More Bush Bashing

He can't answer that. He says that he doesn't always agree with all his supporters point of view. Just get me the votes.

Yeah you are right Gunny. I mean the Gov't was within their right to just sit back and say fuck new orleans because the Governor screwed up. Why should the Govt jump in after days of obvious non-action taking place. I mean who ever heard of someone taking control of the problem when they see something gone wrong.

Wake up. It's common sense. Regardless of the law, the govt knew that shit was fucked up in New Orleans, and their response still sucked. It's like they sat back and said...pffft, we have no responsiblity in this. People are dying but so what, the law says its not our responsibility. I call BS. The Govt gets involved in Steroid cases right away, but when New Orleans gets flooded, who gives a shit..not our problem Why ? Because its predominately black of course.

Yeah you are right Gunny. I mean the Gov't was within their right to just sit back and say fuck new orleans because the Governor screwed up. Why should the Govt jump in after days of obvious non-action taking place. I mean who ever heard of someone taking control of the problem when they see something gone wrong.

Wake up. It's common sense. Regardless of the law, the govt knew that shit was fucked up in New Orleans, and their response still sucked. It's like they sat back and said...pffft, we have no responsiblity in this. People are dying but so what, the law says its not our responsibility. I call BS. The Govt gets involved in Steroid cases right away, but when New Orleans gets flooded, who gives a shit..not our problem Why ? Because its predominately black of course.

What ignorant pap. What we would be hearing now if Bush or the federal Government had acted without the Governors permission is that Bush is a despot and seized State power in a bid to take over.

The Army can not act unilaterally. They must be AUTHORIZED to act. That is the way it works. Anything else is anarchy and illegal. As for days, that is simply not true. The US Government was in New Orleans as fast as any other disaster just as soon as they were authorized to be there. And they would not have been there one second sooner in any case. The bridges were out, the airfields were unusuable, the roads were blocked by fallen trees and debris.

Perhaps you would care to ask the Governor why she did not place a single National Guard unit IN the city before the storm hit, instead deploying them all around her location?

Perhaps you would care to ask the mayor why he did not use School busses and City Busses to bus people out the day before the storm hit? Maybe ask him why he had no police and supplies at the Stadium when he intended to use it as a shelter? Perhaps ask him and the Governor why they did not notify FEMA and the ARMY of all shelter locations and have the police check them after the storm?

The failure was Local and State. FEMA had the materials and people in position to act after the storm. The Army could not predeploy because they were NOT asked to do so until after the storm hit. The Army even ASKED the Governor through channels if she needed them.

Has nothing to do with this topic.

You and I couldn't agree MORE on that steroid bullshit.

But DO ask your questions of former Gov Blanco. Specifically, why she refused to ask for Fed intervention before it was too late? Why the mayor of one of her cities was about as negligent as it gets in evacuating his city?

Why? Because Blanco's a foaming at the mouth rabid Dem who wasn't going to lower herself to asking a Republican President for anything.

And Katrina could have hit anywhere in the Gulf, so claiming it was because there were some blacks in NO doesn't cut it.

Does anyone in this election realize that George Bush isn't on the ballot? Maybe they should find some real issues to talk about.

It boggles my mind how so few people understand the role of the federal government when a federal disaster is declared. Bush blew it, and people still give him a pass.

It boggles my mind how so few people understand the role of the federal government when a federal disaster is declared. Bush blew it, and people still give him a pass.

It boggles my mind how few people understand the role of the State and local Government in a disaster Blanco and Nuegin blew it and Liberals STILL give them a pass.

It boggles my mind how so few people understand the role of the Fed gov't when a Federal disaster hasn't been declared yet.

The Federal disaster can't be declared until the state declares it a disaster and requests Federal relief.

Prior to the disaster, which is what is in question here, it is the states responsibility to request Federal intervention. Until that time, the Federal gov't cannot legally intervene.

The State of Louisiana and the City of New Orleans blew it at the highly incompetent level. And people still give THEM a pass. Hell, they reelected Nagin because he managed to pass the buck.

The problem begins with Nagin, Blanco and the inhabitants of New Orleans having that "it won't happen to us" mentality while staring at a Cat V hurricane bearing down on them.

And the reality is, because of the size of the storm and where it hit, NO amount of emergency relief effort would have been good enough even if it had been a hurricane hitting a normal city where the government and people actually do have some brains and use them. It's like you critics expect a miracle when something like this happens, and you expect it from a bureaucracy that moves slower than a snail's pace in every damned thing it does.

No. You all repeatedly ignored the timeline so you could blame the local and state governments.

Brownie messed up. He was ill-equipped to handle FEMA. He should have stuck with the show horses. That doesn't mean the State and locals did nothing wrong, but FEMA failed.

No. You all repeatedly ignored the timeline so you could blame the local and state governments.

Brownie messed up. He was ill-equipped to handle FEMA. He should have stuck with the show horses. That doesn't mean the State and locals did nothing wrong, but FEMA failed.

No, in all acutality, I did not ignore the timeline so I could blame anyone. Having been through more than a couple of hurricanes/typhoons, I have no problem understanding most of the blame goes to an unpredictable storm.

I also have no problem understanding who and how emergency precautions take place since I lived with them as part of my life for close to 10 years in Miami.

The sad truth is, if Blanco and Nagin were Republicans and the President a Democrat, y'all would be doing your damnedest to put the blame on the local and state governments. But THAT is where the preponderance of blame for doing nothing lays.

If you go by official timeline, it just damns Blanco even more. As Governor of Louisiana the direct responsibility for the citizens of her state and the implementation of emergency evacuation plan HERS. And if she can't handle it, it is her responsibility to request Federal assistance; which, she did not do until the very last minute.

The Federal government's response being slow isn't surprising, and anyone that thinks otherwise is either in denial concerning the Federal government's capabilities, naive, or both.

Brown was the scapegoat that got fed to you people screaming at the Federal government for a scapegoat. If he went, Blanco and Nagin shoul dhave preceeded him down the plank.

No, in all acutality, I did not ignore the timeline so I could blame anyone. Having been through more than a couple of hurricanes/typhoons, I have no problem understanding most of the blame goes to an unpredictable storm.

I also have no problem understanding who and how emergency precautions take place since I lived with them as part of my life for close to 10 years in Miami.

The sad truth is, if Blanco and Nagin were Republicans and the President a Democrat, y'all would be doing your damnedest to put the blame on the local and state governments. But THAT is where the preponderance of blame for doing nothing lays.

If you go by official timeline, it just damns Blanco even more. As Governor of Louisiana the direct responsibility for the citizens of her state and the implementation of emergency evacuation plan HERS. And if she can't handle it, it is her responsibility to request Federal assistance; which, she did not do until the very last minute.

The Federal government's response being slow isn't surprising, and anyone that thinks otherwise is either in denial concerning the Federal government's capabilities, naive, or both.

Brown was the scapegoat that got fed to you people screaming at the Federal government for a scapegoat. If he went, Blanco and Nagin shoul dhave preceeded him down the plank.

You're wrong. it's not a partisan thing with me. If a dem was the first president to lose a city (and one of my favorite cities, I might add), I'd be all over him too. I don't suspect though that you'd be defending a dem administration.

Partisanship aside, a better job was done responding to the Tsunami than to our own people. By the way, the disaster was declared by Saturday the 27th..

http://www.snopes.com/katrina/politics/blanco.asp

The job of FEMA is to respond in an emergency. Brownie was ill-equipped for the job and the president doing a fly by three days later and saying "you did a hell of a job brownie" was incomprehensible. He was over his head; not a scapegoat.

Like I said, they couldn't even get ice to these people. But no matters, the company that couldn't get ice to N.O. was given Walter Reed to run. I'm sure you saw what a good job they did there, as well.

Forum List

Back