MO Can Fire You For Being Gay, But Wants To Make Gun Owners A Protected Minority

Here's how no one has to worried about being fired for their sexual orientation.

Keep your fucking mouth shut.

Do your Goddamned job.

No rings on your fingers, no pictures of family on desks, no discussion of what you and your family did for the weekend. No mention of family or going out with someone at all....for anyone.

A nice friendly work environment. Yahoo!!!

Do you really wish to work for a person that holds such bigotry?

From my experience I can tell you that customers are turned off from open displays.

Mention specific actions that need to refrained from, and the drama queens come out of the wood work.

It doesn't take an open display of anything to get fired for being gay. You don't have to DO anything, you get fired just for BEING. Seen at a gay bar on Saturday, fired on Monday.

oh, the drama

if someone sees you at a gay bar, isn't it reasonable to assume that thry're gay also?

:eusa_whistle:

Not necessarily. Not everyone at gay bars are gay, Del. Tho we don't have to worry so much about the Keystone Kops aka NIS aka NCIS anymore.

That's right...The Missouri House passed HB1620 that will add gun owners to MOs list of protected minorities.

Under the bill, gun owners who carry their firearms with them in a lawful manner (i.e. possess a concealed-carry permit) cannot be fired, denied benefits, or otherwise discriminated against.

Mo. House votes to add gun owners to state's protected groups

"They gheys" can still get the boot just for being gay though...

I think those are two different issues and should be addressed seperately.

I wonder if that applies to teachers in schools? Can they now carry firearms to school?

That's right...The Missouri House passed HB1620 that will add gun owners to MOs list of protected minorities.

Under the bill, gun owners who carry their firearms with them in a lawful manner (i.e. possess a concealed-carry permit) cannot be fired, denied benefits, or otherwise discriminated against.

Private sector employers should be able to fire you for what ever reason they want. You have no right to employment.

However, after hired and prob period over, they cannot fire you for your gender, your race, your religion, etc.

This is just plain nutty considering that 'membership' in a traditional protected group is not voluntary. Owning and/or carrying a gun is wholly a voluntary act.

Do you really wish to work for a person that holds such bigotry?

From my experience I can tell you that customers are turned off from open displays.

Mention specific actions that need to refrained from, and the drama queens come out of the wood work.

It doesn't take an open display of anything to get fired for being gay. You don't have to DO anything, you get fired just for BEING. Seen at a gay bar on Saturday, fired on Monday.

oh, the drama

if someone sees you at a gay bar, isn't it reasonable to assume that thry're gay also?

:eusa_whistle:

not necesarily. I don't know if I've ever been to a gay bar...I tend to be rather naive about such things. Then again, what if you are accompanying your gay friend?

I don't think it's reasonable to "assume" much of anything. Remember the whole "ass" "u" "me" stuff.

When I go to work, if I have my cell phone on my person during work, I can be fired. It's policy. If my employer wants to enact such a policy, it is entitled to do so. If my employer wants to enact a policy that prohibits me from carrying a weapon during work, then that's my employer's prerogative. A law like this is nothing more than big government idiots interjecting themselves where they are not needed in the first place.

Most people in their everyday walk in life don't really think much about gay issues. Most of us do not really care one way or the other. Take DADT for example. I work out and shop at a Marine Corps base. My son is a Marine. I frequent military and guns and tough guy message boards. You gays really never come up. The same with racism. I teach high school and 85 or so percent of my students are non-white. Racism is never brought up. The only time that ever I ever hear about racism or gay stuff is on usmb. Weird.

When I go to work, if I have my cell phone on my person during work, I can be fired. It's policy. If my employer wants to enact such a policy, it is entitled to do so. If my employer wants to enact a policy that prohibits me from carrying a weapon during work, then that's my employer's prerogative. A law like this is nothing more than big government idiots interjecting themselves where they are not needed in the first place.

How to contribute to a thread on USMB:

1. Read the original post
  2. Educate yourself on the topic of the original post
  3. Post a reply

You've got 1 and 3 down pat, but 2 needs some work.

I have educated myself...this law has nothing to do with carrying your gun into work.

" The measure would forbid companies from turning people down for jobs or treating them differently because they have a concealed carry permit or have used a firearm in the past."

Lawmakers Argue Gun Discrimination Bill « CBS St. Louis

From the bill:

" These provisions cannot require employers to allow the carrying and use of weapons on their property except as mandated by other law or to grant preferential treatment to employees that hold concealed carry endorsements or own firearms. "

Missouri House of Representatives

Now, feel free to attempt to justify your post...I'll wait.

Last edited:
What the hell is wrong with some of you people? Where does the government get off telling me who I may or may not fire?

I own guns, I love guns, but guess what? The second amendment applies to the GOVERNMENT, not private business. If I as a business owner wish to not hire gun "nuts', or gays for that matter, I should have that right.

We need to get back to the days where we actually lived by the COTUS.

What the hell is wrong with some of you people? Where does the government get off telling me who I may or may not fire?

I own guns, I love guns, but guess what? The second amendment applies to the GOVERNMENT, not private business. If I as a business owner wish to not hire gun "nuts', or gays for that matter, I should have that right.

* You must spread some reputation around...

Not being fired because you have a concealed handgun permit doesn't exactly place you in a protected minority status except in the fevered minds of sissies or radical lefties.

Not being fired because you have a concealed handgun permit doesn't exactly place you in a protected minority status except in the fevered minds of sissies or radical lefties.
But being fired for sexual orientation that does NOT infringe on one's duties at work is OK?

I live in Mo., show me where in the state law it says you can get fired for being a sinnful gay? Prove it, give us a link or stop with the stupid lies.

But being fired for sexual orientation that does NOT infringe on one's duties at work is OK?

It should be. If I own the business then I should be the one deciding who I want to employ, who I want to do business with and what products I wish to sell (legal products of course)

What business is it of your or the governments about who I fire or why?

Come on people. The right wing hates the gays. It's just one more minority they smear and hate. We know that. They know it. It's just too bad that more of them don't admit it. They should just be proud of who they are.

Fortunately you don’t:

Under the civil rights laws given to all United States citizens with the Constitution and various other regulations, discrimination in the workplace is illegal. Discrimination here can be the result of a number of issues including, but not limited to, gender, race, religion, nationality, physical abilities, sexual preference, and marital status. However, with the help of civil rights laws like the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), employees who feel like they are being discriminated against can take their case to court. If you plan to work in the United States, it is important to understand your civil rights for equality under the EEOC.

Discrimination in the Workplace: What are your Rights? | LAW Professor.com - Your Self Help Guide For Legal Advice -

Consider also, if you’re a business owner:

What Is Discrimination At Work

Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964

Those days are now, we are currently, actually living by the Constitution, as determined by the Supreme Court.

Forum List

Back