Moderate Republicans Totally Fuck themselves

The republican party is going through some restructuring. This means they will need to bring themselves closer in line with LOLberals.

You're welcome to the ranks of the rest of us non-kool aid drinkers over in "no party over principles" land. Where we lose every time because America runs on amnesia, short sight and LOLberalism.

I have no clue what this means.

Is this some sort of right-wing code that you all use to send secret messages to one another?
If only you could see the secret handshake. It would blow your mind.

it's hard to do with opposable thumbs, though

you mean how can real conservatives separate THEMSELVES from extremist reactionaries, don't you frrank?

because, believe me, i'm pretty sure right now that the normal republicans are wishing you guys would disappear

I wished it a long time ago, but we know how that story ended.
The age of the squishy, gutless, go-along-to-get-along republican is dead....Deal with it.

BTW, I notice how you don't hold the reactionaries on the left, which comprises the vast majority of them nowadays, in equal contempt.

Pretty much tells us all we need to know.

We've gone from Obama screwing the pooch in Benghazi to The Moderates in the GOP are running scared.

We must be in the Twilight Zone.

Can they really be this weak or have they been in on the thing all along?
They're not running scared...They're dropping the hammer in outright fear.

Neocon fossils like Boner, who value absolute power as their guiding principle, are a dying breed and this is an act of desperation to cling to that power at all costs.

To me calling Obama a piece of shit to his face would be priceless. I don't care if I go down in flames. At least I would go down swinging.
Boner is too much of a wormy gutless fuck to do that...He values his power over and above anything else in the world....I got that impression of that dick in the late '90s, when he had his head jammed up Gingrich's ass, and it turns out my instinct is correct.

Absolute power corrupts....

you mean how can real conservatives separate THEMSELVES from extremist reactionaries, don't you frrank?

because, believe me, i'm pretty sure right now that the normal republicans are wishing you guys would disappear
It sure is extremism to want to curtail out of control spending.

:rolleyes:

No one has ever quite explained it to me in terms that I can understand, so I'll ask again. How is balancing the budget an "extremist reactionary" activity? How does that stuff happen?

You beat me to it. Think we'll ever get a cogent answer to that question?

Why is it that Republicans only care about balanced budgets when a Democrat is President? When Republicans held all the power, we got 2 wars off budget, a medicare drug benefit (unpaid for), and tax cuts at the same time. They said that "Reagan proved deficits don't matter". They drove the country in the ditch and now bitch that Obama isn't cleaning up their mess fast enough.

No one has ever quite explained it to me in terms that I can understand, so I'll ask again. How is balancing the budget an "extremist reactionary" activity? How does that stuff happen?

Why is it that Republicans only care about balanced budgets when a Democrat is President? When Republicans held all the power, we got 2 wars off budget, a medicare drug benefit (unpaid for), and tax cuts at the same time. They said that "Reagan proved deficits don't matter". They drove the country in the ditch and now bitch that Obama isn't cleaning up their mess fast enough.

I believe the word you are searching for is hypocrisy.

The age of the squishy, gutless, go-along-to-get-along republican is dead....Deal with it.

BTW, I notice how you don't hold the reactionaries on the left, which comprises the vast majority of them nowadays, in equal contempt.

It probably would, if you hadn't cheered the "Blue Dog" democrats whenever they stopped the side you don't like from reaching their goals all those times.

Feel better? Because its a wash, who screamed when bush spent us into Rut? So now that the degree of debt comparably has been blown up ? Now what?

I have always agreed spending, bush whomever, is the issue, now what? do you want to just take a pass or criticize Obama too?

I'm sorry.......I snarfed my Ginger Ale all over the screen and it took me awhile to clean it off.

That was so funny. You really cracked me up.

It probably would, if you hadn't cheered the "Blue Dog" democrats whenever they stopped the side you don't like from reaching their goals all those times.
When have they done that lately?

Well, to be fair, I did notice how rock-ribbed they were when it came to opposing the jamming of Obolshevikcare up our asses...And how stalwart they were when it came to opposing the re-authorizing the USAPATRIOT Act and Gitmo...And how unshakably principled they were in opposing NDAA...And how they stood steadfast in opposition to raising the debt ceiling....

Oh, that's right...Never mind.

Feel better? Because its a wash, who screamed when bush spent us into Rut? So now that the degree of debt comparably has been blown up ? Now what?

I have always agreed spending, bush whomever, is the issue, now what? do you want to just take a pass or criticize Obama too?

Why are we still talking about Bush?

When that skinny dork Obama got elected I thought he'd be talking about Bush for a few months tops. Now whenever they need a scapegoat they feel if all else fails throw a Bush out there.

You get 18 months to whine about the prior administration. Right?

Nope. These idiots want to use Bush as an excuse forever.

Makes me want to slap someone in the adam's apple.

Do you understand the following?

1. Much of TARP and the bailout that Bush approved was spent AFTER Obama took office.

2. With the recession, BOTH tax revenues were down AND transfer payments (unemployment, food stamps, for example) were down at the same time.

3. The stimulus, while adding to the debt, was necessary to replace state funding, and private sector spending which had shrunk due to the recession.

4. The wars AND the tax cuts continued after Obama took office.

Consequently, much if not most of the increasing debt was not a result of Obama and the Democrats' policy choices.

We had a balanced budget in 97, 98, 99 and 00.

We cut taxes and we no longer had a balanced budget.

1. Much of TARP and the bailout that Bush approved was spent AFTER Obama took office.

2. With the recession, BOTH tax revenues were down AND transfer payments (unemployment, food stamps, for example) were down at the same time.

3. The stimulus, while adding to the debt, was necessary to replace state funding, and private sector spending which had shrunk due to the recession.

Consequently, much if not most of the increasing debt was not a result of Obama and the Democrats' policy choices.

I think it's clear to any rational person that any policies Obama left in place he wanted and any he ended he didn't. So blaming Bush for what was spent during the Obama administration is irrational. 4 years into his presidency and he's still whining about Bush spending.

Educate yourself:
Obama’s response leaves the false impression that President George W. Bush and the 2008 recession are responsible for a whopping 90 percent of the deficits in the last four years.

It’s true that Obama “inherited the biggest deficit in our history,” as he said on CBS. By the time Obama took office in January 2009, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office had already estimated that increased spending and decreased revenues would result in a $1.2 trillion deficit for fiscal year 2009, which began Oct. 1, 2008. In a detailed analysis of fiscal year 2009, we found that Obama was responsible for adding at most $203 billion to the deficit, which in the end topped $1.4 trillion that year.

But that was just the first of four years of trillion-plus deficits. The last three budgets fall squarely under Obama. And, during that time, the federal government ran up deficits of $1.3 trillion in 2010, $1.3 trillion in 2011, and about $1.2 trillion in the fiscal year that ends Sept. 30 — for a total of nearly $5.2 trillion in deficit spending.​

FactCheck.org : Obama’s Deficit Dodge

I think it's clear to any rational person that any policies Obama left in place he wanted and any he ended he didn't. So blaming Bush for what was spent during the Obama administration is irrational. 4 years into his presidency and he's still whining about Bush spending.

You think that Obama could just summarily end both wars, Medicare Part D, and TARP when he took office?

Forum List

Back