Mitt Romney: We don’t need more cops, firefighters or teachers

Bain Capital 'purchased' KB for the respectable price of $ 305 million dollars on December 8, 2000.

Bain Capital only offered $ 18 million in cash, the rest was leaveraged debt put on the company.

Sixteen months after the buyout, Bain Capital paid itself $85 million in dividends in early 2002.

January 14, 2004, K·B Toys filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection and closed 365 stores.

Three years later the rest of the 156 stores were closed down.

Romney is a thief.

FACTS:

About eight minutes into the documentary-style piece, the video uses an old jingle from KB Toys along with this narration:

"Romney and Bain bought the 80-year-old company in 2000, loaded KB Toys with millions in debt, then used the money to repurchase Bain stock. The debt was too staggering. By 2004, 365 stores had closed."

That the chain failed isn't in dispute: KB Toys went into bankruptcy in 2004 under Bain, later dissolving in bankruptcy court under different owners in 2008. But what drove it out of business?

Romney's retirement

The first two words in that quote, "Romney and Bain," raise the first question: How was Romney involved with Bain in 2000?

He had retired from the firm in February 1999 to help organize the Salt Lake City Winter Olympics.

PolitiFact | Video blames Bain Capital for demise of KB Toys

Any comment, Chris? :eusa_whistle:

I think he may be watching TV? At any rate he'll be digging for more Bain is evil stuff - on that I bet he and I could even agree~

Mitt Romney Criticizes President Obama For Wanting To Hire More Police, Firemen and Teachers - YouTube

This time, however, Romney deserves points for honesty: He has forthrightly declared that the class of government workers holding back other Americans does include cops, firefighters and teachers. And in so doing, he has singlehandedly reframed the debate from one over despised government bureaucrats to one over whether we should hire more cops, firefighters and teachers to get the economy going. This is a debate the White House will be happy to have.

Mitt Romney: We don't need more cops, firefighters or teachers - The Washington Post

-----------------------------

Wow, the problem is policemen, firemen and teachers.

Now it's clear why Republicans worked so very hard to keep health care from the first responders. Now, the right wingers at USMB can't possibly say that's not true.
Its a well know fact that the Republicans hold the police, firefighters and teachers personally responsible for all of America's woes and the nation can be rest assured that President Romney will see that they all burn in hell.

Last edited:
Bain Capital 'purchased' KB for the respectable price of $ 305 million dollars on December 8, 2000.

Bain Capital only offered $ 18 million in cash, the rest was leaveraged debt put on the company.

Sixteen months after the buyout, Bain Capital paid itself $85 million in dividends in early 2002.

January 14, 2004, K·B Toys filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection and closed 365 stores.

Three years later the rest of the 156 stores were closed down.

Romney is a thief.

FACTS:

About eight minutes into the documentary-style piece, the video uses an old jingle from KB Toys along with this narration:

"Romney and Bain bought the 80-year-old company in 2000, loaded KB Toys with millions in debt, then used the money to repurchase Bain stock. The debt was too staggering. By 2004, 365 stores had closed."

That the chain failed isn't in dispute: KB Toys went into bankruptcy in 2004 under Bain, later dissolving in bankruptcy court under different owners in 2008. But what drove it out of business?

Romney's retirement

The first two words in that quote, "Romney and Bain," raise the first question: How was Romney involved with Bain in 2000?

He had retired from the firm in February 1999 to help organize the Salt Lake City Winter Olympics.

PolitiFact | Video blames Bain Capital for demise of KB Toys

Romney still gets money from Bain's deals though 2009. Like I said, Romney is a thief...

Though Mr. Romney left Bain in early 1999, he received a share of the corporate buyout and investment profits enjoyed by partners from all Bain deals through February 2009:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/19/u...n-money-flowing-to-romney.html?pagewanted=all

Last edited:
Mitt Romney Criticizes President Obama For Wanting To Hire More Police, Firemen and Teachers - YouTube

This time, however, Romney deserves points for honesty: He has forthrightly declared that the class of government workers holding back other Americans does include cops, firefighters and teachers. And in so doing, he has singlehandedly reframed the debate from one over despised government bureaucrats to one over whether we should hire more cops, firefighters and teachers to get the economy going. This is a debate the White House will be happy to have.

Mitt Romney: We don't need more cops, firefighters or teachers - The Washington Post

Now it's clear why Republicans worked so very hard to keep health care from the first responders. Now, the right wingers at USMB can't possibly say that's not true.

Let's try quoting in context:
The Republican presidential candidate criticized his 2012 competitor for "pushing aside the private sector" and instead wants to add more government jobs. He cited the recent gubernatorial recall vote in Wisconsin as a sign voters want the opposite.

Romney said of Obama, "he wants another stimulus, he wants to hire more government workers. He says we need more fireman, more policeman, more teachers. Did he not get the message of Wisconsin? The American people did. It's time for us to cut back on government and help the American people."
Romney is correct. We do not need Washington to shovel money to states to hire gov't workers, which is Obama's solution to high unemployment. Instead we need the private sector to step up hiring, which they will not do when the costs to do so are uncertain and high.
RDean as usual turns in a partisan lying performance, the type that shows he is downright stooopid.

Fewer firemen mean a longer response time.

More police mean less crime.

Children do better with a smaller class size.

If Republicans can dispute these claims, go ahead. I dare you.

Fireman, Police and Teachers are ALL Local Government. NOT Federal. You want more of them? Petition your local Government and your State.

There is no authority in the Constitution for the Federal Government to pay for Local Government employees.

600K public employees were let go.

That's pretty massive.

The BLS does not support that number, but you already know that. Most school districts routinely lay off a large percentage of their teachers, then rehire them after extorting more money from taxpayers, and then repeat the process the next year. Then we have all the census workers that got laid off, and all the other temporary employees hired by the stimulus to pad Obama's jobs created numbers. After we factor in all of that how many actual government jobs were lost?

You can quibble about this all you want..but the fact is..during the proceeding 4 presidencies..the public sector was adding employees.

If that's not something you like? You should be complaining about UE numbers. In fact you should be praising the Obama administration.

Putting Romney into place..would more then likely reverse that trend. Republicans would gladly help Romney's UE numbers..and Democrats, unlike Republicans, actually want to help the average joe.

Romney has a long history of destroying "average joes". His company was in the business of decimating "average joe". He would buy Joe's company, destroy Joe's pension and then ship Joe's job to China or India.

Both Joe the liberal and Joe the conservative are pissed, but only Joe the conservative sticks up for the practice and goes after the only people that still have pensions, the unions.

Thats because anyone with at least half a dozen brain cells realizes that we need to increase private sector employment so that those good folk can then pay for those pampered civil servants generous compensation and benefits................

Everyone but the dumbest liberals understand this.

We need more private sector jobs. The President says that sector is fine. Let's see what the white independent swing voters that put him in office have to say come November.

Thats because anyone with at least half a dozen brain cells realizes that we need to increase private sector employment so that those good folk can then pay for those pampered civil servants generous compensation and benefits................

Everyone but the dumbest liberals understand this.

And how do you propose to do that? The Private Sector is already paying the lowest taxes they have in decades. They are sitting on trillions of dollars that they are using to hire people in other countries, not here.

And I really do love this "pampered civil servant" meme that Fox has told you to latch onto. Reminds me of this...

A plate of cookies sits on a table in front of a Corporate stiff, a teacher and a Tea Bagger. The corporate stiff takes two thirds of the cookies then tells the Tea Bagger "hey, that union thug is trying to take your cookies".

Does anyone really agree with Reversible Mittens, that we don't need cops, firefighters and teachers? Really?

Romney says there is no harm in raising class sizes. Any PARENTS out there that agree with him?

Does anyone really agree with Reversible Mittens, that we don't need cops, firefighters and teachers? Really?

Romney says there is no harm in raising class sizes. Any PARENTS out there that agree with him?
Me

DEANY no you don't need more police because the police are not legally bound to protect they take reports.
You don't need more firemen because you have a volunteer fire department.

And you do not need more government hired teachers when you can send your children to a private school of your choosing

I agree with the spirit of what Romney said just not your twisted version of what he ment.

I agree with the spirit of what Romney said just not your twisted version of what he ment.

I think you're referring to the liberal MSM's version that they are spewing all over the networks. Surely she couldn't think of that craziness all by herself. :eek:

If he actually said that you might be right.
Do you think Romney actually said "we don't need firefighters, police, and teachers"?

So what does your magic Reversible Mittens Decoder Ring say he meant?

It says I can sell you ocean front property right here in KC because you're gullible enough to go for it.

Anyone with an average IQ understood what he meant. You must have sub-par IQ not to know.

It says I can sell you ocean front property right here in KC because you're gullible enough to go for it.

Come on Grampy, I thought you had the "real" meaning behind what he said. What is it? What's the "real" meaning behind his statements that class size doesn't matter and that we don't need more cops, firefighters and teachers? Is is so super secret (like Romney's magic underwear) that you can't talk about it?

Come on Grampy, I thought you had the "real" meaning behind what he said. What is it? What's the "real" meaning behind his statements that class size doesn't matter and that we don't need more cops, firefighters and teachers? Is is so super secret (like Romney's magic underwear) that you can't talk about it?

Seems so!

Seems so!

Shouldn't you go back to the Tavern and continue to artificially pump your rep count up? You're going to need it if your going to post with the adults.

Forum List

Back