More Economic GOOD NEWS: Unemployment falls

1. Return all unspent Stimulus Funds
2. 25% across the board tax cuts
3. No Capital Gains tax on any business less that 5 years old
4. Repeal ObamaCare, replace with Whole Foods Care
5. Abandon Obama's Stress Test for Bank Capital
6. Obama retires, Congress takes 2 years off

You have to pay for your tax cuts. The CBO scores them based on how much less revenue will be collected.

No deficit spending.

And that's the fallacy of Keynsianism. Tax cuts actually lead to increased tax revenues due to economic growth. But if you insist on tax cuts being paid for, let's cut spending and the size & scope of government. Much of what the government does is waste money for a net negative impact on the economy.

Cutting taxes and increasing spending does not stimulate the economy. All tax cuts should be linked to equivalent cuts in spending. Trickle down has been disproven as a stimulus to economic growth

What did the discouraged workers number look like?

Bet they're higher than hell.

I'm a semi-discouraged worker, myself.

I still look for that perfect job, of course, but I'm not killing myself, because, for the time being, I'm kinda okay.

I'm actually planning on panicing in January.

And then, after that, assuming no real job (read: one suited to my skill sets) maifests, THEN I'll be into the fullblown discouraged catagory.

But I am terrible discouraged for a LOT of people, I know.

The percentage of basically unemlpoyable people in this society continues to rise as efficiencies and FREE TRADE erode the numbers and TYPES of jobs that non-skilled, modestly skilled, and formerly skilled but now redundant people can find.

Face it folks, we can't ALL be rocket scientists. And eventually even rocket scientist are going to become redundant, too, ya know?

If this society cannot find some way to give those people jobs with dignity, then this society is going down.

go to college those with a BS or more unemployment is under 5%

Cutting taxes and increasing spending does not stimulate the economy. All tax cuts should be linked to equivalent cuts in spending. Trickle down has been disproven as a stimulus to economic growth

Incorrect. Cutting taxes does stimulate the economy - if the taxes cuts are meaningful and of a lengthy duration. Gimmicks such as tax rebates and short term credits do not (as we are seeing now in the housing and auto industries as the credits have expired).

I'd be thrilled to see tax cuts linked to spending cuts. Twould be wonderful for the economy - by which I mean the productive private sector, not the trough swilling public employee cronyist version.

We need to get rid of the direct income tax... the founders warned of it's negative implications, and we are seeing them. Taxing a man on his labor is absurd and just plain wrong.

We need to get rid of the direct income tax... the founders warned of it's negative implications, and we are seeing them. Taxing a man on his labor is absurd and just plain wrong.

The government has to have some funds though to carry out its Constitutionally mandated responsibilities. So how best to fund that? I still think a flat rate on all income--not just wages--with some exemptions to promote the general welfare, is the fairest and most equitable way to do that, and everybody pays it.

Sales taxes are regressive because everybody pays the same amount, not the same percentage, so they hurt the poor far more than they hurt the rich. And a VAT is perhaps the most pervasive, most complicated to administrate, most difficult to control, and the easiest for unscrupulous politicians to manipulate.

wow get rid of the income tax, you should ask for jetson's car's while your at it.
soggy you went to Rummel right?

Forum List

Back