Moody's Cuts U.S. Banking System To Negative

Thunk

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2019
Minnesota
Moody's cuts outlook on U.S. banking system to negative, citing 'rapidly deteriorating operating environment'

Moody's Investors Service cut its view on the entire banking system to negative from stable.

The big three rating firm cited a "'rapidly deteriorating operating environment" despite regulators' efforts to shore up the industry.

Moody's cuts outlook on U.S. banking system to negative, citing 'rapidly deteriorating operating environment'

biden2.jpg

Gee thanks Moody's. Timing is everything. Also banks are suppose to undergo what they term stress tests a couple times a year. Regulators either didn't do the tests or blindly followed what the bank told them. Moody's rating was four steps ABOVE where this bank belonged even before the meltdown. Someone might want to mention the 500 bank closures since 2009. We only hear about the ones that happen near us or the big ones.

Gee thanks Moody's. Timing is everything. Also banks are suppose to undergo what they term stress tests a couple times a year. Regulators either didn't do the tests or blindly followed what the bank told them. Moody's rating was four steps ABOVE where this bank belonged even before the meltdown. Someone might want to mention the 500 bank closures since 2009. We only hear about the ones that happen near us or the big ones.
My understanding is that the regulators were aware of the potential problem late last year and failed to act on what they knew.

Moody's Investors Service cut its view on the entire banking system to negative from stable.

The big three rating firm cited a "'rapidly deteriorating operating environment" despite regulators' efforts to shore up the industry.

View attachment 765809

Joe Biden's Amerika!

Solid post.

We could lose the global reserve currency status.

This is bad! Really REALLY bad!

What are people going to run to - Bitcoin? The RMB?

I do expect some hedging to things like the Yen, RMB, Euro, but I don't think this downgrade alone would do it. What worries me more is the debt ceiling, but now in addition to this, the bailout is basically a form of quantitative easing, as we are using Fed money to keep conditions loose -- not for individual lowlifes like me, but for fucking multimillionaire venture capitalists. We're bailing out rich people at a time when inflation is hardly tamed. That effectively does put more pressure on the credibility of our financial system.

What are people going to run to - Bitcoin? The RMB?

I do expect some hedging to things like the Yen, RMB, Euro, but I don't think this downgrade alone would do it. What worries me more is the debt ceiling, but now in addition to this, the bailout is basically a form of quantitative easing, as we are using Fed money to keep conditions loose -- not for individual lowlifes like me, but for fucking multimillionaire venture capitalists. We're bailing out rich people at a time when inflation is hardly tamed. That effectively does put more pressure on the credibility of our financial system.
Ironically, bitcoin is up big today. Obiviously an even MORE unregulated industry is the answer. Duh

Forum List

Back