More feet dragging by the Ford

She was given till 10 a.m. tomorrow to say she would appear....she said no. They should hold the vote.

The way I heard it (on the Medved show) she said she would testify if the Senate met her terms which is to guarantee her safety, and a fair hearing. WTF a fair hearing is in her opinion, I have no idea. But something tells me her lawyer will make the claim the Senate didn't agree to her terms.......as if she is in the position to make them.

apparently a fair hearing is one where the accused has to testify prior to hearing the charges and cannot face his accuser

Exactly, so she knows how to lie about it.

She sent the letter in July. She knew what was coming.

You mean, the letter that was anonymous and not supposed to be released to the public?
An anonymous letter making serious charges is not admissible before the Senate or any Court. Her name would have to come out at any rate.

Kavanaugh has a right to face his accuser in such a setting. Hell, in any setting.

Ford lawyers say she is open to testifying, but not Mondayhttps://www.cnn.com/2018/09/20/politics/christine-blasey-ford-brett-kavanaugh-testimony/index.html

What a load of crap...keep stalling hoping to move it past the election.

Every day it is more obvious she is full of shot

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

The woman has had her life turned upside down in a matter of days, and you're bitching that she won't hurry up and fly across the country to get in front of cameras? How the hell did humans take over the earth when most are so fucking stupid?
by not falling for bullshit like this for what, a 5th time?

Ford lawyers say she is open to testifying, but not Mondayhttps://www.cnn.com/2018/09/20/politics/christine-blasey-ford-brett-kavanaugh-testimony/index.html

The woman has had her life turned upside down in a matter of days, and you're bitching that she won't hurry up and fly across the country to get in front of cameras? How the hell did humans take over the earth when most are so fucking stupid?

i suspect it will be stupid political games like this that will keep democrats from taking over the earth. Or at least the country.

How ever, if you want to really know how we took over the planet, we like to screw. All of us, we've had a lot of children. and they had a lot of children etc

Last edited:

i suspect it will be stupid political games like this that will keep democrats from taking over the earth. Or at least the country.

How ever, if you want to really know how we took over the planet, we like to screw. All we've had a lot of children. and they had a lot of children etc

It was not the screwing that did it, it was the opposable thumbs!

How ever, if you want to really know how we took over the planet, we like to screw. All we've had a lot of children. and they had a lot of children etc

Maybe. But that’s not as fun

Maybe. But that’s not as fun

Very true!

/——/ She did it to herself. She said she didn’t want to come forward but did anyway.

if never supposed to go public it would take more than 2 days to get all her "proof" together.

Exactly.
AND since her shit was together at the drop of a hat, it was all premeditated and going according to plan.

well, til no one believed her and her facts fuzzier than 5 year old cheese mold in the fridge.

I don’t think they care if everyone believes her. I think what they are doing is two fold:

1) trying to delay the vote until after the election or at least until the new court session starts or if that fails force the republicans to shut down this circus and then they scream republicans support rape and hate women for their midterm campaign.

2) they are laying the foundation for impeaching Kavanaugh if they can get power back

Well its time for her to shit or get off the damned pot.

This happened 36 years ago and its a he said she said. No way to prove who is right and who is wrong.

Grassly needs to take the vote. Get Kav approved and seat him on the SC.

if never supposed to go public it would take more than 2 days to get all her "proof" together.

Exactly.
AND since her shit was together at the drop of a hat, it was all premeditated and going according to plan.

well, til no one believed her and her facts fuzzier than 5 year old cheese mold in the fridge.

I don’t think they care if everyone believes her. I think what they are doing is two fold:

1) trying to delay the vote until after the election or at least until the new court session starts or if that fails force the republicans to shut down this circus and then they scream republicans support rape and hate women for their midterm campaign.

2) they are laying the foundation for impeaching Kavanaugh if they can get power back
which is why we need to prosecute liars in this regard. if there is no penalty for this, it will continue to be used as a political tactic.

Exactly.

which is why we need to prosecute liars in this regard. if there is no penalty for this, it will continue to be used as a political tactic.

That’s what so devious about it. She never actually filed a report. So she hasn’t technically filed a false claim. If she doesn’t testify, which I think they are setting it up so she doesn’t, I don’t think the law can touch her

Exactly.

That’s what so devious about it. She never actually filed a report. So she hasn’t technically filed a false claim. If she doesn’t testify, which I think they are setting it up so she doesn’t, I don’t think the law can touch her

Exactly. Unless there is a falsehood in a sworn statement, or under oath, then lying isn't a crime.

However, lying can be a part of another overt criminal act, say fraud if the lie is used for material gain.

That's how they can pass so called "Stolen Valor" laws, because they only concern material gain based on falsehoods, not just falsehoods themselves.

Exactly. Unless there is a falsehood in a sworn statement, or under oath, then lying isn't a crime.

However, lying can be a part of another overt criminal act, say fraud if the lie is used for material gain.

That's how they can pass so called "Stolen Valor" laws, because they only concern material gain based on falsehoods, not just falsehoods themselves.

The problem is they have to pass individual laws specifically addressing fake rape claims. And I’m not sure I’m comfortable with that. I mean how do you know if the claim is fake rather than just someone who was legitimately attacked but doesn’t have the evidence to prove their case?

She’s the one that brought the issue to the attention and offered the testimony.

But after the threats on her and her families lives and ultimatums issues by US Senators, she realized she had underestimated the right wing freak show that is conservative America and called for the FBI to do an investigation first.

Congratulations you and your wife are now part of the freak show.

The problem is they have to pass individual laws specifically addressing fake rape claims. And I’m not sure I’m comfortable with that. I mean how do you know if the claim is fake rather than just someone who was legitimately attacked but doesn’t have the evidence to prove their case?

That's why you really only can punish them as generic false reports when it comes to a police report, and as perjury if it is part of testimony in court.

It's not a perfect system, but it's how the criminal system works.

Of course the harmed party can sue the person for libel or slander, but both are really difficult to prove, even with the lower burdens of proof found in civil proceedings.

Forum List

Back