd buy a ticket to see you in a donkey show.

You can see me with your ex girlfriend for free anytime on youtube.......

A public school cannot make a rule violating someone's 1st or 14th amendment rights.

I can see you don't know how the south works.

Is Queerness at High School Proms any more acceptable in New Jersey?

624A.jpg

:scared1:

You can see me with your ex girlfriend for free anytime on youtube.......

I wouldn't expect to pay to see your 20 second performance.

So at first you want to buy a ticket to see me with your ex and now you wouldn't pay to see her with a real dick in her mouth. Nice to see your double standards aren't limited to politics.

Forum List

Back