MORE Missouri Constitutional Amendments in November...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Start boning up now, because these run the gamut from extremely contentious to downright tedious.

Four more amendments will be decided in November:

• Amendment 2 - Renders prior criminal acts admissible in court during child sexual abuse trials

• Amendment 3 - Implements performance evaluation for teachers tied to pay, raises, etc.

• Amendment 6 - Establishes a six-day long early voting period

• Amendment 10 - Prohibits the governor from estimating available state revenues when making budget recommendations under certain legislative circumstances
Links go to Ballotpedia...Missouri 2014 ballot measures - Ballotpedia

I don't know about you, but I already have Constitutional Amendment Fatigue.

Hi [MENTION=11800]Missourian[/MENTION]
instead of passing more and more legislation to regulate each and every application,
I would like to see general amendments that address root problems at the source.

1. Why not have an amendment that where the state provides for criminal defense or counsel, then the defendant agrees to comply with authorities, disclose ALL information, and work WITH the state and the crime victims to ensure due process and justice is served not obstructed. so if you want your defense paid for, you can't obstruct justice or due process by withholding information, especially not lying. If the attorneys are caught withholding or lying to obstruct justice and deny due process, both them and their clients should automatically lose citizenship. if you want those rights, they must be respected for others; but no more tolerance or reward for abusing rights at the expense of others rights.

2. Why not agree to interpret the second amendment where people means law abiding citizens. And write out laws and regulations by agreement, not coercion and political force

3. Why not agree that differences in political beliefs or religions require a consensus on laws or separate policies to prevent infringement, imposition or discrimination on the basis of creed or religious views? if the first and fourteenth amendment are not already strong enough to prevent bullying and forcing one political or religious view over others, why not write out an amendment or process for dealing with political beliefs by conflict resolution and mediation to form a consensus on policy?

if we addressed the root causes of conflict, then we wouldn't waste time or resources fighting over related or subsequent legislation, legal or political conflicts that could be prevented.

Start boning up now, because these run the gamut from extremely contentious to downright tedious.

Four more amendments will be decided in November:

• Amendment 2 - Renders prior criminal acts admissible in court during child sexual abuse trials

• Amendment 3 - Implements performance evaluation for teachers tied to pay, raises, etc.

• Amendment 6 - Establishes a six-day long early voting period

• Amendment 10 - Prohibits the governor from estimating available state revenues when making budget recommendations under certain legislative circumstances
Links go to Ballotpedia...Missouri 2014 ballot measures - Ballotpedia

I don't know about you, but I already have Constitutional Amendment Fatigue.

Forum List

Back