More Gun Safety In Washington State

Under this bill...

1. Gun owners can now be CRIMINALLY charged if someone else takes their gun without permission.

2. Enhanced background checks and longer waiting periods, holds of up to 30 days, creation of a state background check system. The burden for this bureaucratic nightmare falls on local law enforcement to process, no funding for it shocker.

3. You must now be age 21 to purchase a semiautomatic rifle. The bill claims "the brain is not fully mature until age 21", seriously the bill says that.

4. You must now have a concealed carry permit to purchase a handgun, more road blocks to our 2nd amendment rights.

5. Vague gun storage laws that make gun owners subject to CRIMINAL prosecution if they do not store guns in their home as government dictates.

6. Gathers massive amounts of documentation about the gun purchaser, in triplicate.

Yes and it's now law in my state.

I'm doing my happy dance along with millions of other sane people in my state.

The people voted for it by a large margin. It passed with 60% approval.

When you take the decision out of the hands of bribed politicians, the people pass good gun safety laws.

I voted with the majority.

Another good law that was on the ballot this year was proper training for police so they will have more ways to stop shooting innocent people. More training to resolve situations without the use of guns. The use of deadly force will decrease and it will be much easier to prosecute police for killing an innocent person in Washington now. That initiative easily passed too with 60% of the people voting for it. I voted for it.

It shows that the people are sick and tired of police not being prosecuted when they kill an innocent person and that we're sick and tired of no proper gun safety laws. We enacted it ourselves so the nra couldn't bribe any politician to stop it.

Initiative 940, modifying law regulating police use of deadly force, passes with strong support

What is a proper gun safety law? Why can't you answer the question?

I already did. Just because you ignore it doesn't mean I didn't post it.

What about what I posted won't help with gun safety?

It will be much more safer for criminals. They can break in anywhere, knowing the residents will have to go through a 5 minute process to get to their weapons.

The population on the west side supports the east side. They don't have enough people to properly support themselves.

^^^ don't listen to this liberal puke's lies, Eastern Washington state is an agricultural powerhouse and guess where liberal puke Western Washington gets its cheap hydroelectric power...yeah Eastern Washington, we flip the switch to OFF and those snowflakes would come unglued.

She is wrong, the tunnel which is several years late is funded by the state. A tunnel that most people in central, and western Washington will never use and if they do they will have to pay a toll.

You have the light rail project and the federal government has pitched in and they federal government has also promised 1.2 billion more to have the light rail run up to Lynnwood.

So her claim that the Seattle area supports its self and the Central and East side of the state is more arrogance and lies.

Portland has spent BILLIONS on its failed light rail system, meanwhile its a 20 mile traffic jam in all directions daily.

Portland is terrible for traffic, Seattle is terrible and them being so called liberal, why is it that they don't all use mass transit to go to and from work? Doesn't that reduce the carbon footprint? It seems they don't practice what they preach.

She was spewing nonsense about homeless people and how Seattle took care of homeless unlike smaller Washington towns like Centralia, Aberdeen, Longview ect... I have never seen homeless people when I was in any of those towns however riding Amtrak out of Seattle, the rails are lined with tents and sleeping bafgs with homeless people. She is very selective in what she chooses to see.

The population on the west side supports the east side. They don't have enough people to properly support themselves.

^^^ don't listen to this liberal puke's lies, Eastern Washington state is an agricultural powerhouse and guess where liberal puke Western Washington gets its cheap hydroelectric power...yeah Eastern Washington, we flip the switch to OFF and those snowflakes would come unglued.

She is wrong, the tunnel which is several years late is funded by the state. A tunnel that most people in central, and western Washington will never use and if they do they will have to pay a toll.

You have the light rail project and the federal government has pitched in and they federal government has also promised 1.2 billion more to have the light rail run up to Lynnwood.

So her claim that the Seattle area supports its self and the Central and East side of the state is more arrogance and lies.

Portland has spent BILLIONS on its failed light rail system, meanwhile its a 20 mile traffic jam in all directions daily.

Portland is terrible for traffic, Seattle is terrible and them being so called liberal, why is it that they don't all use mass transit to go to and from work? Doesn't that reduce the carbon footprint? It seems they don't practice what they preach.

She was spewing nonsense about homeless people and how Seattle took care of homeless unlike smaller Washington towns like Centralia, Aberdeen, Longview ect... I have never seen homeless people when I was in any of those towns however riding Amtrak out of Seattle, the rails are lined with tents and sleeping bafgs with homeless people. She is very selective in what she chooses to see.

This is liberal idiocy in action. By refusing to expand existing freeways or build new ones as the population has doubled, then doubled again liberals think they can FORCE people to use mass transit with daily 20 to 40 mile long traffic jams. While you are stuck in stop and go traffic you can watch Portland's light rail trains running around half empty.

Liberal policies are so popular they have to punish people to OBEY.

This is liberal idiocy in action. By refusing to expand existing freeways or build new ones as the population has doubled, then doubled again liberals think they can FORCE people to use mass transit with daily 20 to 40 mile long traffic jams. While you are stuck in stop and go traffic you can watch Portland's light rail trains running around half empty.

Their policy is for everyone else to abide by not them.

Their policy is for everyone else to abide by not them.

Isn't that the truth.

Under this bill...

1. Gun owners can now be CRIMINALLY charged if someone else takes their gun without permission.

2. Enhanced background checks and longer waiting periods, holds of up to 30 days, creation of a state background check system. The burden for this bureaucratic nightmare falls on local law enforcement to process, no funding for it shocker.

3. You must now be age 21 to purchase a semiautomatic rifle. The bill claims "the brain is not fully mature until age 21", seriously the bill says that.

4. You must now have a concealed carry permit to purchase a handgun, more road blocks to our 2nd amendment rights.

5. Vague gun storage laws that make gun owners subject to CRIMINAL prosecution if they do not store guns in their home as government dictates.

6. Gathers massive amounts of documentation about the gun purchaser, in triplicate.

Yes and it's now law in my state.

I'm doing my happy dance along with millions of other sane people in my state.

The people voted for it by a large margin. It passed with 60% approval.

When you take the decision out of the hands of bribed politicians, the people pass good gun safety laws.

I voted with the majority.

Another good law that was on the ballot this year was proper training for police so they will have more ways to stop shooting innocent people. More training to resolve situations without the use of guns. The use of deadly force will decrease and it will be much easier to prosecute police for killing an innocent person in Washington now. That initiative easily passed too with 60% of the people voting for it. I voted for it.

It shows that the people are sick and tired of police not being prosecuted when they kill an innocent person and that we're sick and tired of no proper gun safety laws. We enacted it ourselves so the nra couldn't bribe any politician to stop it.

Initiative 940, modifying law regulating police use of deadly force, passes with strong support

What is a proper gun safety law? Why can't you answer the question?

I already did. Just because you ignore it doesn't mean I didn't post it.

What about what I posted won't help with gun safety?

A gun in a locked container, unloaded, is like keeping your toilet paper under the kitchen sink!

I wonder if the supporters of those conservative politicians will all of a sudden change their tune and support gun safety. Or will they turn on those politicians calling them traitors or rinos?

The latter. I refused to vote for Rick Scott because as his last act as governor he infringed on the 2nd Amendment.

I hated what Scott did. I even wrote him and told him he was an asshole for signing that stupid bill.

However, there was such a big disparity between him and that idiot Nelson that I held my nose and voted for him.

I don’t see a significant difference between the two.

I hope Rick Scott ends up losing by my one vote.

Lets see if we get the same result here in Texas.

:laughing0301:

I am glad this is being done on a state level. We can go ahead and repeal all federal gun laws.

I'm hopeful that Texas is willing to pass some proper gun safety laws.

It looks like the only way it's going to be done is on the state level which leaves a patchwork of different laws all over the nation.

Like marijuana laws.

I don't think that's a good thing. Some states will be more safe than others but it's like that now. It shouldn't be like that. Everyone in the United States should be safe.

If it is a state issue as you claim it is, then why do you care what another state's citizens do?

Also what proof do you have that it will make us any safer?

Because I care about innocent people.

It's not a blue or red situation with me. It's an American thing with me. I want all of my fellow Americans to be safe from being mowed down by some crazy person with a gun.

It's a simple as that.

Look at the state of Massachusetts. They have some of the most strict gun safety laws in the nation. They also have the lowest rate of gun deaths in the nation. I give mitt Romney credit, he signed legislation to ban assault weapons in Massachusetts when he was the governor in 2004. I wouldn't be surprised if you supported him. They've taken several other steps in gun safety that have obviously worked.

Are Massachusetts Gun Laws a Model for the Country?

Now, tell me how people aren't safer with good gun safety laws.

The way to keep somebody you care about not getting "mowed down by a gun" is to convince them stay out of these big city Democrat controlled shitholes with stringent gun control laws because there is where most of the gun crime in the US happens.
Just to name a few... The slaughter can occur anywhere.
Thousand Oaks
Parkland
Santa Fe
Sutherland Springs
Sandy Hook
Columbine

Every time a gun safety law is on the ballot here in Washington the people overwhelmingly vote to approve it.

This time it's a far reaching law. Including regulation on semi automatic weapons.

When the issue is taken out of the hands of politicians the people of my state overwhelmingly pass proper gun safety laws.

So when it's taken away from a politician who is bribed by the nra, we get proper gun safety laws.

Washington state voters pass ballot measure to further regulate guns, including semi-automatic rifles

LOL, a Progressive state reveals what everyone else will do.
Where do you stupid come from?

Change the culture, the guns are inanimate objects.

Life is and keeps getting cheaper, change the culture. Guns have been around for over 200 years, mass shootings didn’t really get a start until the 70’s. The shooting are a symptom of a deeper problem in America. Go after the cause, masking the symptom does nothing.

Every time a gun safety law is on the ballot here in Washington the people overwhelmingly vote to approve it.

This time it's a far reaching law. Including regulation on semi automatic weapons.

When the issue is taken out of the hands of politicians the people of my state overwhelmingly pass proper gun safety laws.

So when it's taken away from a politician who is bribed by the nra, we get proper gun safety laws.

Washington state voters pass ballot measure to further regulate guns, including semi-automatic rifles

LOL, a Progressive state reveals what everyone else will do.
Where do you stupid come from?

The new regulations are being challenged and there are several that are suing the state of Washington.

Thewii S R mmm eidd ther the rrun Aa. MiemmezUuEE

I wonder if the supporters of those conservative politicians will all of a sudden change their tune and support gun safety. Or will they turn on those politicians calling them traitors or rinos?

The latter. I refused to vote for Rick Scott because as his last act as governor he infringed on the 2nd Amendment.

I hated what Scott did. I even wrote him and told him he was an asshole for signing that stupid bill.

However, there was such a big disparity between him and that idiot Nelson that I held my nose and voted for him.
"There is a recognition that Second Amendment rights, like First Amendment and other rights, come with responsibilities and limitations. There is no reason both sides of the gun debate can't support policies that both protect the right to legally own guns for sport and safety, and reduce the likelihood of mass fatalities."
Randi Weingarten

Under this bill...

/——/ Regarding #3. Do libs say you now need to be 21 to vote?

You commiecrats would vote yourself into reeducation camps if you master told you to. Pathetic.

Wouldn't it just be easier to pass a law against killing people?

Thewii S R mmm eidd ther the rrun Aa. MiemmezUuEE

"There is a recognition that Second Amendment rights, like First Amendment and other rights, come with responsibilities and limitations. There is no reason both sides of the gun debate can't support policies that both protect the right to legally own guns for sport and safety, and reduce the likelihood of mass fatalities."
Randi Weingarten

Fuck the Liberal definition "responsibilities and limitations". A stupid hateful Liberal's definition of those and mine are very different.

For instance, in New York State the filthy Liberals confiscated the firearms of a guy for seeing a doctor about insomnia. The requirement to report him and the warrant to size his weapons were all under the SAFE Act, which was touted by the lyingLiberals as "reasonable gun control".

The Democrat assholes in DC said that under the definition of being "reasonable" that nobody in DC could have a handgun.

I don't trust Liberals to define my Constitutional rights because they always get it wrong. Their agenda is not public safety but to take the ability of non Marxist to oppose the far Left government that they want to impose on the US.

Under this bill...

/——/ Regarding #3. Do libs say you now need to be 21 to vote?

But but but...but...lib huddle :huddle::lalala:

Good thing for us ... Joe Six-Pack doesn't write legislation, elected legislators do that.

Good thing for us ... Joe Six-Pack doesn't write legislation, elected legislators do that.

Not in my state. We don't have to wait for a politician to write legislation that's needed.

Anyone can write a bill, put together a petition and get signatures to get an initiative on the ballot.

It doesn't take an elected legislator in my state to get a law passed.

We have the ballot initiative process so anyone who wants to write a law can, they just need enough valid signatures on that petition to get the issue on the ballot.

I've never written one but I've signed countless petitions in my life. Most don't make it to the ballot but some do.

Gun safety is a very big issue with people. We aren't waiting for our politicians to enact proper safety regulations. We did it ourselves.

As I said, when we take the issue out of the hands of bribed politicians, we get gun safety laws.

Forum List

Back