More Americans identify as Independent

There is little difference between the two sides of the duopoly. The two party system is a terrible failure. When will the people realize it?
Not entirely true. The democrat party is all but monolithic, while the Republican party has open factions. The neo-cons, conservatives, RINOs, MAGAs, the Never-Trumpers... The Republican party is rather diverse, and independently minded. Even if it does contain a faction that is but a carbon copy of the Democrats...

Last edited:
Admittedly I only put so much weight in any poll, so let's just classify this as "hopeful thinking".

Independent: 43%
Republican: 27%
Democrat: 27%

Independents will usually vote for one of the two main parties depending on the candidates, but this is a very hopeful sign. As the nutters on both ends get most of the attention, America continues to weaken.

Hopefully more and more will begin to consider a strong third party.
I think you should move to the UK and stop trying to influence us in America.
Nobody trusts a person who claims to be a fence-sitter but turns out to be a Democrat supporter.

Admittedly I only put so much weight in any poll, so let's just classify this as "hopeful thinking".

Independents will usually vote for one of the two main parties depending on the candidates, but this is a very hopeful sign. As the nutters on both ends get most of the attention, America continues to weaken.

You wish you were one of them.

If that poll is anywhere near accurate then the only thing I can say is THANK GOD! Hopefully we can land some constitutionally based INDEPENDANT candidates that are versed in the original intent interpretation which includes the all important MORALITY. The RNC/DNC's RepubliCratic Duopoly Party(RCDP) are as corrupt as corrupt can get. Hopefully our American constituency has taken it in the shorts enough that they will cancel out the RCDP & start supporting constitutionally based Independent candidates(Ron Paul/Tom Jefferson types) instead of being locked into the "MY TEAM" mentality.

I don't expect you to agree with me.
Just don't try to act like you're not working for the Deep State.
The deep state is an abstraction, a fiction created to give the disaffected something at which to direct their anger.

Everyone likes to think they are an independent.

If that poll is anywhere near accurate then the only thing I can say is THANK GOD! Hopefully we can land some constitutionally based INDEPENDANT candidates that are versed in the original intent interpretation which includes the all important MORALITY. The RNC/DNC's RepubliCratic Duopoly Party(RCDP) are as corrupt as corrupt can get. Hopefully our American constituency has taken it in the shorts enough that they will cancel out the RCDP & start supporting constitutionally based Independent candidates(Ron Paul/Tom Jefferson types) instead of being locked into the "MY TEAM" mentality.
Do you think getting rid of gerrymandering would be a step in the right direction? Or campaign finance reform? Or setting up more stringent ethics rules for federal office holders?

Cuz if you do you are in agreement with Dems who passed such measures as part of HR-1. A bill blocked by Repubs.

He really thinks I'm "working for the Deep State".

Imagine going through life at that degree of paranoia.
Conspiracy theories are rampant among the cult. It helps them cope with their appalling lack of knowledge.

Do you think getting rid of gerrymandering would be a step in the right direction? Or campaign finance reform? Or setting up more stringent ethics rules for federal office holders?

Cuz if you do you are in agreement with Dems who passed such measures as part of HR-1. A bill blocked by Repubs.

The two failed parties propose all kinds of things when they know they will never pass but seem to forget about those things when they have actual control.

Let's take your last one. When Democrats had full control with Obama they did restrict insider trading by elected officials. Then after patting each other on the back, quickly rescinded those restrictions.

Via the Ops article it doesnt matter. 45% lean GOP versus 43% lean DNC.

Hasnt been a real 3rd party for POTUS since Yoda.

I'm not sure why they even bother with a poll. This data can be collated from voter registration records. Maybe a poll was just a faster approach.

These results do align with more thorough assessments based on the aforementioned records, which have been showing for the past several years this same pattern of about a quarter of voters being registered by each of the two major parties, and about half of the rest being unaffiliated or minor parties. While being independent doesn't necessarily mean moderate or centrist, some Democrats and Republicans are themselves moderates. I think this illustrates that a centrist moderate party would be able to dominate American politics for decades, if only the politicians had the courage to coalesce and behave like adults.

Forum List

Back