MO Can Fire You For Being Gay, But Wants To Make Gun Owners A Protected Minority

Seawytch

Information isnt Advocacy
Aug 5, 2010
Peaking out from the redwoods
That's right...The Missouri House passed HB1620 that will add gun owners to MOs list of protected minorities.

Under the bill, gun owners who carry their firearms with them in a lawful manner (i.e. possess a concealed-carry permit) cannot be fired, denied benefits, or otherwise discriminated against.

Mo. House votes to add gun owners to state's protected groups

"They gheys" can still get the boot just for being gay though...

I know, where the hell did that come from?

What a loon.

And PS..what the hell do the two things have to do with each other?

Please show us where Missouri can fire someone for their sexual orientation...
"The Missouri Human Rights Act (the Act) makes it illegal to discriminate in any aspect of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, disability or age (40 through 69)"

Missouri Labor | Discrimination in Employment

"The Missouri Human Rights Act does not offer protection based on sexual orientation. "

Missouri Labor | Missouri Commission on Human Rights FAQs

Wisconsin was the first state to ban employment discrimination based on sexual orientation, in 1982, while Minnesota was the first state to ban employment discrimination based on both sexual orientation and gender identity when it passed the Human Rights Act in 1993. Sixteen states and the District of Columbia have policies that protect against both sexual orientation and gender identity discrimination in employment: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey (see Law Against Discrimination), New Mexico, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington in the public and private sector. An additional five states–Delaware, Maryland, New Hampshire, New York, and Wisconsin–have state laws that protect against discrimination based on sexual orientation only.

Five states have an executive order, administrative order, or personnel regulation prohibiting discrimination against public employees based on sexual orientation and gender identity: Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, and Pennsylvania. Delaware, Maryland, and New York prohibit discrimination based on gender identity in public employment only.

An additional five states prohibit discrimination against public employees based on sexual orientation only: Alaska, Arizona, Missouri,Montana, and Ohio.​

Employment Non-Discrimination Act

So only state employees can't be fired simply for being gay...

That's right...The Missouri House passed HB1620 that will add gun owners to MOs list of protected minorities.

Under the bill, gun owners who carry their firearms with them in a lawful manner (i.e. possess a concealed-carry permit) cannot be fired, denied benefits, or otherwise discriminated against.

Mo. House votes to add gun owners to state's protected groups

"They gheys" can still get the boot just for being gay though...

Nice. I should not have to check my rights at the door. :clap2:

Conceal carry is a matter of public record. It is printed on your drivers license, which you are required to present to employers as proof of legal eligibility to work.

ccwdl.jpg

What this has to do with homosexuality, I have no idea...do you have an "I'm Gay" endorsement on your license?

Wisconsin was the first state to ban employment discrimination based on sexual orientation, in 1982, while Minnesota was the first state to ban employment discrimination based on both sexual orientation and gender identity when it passed the Human Rights Act in 1993. Sixteen states and the District of Columbia have policies that protect against both sexual orientation and gender identity discrimination in employment: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey (see Law Against Discrimination), New Mexico, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington in the public and private sector. An additional five states–Delaware, Maryland, New Hampshire, New York, and Wisconsin–have state laws that protect against discrimination based on sexual orientation only.

Five states have an executive order, administrative order, or personnel regulation prohibiting discrimination against public employees based on sexual orientation and gender identity: Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, and Pennsylvania. Delaware, Maryland, and New York prohibit discrimination based on gender identity in public employment only.

An additional five states prohibit discrimination against public employees based on sexual orientation only: Alaska, Arizona, Missouri,Montana, and Ohio.​

Employment Non-Discrimination Act

So only state employees can't be fired simply for being gay...

You're so full of shit....

What a loon.

The MO House wants to make it illegal to fire a gun owner for being a gun owner, but it is still perfectly legal to fire someone who is gay just for being gay. They want to grant protected minority status, on par with race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, disability or age to gun owners, but still want to be able to fire the queers.

That's okay with you?

Conceal carry is a matter of public record. It is printed on your drivers license, which you are required to present to employers as proof of legal eligibility to work.

ccwdl.jpg

What this has to do with homosexuality, I have no idea...do you have an "I'm Gay" endorsement on your license?

So the gheys should still be able to be fired because their "ghey" isn't printed on their driver's license? Is your religion?

What a loon.

The MO House wants to make it illegal to fire a gun owner for being a gun owner, but it is still perfectly legal to fire someone who is gay just for being gay. They want to grant protected minority status, on par with race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, disability or age to gun owners, but still want to be able to fire the queers.

That's okay with you?
There is a constitutional right to bear arms; the WELL TRAINED militia part gets cut out too often. I doubt anyone fired because they are gay, and that ALONE, will be denied unemployment compensation. (Of course firing someone for sexual orientation is NOT ok with ME.)

"The Missouri Human Rights Act (the Act) makes it illegal to discriminate in any aspect of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, disability or age (40 through 69)"

"The Missouri Human Rights Act does not offer protection based on sexual orientation. "

It's illegal based on the law that you're showing to discriminate based on sex.

ccwdl.jpg

So the gheys should still be able to be fired because their "ghey" isn't printed on their driver's license? Is your religion?

I don't have a spot on my license that says homo or hetero.

What a loon.

That's okay with you?
There is a constitutional right to bear arms; the WELL TRAINED militia part gets cut out too often. I doubt anyone fired because they are gay, and that ALONE, will be denied unemployment compensation. (Of course firing someone for sexual orientation is NOT ok with ME.)

Yeah, not being denied unemployment for being gay makes being fired for being gay so much better. :eusa_eh:

LOL..that's gender not how you are having sex. :lol:

Hey, maybe MO can pass hate crimes legislation that would make it a crime to attack someone who has a gun. :lol:

LOL..that's gender not how you are having sex. :lol:

Hey, maybe MO can pass hate crimes legislation that would make it a crime to attack someone who has a gun. :lol:

Why doesn't Colona introduce another bill. Looks like 20 members of his own party are voting for this bill.

Forum List

Back