More on the prom canceling

how about she is a student and she has the same right to go to the prom and wear what she wants the same as any other student.....

Sure.

Now she has the right NOT to go to the prom; same as any other student.

I'm sure $30,000, and a trip to NYC to meet other Bull Dykes will help her through the pain of not "slapping clams" at a High School Prom.

i am sure she will get a lot more than 30k for her pain and suffering.....she strikes me more of a lipstick than a bull.....

Well, that would explain Ellen's interest in her......:eusa_whistle:

Sueing a School District is almost impossible unless a bus driver parks on RR Tracks...if anything they'll simply be ordered to change the rule.

Sure.

I'm sure $30,000, and a trip to NYC to meet other Bull Dykes will help her through the pain of not "slapping clams" at a High School Prom.

i am sure she will get a lot more than 30k for her pain and suffering.....she strikes me more of a lipstick than a bull.....

Sueing a School District is almost impossible unless a bus driver parks on RR Tracks...if anything they'll simply be ordered to change the rule.

the will sue all the people individually and there will be an out of court settlement, a book and an afterschool special.....

who cares if two girls want to go to the prom together....

the will sue all the people individually and there will be an out of court settlement, a book and an afterschool special.....

Obviously the school, Samson, and Froggy do. ;)

And Samson really needs to learn his lesbians terms. :lol:

Apparently, only the people who elected the Itabawa County School Board care.

And the real question here is should local government be able to respond to the demands of local people and their local moral code.

Unlike Being Black, you must actually BEHAVE Queer IN PUBLIC to get people's attention. Despite what the ACLU would argue (that being Queer is a Right of Free Expression), accptable behaviour is a Local Cultural Norm, and local people have the right to plan activities during which individuals may not engage in certain behaviour.

And the real question here is should local government be able to respond to the demands of local people and their local moral code.

Unlike Being Black, you must actually BEHAVE Queer IN PUBLIC to get people's attention. Despite what the ACLU would argue (that being Queer is a Right of Free Expression), accptable behaviour is a Local Cultural Norm, and local people have the right to plan activities during which individuals may not engage in certain behaviour.

morality of this nature should not be legislated.......there are more important things to worry about than two girls going to the prom....

morality of this nature should not be legislated.......there are more important things to worry about than two girls going to the prom....

Maybe in your opinion.

But, in Itabawa Co, MS they take the issue seriously.

If you had elected School Board Members to enforce a rule you believed was alligned with your moral beliefs, wouldn't you expect them to do their job?

Or would you just say, "Oh, just fuck it: Ellen doesn't approve of my moral standards, so I guess I'm a dumb ass?"

Maybe in your opinion.

If you had elected School Board Members to enforce a rule you believed was alligned with your moral beliefs, wouldn't you expect them to do their job?

Or would you just say, "Oh, just fuck it: Ellen doesn't approve of my moral standards, so I guess I'm a dumb ass?"

A public school cannot make a rule violating someone's 1st or 14th amendment rights.

how about she is a student and she has the same right to go to the prom and wear what she wants the same as any other student.....

Sure.

Ooo. Tell us more about your knowledge of gay women and their catagories.

agreed

The other choice was a lawsuit by the ACLU, I don't blame them for canceling the prom, given the circumstances I would too. She is responsible for the prom being canceled. Heck she planned it, did you not read that she went to them in December and again in February, she wanted to make darn good and sure they knew she was gonna wear a tux and bring a female date which was against the school rules. Then she's surprised that after getting an ACLU lawyer to sue the school district for her, they cancel the prom?

That's like me not wanting people to come to my barbecue who use foul language and being sued by the ACLU for infringing on their right to free speech. I'd just cancel the barbecue.

no its not you cannot freedom of speech does not mean you can say anything you want sure people can swere but its impolite, the problem is the judge said the school did voiltion of her first amendment rights

Such a big deal? like an 18 year needs more stress fighiting school getting hate from school for her rights to be know well enough? demands she ask to bring her gf and wear a tux what kind of bank robbery is this? Of course someone like you need to put spin on it and make the girl fault. for some stupid reason.

And public schools will never cancel another prom to prevent gay couples from attending ever again.

oh i am sure they be careuflly and covering there butt's over this the only reason the judge did not order the prom back cause of the fact there a PRIVATE PROM.

Actually, I think that's the end of Proms for this school, and other schools as well. It only takes one to ruin it for everybody, and yes, because all the schools will be carefully covering their butts. The easiest way being to cancel the proms.

You think proms are a thing of the past?
No more proms forever?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOO)LOLOKLOOL:LOOLOLO:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sure.

thanks for asking.....

I believe this girl and her date are local too.

Maybe in your opinion.

I'm sure that worked with the Little Rock School Board too.

Sure.

Yes, and please include pics.

BUt their rights don't matter to Samson, only the rights of the majority do.

The year I was named homecoming queen, our superintendent cancelled homecoming.

True story. He didn't like me, so AFTER the classes voted on homecoming king and queen and a day before the dance was scheduled, he canceled it. No explanation, nothing.

I wish to hell somebody had given me $30,000.

The year I was named homecoming queen, our superintendent cancelled homecoming.

True story. He didn't like me, so AFTER the classes voted on homecoming king and queen and a day before the dance was scheduled, he canceled it. No explanation, nothing.

I wish to hell somebody had given me $30,000.

Ellen didn't have a show then.

Was there even television then? :D

Yeah, they probably would lose an election.

You recall what an election is?

Individuals "Vote"....whatever gets the most votes....

:eusa_eh:

meh......nevermind......you wouldn't understand the rest.

Not much. We didn't have it in my house at that time, and even people who did have it didn't have many channels. Satellite was a new thing.

Forum List

Back