Mitt Romney's Garbage Man Speaks Out

How many people here know the name of their garbage man, postman, etc ?

I don't. But they usually come while im working.

I can't imagine why I would NEED to know the name of any of those people. With the exception of my mail carrier, none of THEM know MY name, and I'm not crying about it.

As it happens, though, I DO know the names of my mail carrier - Anne - and the waste management guy who picks up my recycling bin every Thursday - Jorge. This is because they, unlike the garbage guys, come by during the day when I'm awake and out doing stuff where I can see them. The garbage guys, on the other hand, hit my street in the early morning while I'm still asleep.

Big freaking deal. When did it become necessary to form a personal relationship with every single person you ever pay for a service?

Please................give me a break!!

How many people go out and shake the garbage man's hand or bring him a glass of water??

This is just some over the top nonsense.

What exactly does he expect Romney to do?

Go ride in the truck with him?

Me.

Haven't ridden in his truck but certainly have no reason not to do that. Actually just never thought about it one way or the other.

He knows to be careful on xmas because there's a gift sitting on top of the dumpster at my house.

And, of course I know the names of the guys who pick up my garbage, the mail carrier, local police and so on.

All of these people work for low pay and they make my life a lot easier. I value the work they do for my community.

So a guy who isn't part of the 47% is insulted. Ok.

Read it again and then compare to what scum Mit said. He most certainly is part of MitWit's 47% and even if he wasn't --

How can you defend what MitWit said?

You rw's have such sad standards, a grim and sad outlook and opinion of your neighbors and yet, you worship Mit - who would probably spit on you.

He has certainly verbally spit on you and you seem to just love it. Weird.

By Amanda Terkel

The labor union AFSCME is out with a new video featuring Richard Hayes, the man who picks up Mitt Romney's trash at his oceanfront mansion in La Jolla, Calif.

In the spot, Hayes talks about how hard he works in his job each day and criticizes Romney's comments about the 47 percent:

My name is Richard Hayes, and I pick up Mitt Romney's trash. We're kind of like the invisible people. He doesn't realize that the service we provide -- if it wasn't for us, it would be a big health issue, us not picking up trash.

Residents do come out and shake our hands. Sometimes they give us hugs and thank us for the job we're doing, hand us water and Gatorades. Tell us we're doing a good job and keep up the good work. Picking up 15, 16 tons by hand, that takes a toll on your body. When I'm 55, 60 years old, I know my body's gonna be break down [sic]. Mitt Romney doesn't care about that.​

More: Mitt Romney's California Garbage Man On The 47 Percent: 'We're Kind Of Like The Invisible People'

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68q28r7m_FU&feature=player_embedded]Meet Richard Hayes. He picks up Mitt Romney's trash. - YouTube[/ame]

Public Sector Union Promoting Romney's "Trash Man" - Katie Pavlich

Remember when Mitt Romney became a trash collector for a day when he was governor of Massachusetts?

“During my campaign for governor, I decided to spend a day every few weeks doing the jobs of other people in Massachusetts. Among other jobs, I cooked sausages at Fenway Park, worked on asphalt paving crew, stacked bales of hay on a farm, volunteered in an emergency room, served food at a nursing home, and worked as a child-care assistant. I’m often asked which was the hardest job – it’s child care, by a mile.”

“One day I gathered trash as a garbage collector. I stood on that little platform at the back of the truck, holding on as the driver navigated his way through the narrow streets of Boston. As we pulled up to traffic lights, I noticed that the shoppers and businesspeople who were standing only a few feet from me didn’t even see me. It was as if I was invisible. Perhaps it was because a lot of us don’t think garbage men are worthy of notice; I disagree – anyone who works that hard deserves our respect. – I wasn’t a particularly good garbage collector: at one point, after filling the trough at the back of the truck, I pulled the wrong hydraulic lever. Instead of pushing the load into the truck, I dumped it onto the street. Maybe the suits didn’t notice me, but the guys at the construction site sure did…” (251) [All emphasis added]

When did Barack Obama ever pick up trash for a day as a sanitation worker? I'll wait for the answer.

God.. you leftists are morons.

How many people here know the name of their garbage man, postman, etc ?

I don't. But they usually come while im working.

I can't imagine why I would NEED to know the name of any of those people. With the exception of my mail carrier, none of THEM know MY name, and I'm not crying about it.

As it happens, though, I DO know the names of my mail carrier - Anne - and the waste management guy who picks up my recycling bin every Thursday - Jorge. This is because they, unlike the garbage guys, come by during the day when I'm awake and out doing stuff where I can see them. The garbage guys, on the other hand, hit my street in the early morning while I'm still asleep.

Big freaking deal. When did it become necessary to form a personal relationship with every single person you ever pay for a service?
Believe me Cesspool, your garbage men know your name. :eusa_hand:

The dumbfuck acts like he is doing Romney a favor.

Uh, Romney and others pay for your job...so they are doing you a favor, garbage man.

Good God in Heaven. :eusa_wall:

You know why we treat garbage collectors like they're invisible? Because we treat MOST STRANGERS as though they're invisible! For Christ's sake, the average day is full and busy enough without trying to notice and acknowledge every single stranger you pass but have no pressing need to interact with. They're doing their thing, I'm doing mine, and if I'm not having a pity party over THEM not making fuss over ME, they can return the favor.

Can we have a freaking reality check here?

By Amanda Terkel

The labor union AFSCME is out with a new video featuring Richard Hayes, the man who picks up Mitt Romney's trash at his oceanfront mansion in La Jolla, Calif.

In the spot, Hayes talks about how hard he works in his job each day and criticizes Romney's comments about the 47 percent:

My name is Richard Hayes, and I pick up Mitt Romney's trash. We're kind of like the invisible people. He doesn't realize that the service we provide -- if it wasn't for us, it would be a big health issue, us not picking up trash.

Residents do come out and shake our hands. Sometimes they give us hugs and thank us for the job we're doing, hand us water and Gatorades. Tell us we're doing a good job and keep up the good work. Picking up 15, 16 tons by hand, that takes a toll on your body. When I'm 55, 60 years old, I know my body's gonna be break down [sic]. Mitt Romney doesn't care about that.​

More: Mitt Romney's California Garbage Man On The 47 Percent: 'We're Kind Of Like The Invisible People'

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68q28r7m_FU&feature=player_embedded]Meet Richard Hayes. He picks up Mitt Romney's trash. - YouTube[/ame]

"Hi. I'm a garbage man."

Great add. :thup:

Class warfare 101. Outstanding.

Romney gave $7,000,000 to charity.

His name is Byron Lamont James and he makes it a point to brag that he made 75k last year.

By Amanda Terkel

"Hi. I'm a garbage man."

Did you mean ad?

I agree that Romney started class warfare with his 47% comment. It was just an added bonus that he made it to a room full of uber wealthy people. :thup:

LOL, Romney STARTED the class warfare.

The entire Obama Presidency has been one big CLASS WARFARE

vote him out because of it the new video released that PROVES it

Last edited:
You city slickers amuse me.

Out here in the hinterlands most of us are our own garbage men.

Did you mean ad?

I agree that Romney started class warfare with his 47% comment. It was just an added bonus that he made it to a room full of uber wealthy people. :thup:

I think Obama started class-warfare the moment he took the oath of office.

His administration has been putting it into practice since day one.

Eric Holder kicked it off officially when he said America was a bunch of cowards when it comes to race. Anyone who dares to mention this or even tries to criticize Obama about anything gets called a racist by someone like you.

Now excuse me......I need to go out and hug my garbageman.

Last edited:
Did you mean ad?

We await for another "Romney and Bain caused my wife to die" ad from an ObamaSuperPAC.

"Hi. I'm a garbage man."

Did you mean ad?

We await for another "Romney and Bain caused my wife to die" ad from an ObamaSuperPAC.

I don't know. This one was pretty close. I'm sure they have several othe options.

Ronmey's a racist
Romney's Grandfather was a serial polygamist
Romney fired my Grandmother
Romney wants to take away your Obamaphone

I challenge EVERY libtard who posted in this thread to tell me 3 personal facts about their sanitation worker... Name, age, and marital status.

I await your thundering silence.

Forum List

Back