Alabama
Are there still dinosaurs alive today?

For example:

crocodile
alligator
duck
chicken
komodo dragon

If not, what characteristics are these species lacking that make them disqualified as dinosaurs?

download.jpg

All life on earth is descended from the same original lifeform.

Science has the answer to the OP's question, if he wants to know.

I want to bring them back. I want t-rex! My daughter would love it as she is a big fan of dinosaurs! I bought her a nice t-rex blanket. :)

Alligators are not dinosaurs, though they belong to the same order as dinosaurs once did. Their ancestors were closely related to dinosaurs and walked the earth at the same time. While dinosaurs went extinct, alligator ancestors went on to evolve into the alligators we see on Earth today

crocodile

alligator

Both of the above species actually evolved before dinosaurs did. Dinosaurs evolved around 230 million years ago, but Crocodiles and Alligators evolved around 320 million years ago. They can not be dinosaurs because they predate them.

duck
chicken

These fall into the avians, which are the modern descendants of dinosaurs. Many refer to those that were not birds as "Non-avian dinosaurs".

komodo dragon

Evolved over 25 million years after dinosaurs went extinct.

For example:

crocodile
alligator
duck
chicken
komodo dragon

If not, what characteristics are these species lacking that make them disqualified as dinosaurs?
Yes. According to Convoluted Universe by Dolores Cannon, the Loch Ness Monster is a Pleiasaur. It mostly lives in the center of Earth or the Hollow World inside Earth. It sometimes comes up to the surface of Earth, like in Loch Ness, Scotland.

Forum List

Back