Mitt Romney says Trump has failed the presidency character test and that's hurt the United States

The GOP worms are turning on Trump and feeding on the Trump cadaver as it rots. Especially those GOP worms that don't need Trump's support to ensure their election.

Mitt Romney is saying what a lot of GOP lawmakers are thinking but are too afraid to say. Trump's character is badly flawed by lies and criminality. Not just lies, but blatant, brazen lies repeated ad infintum.

The American public is tired of Trump, his lies and his childish tantrums and will be looking to a new POTUS in 2020. Trump knows this and won't run in 2020.

Mitt Romney says Trump has failed the presidency character test and that's hurt the United States

Christian Edwards 2h

In an op-ed for The Washington Post, the former Republican presidential candidate and incoming US senator, Mitt Romney says US President Donald Trump has failed to live up to the office of the presidency.
Some Trump policies are acceptable, but its is the president's character - or lack of it - that has hurt the United States, Romney wrote.

"To a great degree, a presidency shapes the public character of the nation. A president should unite us and inspire us to follow 'our better angels.'"
But this is where Trump is at his worst, Romney says.

In an op-ed for The Washington Post, the former Republican presidential candidate and incoming US senator, Mitt Romney says Trump has failed to live up to the office he was elected for.

Some Trump policies could work, but it is the president's character - or lack of it - that has hurt the United States, Romney, wrote on Wednesday.

"To a great degree, a presidency shapes the public character of the nation. A president should unite us and inspire us to follow "our better angels.""

But this is where Trump, and therefore America, is falling down, Romney claims.
"As a nation, we have been blessed with presidents who have called on the greatness of the American spirit. With the nation so divided, resentful and angry, presidential leadership in qualities of character is indispensable," Romney said.

"And it is in this province where the incumbent's shortfall has been most glaring."
Romney pointed out the weight of global respect for a US under Trump has been falling quickly and with it a cost in allies and authority that accompanies reliable leadership.

"To reassume our leadership in world politics, we must repair failings in our politics at home. That project begins, of course, with the highest office once again acting to inspire and unite us," Romney said.
According to Romney, the Trump presidency fell to new lows in December, hit as it was by losses of experience in Defense Secretary Jim Mattis and White House Chief of Staff John F. Kelly.

But it was the sealing appointment "of senior persons of lesser experience," and the jettison of willing allies that hurt the nation more, he said.
"The president's thoughtless claim that America has long been a "sucker" in world affairs all defined his presidency down," Romney said.
"It is well known that Donald Trump was not my choice for the Republican presidential nomination. After he became the nominee, I hoped his campaign would refrain from resentment and name-calling."
"It did not," he lamented.

In a nutshell, Trump's behavior over the past two years, and particularly his actions in December are proof "that the president has not risen to the mantle of the office," Romney asserted.
Romney, a Republican from Utah and the party's 2012 nominee for president, will be sworn into the Senate on Thursday and emphasized his willingness to work with both the White House and fellow senators to achieve policy change.

Mitt Romney is a wonderful DC insider, and the DC bots will love and adore him. The rest of the nation, including Dems, Independents, and Republicans, not so much.

Could tell me which Washington DC job this man ever had...

This man had a privileged background but unlike Trump didn't hangout with mob bosses and cheat on his wife.... I might not agree with the guy much but at least he acts in a dignified manner...

Thank you for weighing in from Ireland. I don't really care what you think of our president. In fact, I don't care at all. Not even one little tiny iota.

Thanks for the comment... I didn't say what I think of your President, not even one little tiny iota... I just stated facts, Trump like to hangout with mob bosses and cheat on his wives...

I notice while to spread dubious information about Romney, when confronted by information about Trump you attack the poster... Is this because you unable to defend him?

Positioning himself for the outside chance that Trump does not finish his term and republicans have to scramble for a candidate.

I think he is waiting for the day the penny drops in the Trumpsters' heads... But the problem is when Trump falls he is going to bring the whole thing down with him...

The GOP worms are turning on Trump and feeding on the Trump cadaver as it rots. Especially those GOP worms that don't need Trump's support to ensure their election.

Mitt Romney is saying what a lot of GOP lawmakers are thinking but are too afraid to say. Trump's character is badly flawed by lies and criminality. Not just lies, but blatant, brazen lies repeated ad infintum.

The American public is tired of Trump, his lies and his childish tantrums and will be looking to a new POTUS in 2020. Trump knows this and won't run in 2020.

Christian Edwards 2h

In an op-ed for The Washington Post, the former Republican presidential candidate and incoming US senator, Mitt Romney says US President Donald Trump has failed to live up to the office of the presidency.
Some Trump policies are acceptable, but its is the president's character - or lack of it - that has hurt the United States, Romney wrote.

"To a great degree, a presidency shapes the public character of the nation. A president should unite us and inspire us to follow 'our better angels.'"

In an op-ed for The Washington Post, the former Republican presidential candidate and incoming US senator, Mitt Romney says Trump has failed to live up to the office he was elected for.

Some Trump policies could work, but it is the president's character - or lack of it - that has hurt the United States, Romney, wrote on Wednesday.

"To a great degree, a presidency shapes the public character of the nation. A president should unite us and inspire us to follow "our better angels.""

"As a nation, we have been blessed with presidents who have called on the greatness of the American spirit. With the nation so divided, resentful and angry, presidential leadership in qualities of character is indispensable," Romney said.

"And it is in this province where the incumbent's shortfall has been most glaring."
Romney pointed out the weight of global respect for a US under Trump has been falling quickly and with it a cost in allies and authority that accompanies reliable leadership.

"To reassume our leadership in world politics, we must repair failings in our politics at home. That project begins, of course, with the highest office once again acting to inspire and unite us," Romney said.
According to Romney, the Trump presidency fell to new lows in December, hit as it was by losses of experience in Defense Secretary Jim Mattis and White House Chief of Staff John F. Kelly.

But it was the sealing appointment "of senior persons of lesser experience," and the jettison of willing allies that hurt the nation more, he said.
"The president's thoughtless claim that America has long been a "sucker" in world affairs all defined his presidency down," Romney said.
"It is well known that Donald Trump was not my choice for the Republican presidential nomination. After he became the nominee, I hoped his campaign would refrain from resentment and name-calling."

In a nutshell, Trump's behavior over the past two years, and particularly his actions in December are proof "that the president has not risen to the mantle of the office," Romney asserted.
Romney, a Republican from Utah and the party's 2012 nominee for president, will be sworn into the Senate on Thursday and emphasized his willingness to work with both the White House and fellow senators to achieve policy change.

Mitt Romney is a wonderful DC insider, and the DC bots will love and adore him. The rest of the nation, including Dems, Independents, and Republicans, not so much.

This man had a privileged background but unlike Trump didn't hangout with mob bosses and cheat on his wife.... I might not agree with the guy much but at least he acts in a dignified manner...

Thank you for weighing in from Ireland. I don't really care what you think of our president. In fact, I don't care at all. Not even one little tiny iota.

Thanks for the comment... I didn't say what I think of your President, not even one little tiny iota... I just stated facts, Trump like to hangout with mob bosses and cheat on his wives...

I notice while to spread dubious information about Romney, when confronted by information about Trump you attack the poster... Is this because you unable to defend him?

No it's because I don't know why you care, from Ireland. And I don't know why you think WE care what you think, from Ireland. You will note not many of us are commenting on Ireland's ruling bodies and rulers here, from America. That's for starters. For enders, I won't be spending any time defending Trump to you, since you are not even a citizen and cannot vote in our elections at any rate.

"Here we go with Mitt Romney, but so fast! Question will be, is he a Flake? I hope not. Would much prefer that Mitt focus on Border Security and so many other things where he can be helpful. I won big, and he didn’t. He should be happy for all Republicans. Be a TEAM player & WIN!" - President Trump

Mitt is an absolute embarrassment to the Republican Party, why would he run as a republican if he disagrees with 90% of the voters?

He should have run on open boarders

"Wow...If Mitt Romney had come out swinging against Barack Obama like he has against President Trump he might have won. Trump's "behavior" is old news. America's divided was deepening long before this president. I appreciate gentlemen politicians but appreciate achievement more.

Note that the breaking point for Romney, which impelled him to take the heroic act of writing an op-ed, was the recent Trump foreign policy developments. Withdrawing troops violates the saintly sense of “national honor” that Romney will now tediously promote in the Senate" - Newt Gingrich

"with the nation so divided, resentful, and angry, presidential leadership in qualities of character is indispensable. and in this province where Trump's shortfall has been the most glaring" - Senator-elect Romney

So now liberals like Mittens. Before that the hero McCain.
Even though both were symbols of white privilege running against Obummer.
Liberals would love Satan if he said anything negative about Trump.
He was the guy who vacations with his dog on the roof rack, that was all it took to disqualify him. Now he is the great white hope in the same putrid minds.

So now liberals like Mittens. Before that the hero McCain.
Even though both were symbols of white privilege running against Obummer.
Liberals would love Satan if he said anything negative about Trump.
He was the guy who vacations with his dog on the roof rack, that was all it took to disqualify him. Now he is the great white hope in the same putrid minds.

At least he didn't ate the dog. :D

“I actually saw Mitt Romney in DC the other day. Went up and asked him for a quick interview, but he just stood there silently holding his arms up

Then I realized I was talking to a tree” ~ Jack Prosobiec

John McCain lives......what a moron First act as Sen is to throw mud at the President . What I call leadership yes sir

Romney huh??

Hell. He couldn't even beat Obama with the economy in the toilet and UE through the roof.

Excuse me while I stand over here and LMAO.

When exactly did Trump beat Obama? He didn't even run because he knew he'd get his ass handed to him.

Romney huh??

Hell. He couldn't even beat Obama with the economy in the toilet and UE through the roof.

Excuse me while I stand over here and LMAO.

I'm sorry, when exactly did Trump beat Obama?

The guy didn't even run because he knew he'd get his ass handed to him.

He didn't and neither did Romney.

Trump beat Hitlery. A Hitlery who thought she had it in the bag.

Disappointment is her middle name

To come up with a screed like this, at this precise moment in time...not a sign of real character.

Maybe if Trump wore magic underwear like Mitt, he would be OK.

"Romney represents EVERYTHING wrong with the shell of a Party called the GOP. They’ve sold us out for too long & gotten away w/it. I’m done apologizing for these imbeciles. Either get on the train towards fixing the disaster you swamp goons put us in or get the hell out of the way

Sell out Mitt Romney’s pathetic attempt at sabotaging President Trump is, undoubtedly, another catastrophic Romney miscalculation. Romney thinks he looks like voice of “reason” but he really looks like the face of an opportunistic fraud. "

Should be interesting to see how much Senator Romney falls in line with Trump's agenda.

"I could have said 'Mitt, drop to your knees'. He would have dropped to his knees."

And Trump wasn't wrong. Despite Romney bashing Trump prior to the 2016 election, Trump "considered" Romney for the Secretary of State position after he won. He had Romney eating out of his hand before finally deciding not to select Romney.

Romney is a little bitch. Trump knows he's a little bitch. The question is how the little bitch responds as a Senator when he has nothing to lose by actually standing up to Trump.

Christian Edwards 2h

Again, if Mitt had shown this kind of integrity in 2012 when Trump started peddling his racism and birther theories, instead of kissing his ring, we wouldn't be here today.

Christian Edwards 2h

So Romney is relevant now, funny he wasn't when he was running for President. Lefty loons are all kinds of bipolar crazy.

Romney is relevant in the Trump context.

In fact horses anuses have become relevant in the Trump context.

Ignorance and carelessness fueled by Russian bots is what got Trump elected. Are you a Russian dupe?

Clearly.

RUSSIA!111!!!!11!!!!!

Your response made me laugh out loud, for real, so thanks for that.

I hope you over-filled your diaper.

Forum List

Back