MO Can Fire You For Being Gay, But Wants To Make Gun Owners A Protected Minority

The MO House wants to make it illegal to fire a gun owner for being a gun owner, but it is still perfectly legal to fire someone who is gay just for being gay. They want to grant protected minority status, on par with race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, disability or age to gun owners, but still want to be able to fire the queers.

That's okay with you?
There is a constitutional right to bear arms; the WELL TRAINED militia part gets cut out too often. I doubt anyone fired because they are gay, and that ALONE, will be denied unemployment compensation. (Of course firing someone for sexual orientation is NOT ok with ME.)

Yeah, not being denied unemployment for being gay makes being fired for being gay so much better. :eusa_eh:

Do you really wish to work for a person that holds such bigotry?

From my experience I can tell you that customers are turned off from open displays.

Mention specific actions that need to refrained from, and the drama queens come out of the wood work.

The MO House wants to make it illegal to fire a gun owner for being a gun owner, but it is still perfectly legal to fire someone who is gay just for being gay. They want to grant protected minority status, on par with race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, disability or age to gun owners, but still want to be able to fire the queers.

That's okay with you?
There is a constitutional right to bear arms; the WELL TRAINED militia part gets cut out too often. I doubt anyone fired because they are gay, and that ALONE, will be denied unemployment compensation. (Of course firing someone for sexual orientation is NOT ok with ME.)

Yeah, not being denied unemployment for being gay makes being fired for being gay so much better. :eusa_eh:
No it doesn't Sea. I'm keeping the list of those states that at LEAST provide for the Constitutional rights in employment to gay Americans. I know Florida ain't gonna pass one despite Crists' terms as Governor.

From my experience I can tell you that customers are turned off from open displays.

Mention specific actions that need to refrained from, and the drama queens come out of the wood work.

It's illegal based on the law that you're showing to discriminate based on sex.

LOL..that's gender not how you are having sex. :lol:

Hey, maybe MO can pass hate crimes legislation that would make it a crime to attack someone who has a gun. :lol:

Why doesn't Colona introduce another bill. Looks like 20 members of his own party are voting for this bill.

Sexual orientation bills have been introduced in MO...they don't pass. This one does...:rolleyes:

MO House of Reps

It doesn't take an open display of anything to get fired for being gay. You don't have to DO anything, you get fired just for BEING. Seen at a gay bar on Saturday, fired on Monday.

yes. But those heteros arent making asses of themselves generally through attire or specific mannerisms.

It doesn't take an open display of anything to get fired for being gay. You don't have to DO anything, you get fired just for BEING. Seen at a gay bar on Saturday, fired on Monday.

Have there been legal cases that point our your distinction that you just described?

Last edited:
Please show us where Missouri can fire someone for their sexual orientation...
"The Missouri Human Rights Act (the Act) makes it illegal to discriminate in any aspect of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, disability or age (40 through 69)"

Missouri Labor | Discrimination in Employment

"The Missouri Human Rights Act does not offer protection based on sexual orientation. "

Missouri Labor | Missouri Commission on Human Rights FAQs
So, that means a heterosexual person can also be fired based upon their sexual orientation.
We call that a double edged sword where I live.

Have their been legal cases that point our your distinction that you just described?

I do know there have been several suits of discrimination but I can not tell the results.

No Interest.

However very early on I worked for a large Restaurant chain in which similar charges were brought against me for trying to correct the way employees conduct themselves. That was dismissed.

Anyone can get fired for being inappropriate...I know people who have been fired for (legal) things they did in their off time. Hanging out at bars all night, whooping it up downtown...that's the way the world and employment work.

Have there been legal cases that point our your distinction that you just described?

I spent 20 years in the military. I saw it happen often...but yes, there are actual cases. There was a water polo coach pretty recently as I recall. I'll have to get back with some cases later. I've got go get my butt up and do the grocery shopping...or I won't want to go at all.

"The Missouri Human Rights Act (the Act) makes it illegal to discriminate in any aspect of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, disability or age (40 through 69)"

Missouri Labor | Discrimination in Employment

"The Missouri Human Rights Act does not offer protection based on sexual orientation. "

Missouri Labor | Missouri Commission on Human Rights FAQs
So, that means a heterosexual person can also be fired based upon their sexual orientation.
We call that a double edged sword where I live.

:lol: I truly cannot wait for that lawsuit!

I know, where the hell did that come from?

What a loon.

And PS..what the hell do the two things have to do with each other?

That's okay with you?

Perhaps you need a Constitutional amendment.
Here's my first draft:
A well regulated LGBT Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to sleep with members of the same sex, shall not be infringed.

Last time I looked, YOU IDIOTS, the 2nd amendment was in the Constitution.

I don't see a gay amendment.

Geesh what stupidity.

This is typical of liberals confusing their identity politics their sense of entitlement, and their grievance mongering for a right enshrined in the Constitution.

Wisconsin was the first state to ban employment discrimination based on sexual orientation, in 1982, while Minnesota was the first state to ban employment discrimination based on both sexual orientation and gender identity when it passed the Human Rights Act in 1993. Sixteen states and the District of Columbia have policies that protect against both sexual orientation and gender identity discrimination in employment: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey (see Law Against Discrimination), New Mexico, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington in the public and private sector. An additional five states–Delaware, Maryland, New Hampshire, New York, and Wisconsin–have state laws that protect against discrimination based on sexual orientation only.

Five states have an executive order, administrative order, or personnel regulation prohibiting discrimination against public employees based on sexual orientation and gender identity: Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, and Pennsylvania. Delaware, Maryland, and New York prohibit discrimination based on gender identity in public employment only.

An additional five states prohibit discrimination against public employees based on sexual orientation only: Alaska, Arizona, Missouri,Montana, and Ohio.​

Employment Non-Discrimination Act

So only state employees can't be fired simply for being gay...

Kind of meaningless.

I live in Illinois, where they actually did fire a co-worker of mine because she was gay. that wasn't the official excuse, of course. The official excuse was that they were eliminating her position, but it was oddly right after she and her partner went to the Holiday party, and her Partner wore a man's suit, just so nobody missed the point.

If someone is in a state where a law like this is in place, then they will always find another excuse to fire someone they want to be rid of.

That's right...The Missouri House passed HB1620 that will add gun owners to MOs list of protected minorities.

Under the bill, gun owners who carry their firearms with them in a lawful manner (i.e. possess a concealed-carry permit) cannot be fired, denied benefits, or otherwise discriminated against.

Mo. House votes to add gun owners to state's protected groups

"They gheys" can still get the boot just for being gay though...

Private sector employers should be able to fire you for what ever reason they want. You have no right to employment.

oh, the drama

if someone sees you at a gay bar, isn't it reasonable to assume that thry're gay also?

:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back