Monsters and Men: The Vile Elixir of Race In Politics and In The Courtroom

Both sides went out of their way to make the other guy as stereotypical as possible. Zimmerman was painted as a racist, bitter, angry pedophile white man and Trayvon became a black thug ,punk ,drug dealing ,burglar.

Yup and we now know that Trayvon Martin actually was a thug, punk, drug dealer, and burgler.

Not if you look at the known facts: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Trayvon_Martin#Trayvon_Martin

Martin had been suspended from school at the time of his death, his third disciplinary suspension of the year.[46] One suspension was for tardiness and truancy.[47] Another suspension in October 2011 was for graffiti, when Martin was observed by a security camera in a restricted area of the school marking up a door with "W.T.F."[47] When he was later searched by a Miami-Dade School Police Department officer, looking for the graffiti marker, the officer found several pieces of women's jewelry in his backpack, which Martin said a friend had given to him. A screwdriver was also found, which was described by the school police investigator as a burglary tool. The jewelry was impounded and given to the police, but no evidence ever surfaced to indicate that the jewelry was stolen.[47] Martin's third suspension involved a marijuana pipe and an empty bag containing marijuana residue.[46] Martin was not charged with any crime related to these incidents and did not have a juvenile record.[48] Judge Nelson ruled that the defense may have access to Martin's records, including the details of these suspensions, as well as access to Martin's social media sites,[49] but ruled they will not be admissible as evidence during the trial unless they can be shown to be relevant.[50]

Yup, Martin was a typically 17 year old. He skipped school once, smoked a little pot, played big man on his twitter and had pics of his girlfriend on his phone.

He was never arrested, or convicted of any crime. His mother is a college graduate who works for the housing authority, his older brother is in his last years of college himself.

I couldn't help but notice. One man is a monster, a murderer, a racist, a villain. All because he has the white man's lineage in his blood. He defended himself. This view is borne out of the racist past of Liberalism, it is in the political DNA of each far left Liberal I meet here. As I explained in my past thread Real Racism: A History of the Democratic Party liberals cannot help but find targets for their racial animosity. Some are monsters, some are men.

On the other hand, we have another man, just a man, an angel, a simple citizen. All because he had the black man's lineage in his blood. As I explained in my past thread, once again, Liberals contend that they are the party more suited for the black man. But if this murder had taken place 50 years ago, then the alleged murderer would have gone free, because it was the norm for them back then.

So why is one a monster, but the other a man? Why is this mentality so pervasive? As you saw in Sanford Florida the past three weeks, a murder case was smothered in racial hatred and racial politics. Despite all of this, the so-called "monster" was acquitted based all on evidence and not convicted on political underpinnings. I can't help but notice, the difference between monsters and men. The monster sees the truth and ignores it for want of fantastical claims and assertions based on a man's skin color. The man sees the truth and knows that racism does not belong in politics, nor in the courtroom.

The monster will hate you for your skin color, the man will welcome you for it regardless.

Ok, you cant cry about White Hispanic when you want to be a victim then claim he's white afterwards. Not with a straight face anyway

The jury did not decide that Martin was a drug dealing burglar. And the more people push that ridiculous meme the more others will take to the streets in protest.

I agree that the state failed to prove their case, and I will concede that most likely Trayvon threw the 1st punch and Zimmerman had a right to pull his gun and defend himself. I simply wish people didn't feel the need to malign Trayvon and lie, twist and speculate in order to justify his death.

The jury did not decide that Martin was a drug dealing burglar. And the more people push that ridiculous meme the more others will take to the streets in protest.

I agree that the state failed to prove their case, and I will concede that most likely Trayvon threw the 1st punch and Zimmerman had a right to pull his gun and defend himself. I simply wish people didn't feel the need to malign Trayvon and lie, twist and speculate in order to justify his death.

No, the jury didn't, the evidence did.

No, the jury didn't, the evidence did.

Doesn't Zimmerman have charges as well? I noticed you only find fault with one and not the other

Nutters are having a difficult time feeling good after all. When the dust settles, a 17 year old, unarmed kid was shot to death. Jumping up and down with glee just doesn't work unless you convince yourself that the kid was evil.

Show me the arrest and conviction record that proves Trayvon was a drug dealer and a burglar.

All the angry ranting about the media declaring Zimmerman guilty without a trial and those same people are now doing the same to Trayvon.

You think this kid is an angel?

Really?

4314899953_Screen_Shot_2013_05_14_at_94327_AM_300x234_xlarge.png

Show me the arrest and conviction record that proves Trayvon was a drug dealer and a burglar.

All the angry ranting about the media declaring Zimmerman guilty without a trial and those same people are now doing the same to Trayvon.

Really?

No, I think he was a kid.

I have pictures of myself at 17 flipping off the camera too. Same goes for my nephews and I could probably dig up some of just about everyone in my family.

Really?

What do they say about books and covers...?

Let me guess, you've never put up your middle finger....or when you did it was different, not thuggy because you're not black

steve-jobs-middle-finger.jpg

Steve Jobs...what a thug?

Forum List

Back