Mitt Romney is Son of Welfare-Receiving, Mexican Immigrant,

If George Romney's father choose u.s. citizenship for him, who was born in Mexico, still do not make him a natural borh citizen?

Romney's Government Handout, Ctd

Kevin Roose's dismissal gets this all wrong. Sure, the FDIC gets no funding from the government - at least it's not supposed to. But everyone knows that if the FDIC runs short, the feds will step in (just like it did with Fannie and Freddie, and with FSLIC during the savings and loan crisis of the late 1980s). Bain did the same thing to the federal Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation; they drained the pension funds of their takeover targets, then dumped the liabilities onto the PBGC when the targets went bust.
Romney's Government Handout, Ctd - The Dish | By Andrew Sullivan - The Daily Beast

Romney Benefited From Government Subsidies and Bailouts He Now Attacks

On the campaign trail, Mitt Romney attacks government programs that, in his words, are involved in “picking winners and losers.” But Romney’s private sector record includes deals and investments that owe part of their success to the exact government subsidies, bailouts and tax breaks that Romney now attacks.

Romney has been the beneficiary of preferential treatment by the government—ranging from a steel mill in Indiana to his consulting company in Boston to a special tax loophole that has personally saved Romney millions.

http://www.realromneyrecord.com/facts/government-help

Last edited:
The OP shows she is a kook by going to the DailyKooks for info.

The grandfather of Mitt Romney was a political refugee from Mexico and took welfare until he got his new life started in America.

So that somehow proves Mitt Romney today shouldn't be against illegals from Mexico coming here and taking welfare during our economic and national debt crisis????

Fucking insane....

On another note, if he can lift himself out of poverty and attain such success, why can't the rest of the useless?

Because Romney and Ryan now want to eliminate the same programs that helped each of their families lift themselves up?

LIES!!!

They want to REFORM our social safety net so it's a solvent and sustainable hand UP...NOT a bankrupt system of hand outs!!!

At LEAST get the facts straight.

It is amazing that you liberals can attack Romney for wanting to reform a system he DIRECTLY benefited from out of one side of your face and then accuse him of being an out of touch blue blood out of the other side.

CHOOSE ONE!

He is an out of touch child of wealth or he is a child of poverty who made good. He can NOT be both!

What a disingenuous bunch of MORONS!

On another note, if he can lift himself out of poverty and attain such success, why can't the rest of the useless?

Because Romney and Ryan now want to eliminate the same programs that helped each of their families lift themselves up?

LIES!!!

They want to REFORM our social safety net so it's a solvent and sustainable hand UP...NOT a bankrupt system of hand outs!!!

It is amazing that you liberals can attack Romney for wanting to reform a system he DIRECTLY benefited from out of one side of your face and then accuse him of being an out of touch blue blood out of the other side.

CHOOSE ONE!

He is an out of touch child of wealth or he is a child of poverty who made good. He can NOT be both!

No, dumbass....Ryan wants to PRIVATIZE socials secuirty and let the geniuses on Wall Street play with my social security money. After the crash they caused in 2008, who besides Paul Ryan still thinks this makes good sense?

So that is eliminating right??,can you say I am wrong,I knew you could.

Yes, you were wrong. Thanks for playing.

sure think buckweat,so how is that eliminating??

Try and be specific,you know facts,quotes thing of substance the really mean things instead of opinions and emotion.

Already posted for you, dumbass....I refuse to do ALL of your homeowrk for you. Go back and read it for yourself.

sure think buckweat? Really? I assume you were trying to spell Buckwheat?

Last edited:
If George Romney's father choose u.s. citizenship for him, who was born in Mexico, still do not make him a natural borh citizen?

Apparently yes, it does. Unless you are now claiming that the child of American citizens born elsewhere is not himself a citizen.

In any case, his citizenship was valid enough for him to run for President, and immigrants cannot do that.

/End dumb ass thread

Can you say "Vouchercare"? I knew you could....

So that is eliminating right??,can you say I am wrong,I knew you could.

On May 21, 2008, Ryan introduced H.R. 6110, the Roadmap for America's Future Act of 2008, commonly referred to as the "Ryan budget."[107] This proposed legislation outlined changes to entitlement spending, including a controversial proposal to replace Medicare with a voucher program for seniors.[6][108][109] The Roadmap found only eight sponsors and did not move past committee.[6][110]

On April 1, 2009, Ryan introduced his alternative to the 2010 United States federal budget. This alternative budget would have eliminated the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, lowered the top tax rate to 25%, introduced an 8.5% value-added consumption tax[citation needed], and imposed a five-year spending freeze on all discretionary spending.[111][112] It would have also phased out Medicare's traditional fee-for-service model; instead, starting in 2021, it would offer fixed sums in the form of vouchers, with which Medicare beneficiaries could buy private insurance.[113] The federal government would no longer pay for Medicare benefits for persons born after 1958.[113][not in citation given] The plan attracted criticism since the voucher payments would not be set to increase as medical costs increase, leaving beneficiaries partially uninsured.[113][not in citation given] Ryan's proposed budget would also have allowed taxpayers to opt out of the federal income taxation system with itemized deductions, and instead pay a flat 10 percent of adjusted gross income up to $100,000 and 25 percent on any remaining income.[112] Ryan's proposed budget was criticized by opponents for the lack of concrete numbers.[114] It was ultimately rejected in the House by a vote of 293–137, with 38 Republicans in opposition.[115]

On January 27, 2010, Ryan released a modified version of his Roadmap, H.R. 4529: Roadmap for America's Future Act of 2010.[116][117] The modified plan would provide across-the-board tax cuts by reducing income tax rates; eliminate income taxes on capital gains, dividends, and interest[citation needed]; and abolish the corporate income tax[citation needed], estate tax[citation needed], and Alternative Minimum Tax.[citation needed] The plan would privatize a portion of Social Security,[118][119] eliminate the tax exclusion for employer-sponsored health insurance,[119] and privatize Medicare.[118][119] Chief actuary of Medicare Rick Foster compared Ryan's "Roadmap" with the 2010 healthcare reform in congressional hearings, stating that while both had "some potential" to make healthcare prices "more sustainable", he was more "confident" in Ryan's plan.[120]

Economist and columnist Paul Krugman criticized Ryan's plan as making overly optimistic assumptions and proposing tax cuts for the wealthy.[121] Krugman further called the plan a "fraud" saying it relies on severe cuts in domestic discretionary spending without specifying the programs to be cut, and "dismantling Medicare as we know it" by suggesting the voucher system, which he noted was similar to a failed attempt at reform in 1995.[121] In contrast, columnist Ramesh Ponnuru, writing in the National Review, argued that Ryan's plan would lead to less debt than current budgets.[122] Economist Ted Gayer wrote that "Ryan's vision of broad-based tax reform, which essentially would shift us toward a consumption tax... makes a useful contribution to this debate."

Paul Ryan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not once is the word eliminate in any of this,I see reform,you could use words like change,but not once eliminate. Keep trying

Question are SS and Medicare on solid ground ?Are they sustainable as they are right NOW??

Yes, you were wrong. Thanks for playing.

sure think buckweat,so how is that eliminating??

Try and be specific,you know facts,quotes thing of substance the really mean things instead of opinions and emotion.

Already posted for you, dumbass....I refuse to do ALL of your homeowrk for you. Go back and read it for yourself.

sure think buckweat? Really? I assume you were trying to spell Buckwheat?

Homework?? LOL ,you posted nothing that backs up your statement that they want to eliminate anything. You did in fact supply some proposals and thats it.

Its not that hard

You need someone to explain to you why not everyone can be wealthy?

Do you need an explanation why not all people that are poor need to be?

No, I don't. ba1614 wasn't asking why can't some people make it out of poverty, he was asking why "the rest" of them can't. That's all of them. So your response makes very little sense.

English much?

Oh, it is not possible for everyone to be rich, idiot.

Someone needs to pick up the trash, clean toilets, etc.

Also, it's not possible for all students to graduate with As and go to Harvard....some are actually lazy and some are just dumb.

You need someone to explain to you why not everyone can be wealthy?

LIES!!!

CHOOSE ONE!

No, dumbass....Ryan wants to PRIVATIZE socials secuirty and let the geniuses on Wall Street play with my social security money. After the crash they caused in 2008, who besides Paul Ryan still thinks this makes good sense?

No DUMB ASS...Ryan wants to give YOU THE CHOICE (You know, that thing this country was founded on?) of whether or not you want to let people who make money FOR A LIVING have a chance to grow your retirement nest egg OR leave it in the hands of bureaucratic FOOLS who have PROVEN they will bankrupt the system and leave YOU to die BROKE!

And if you are 55 or older...NO CHANGE AT ALL!!!

FACTS...try them. You MIGHT be surprised how much LESS ignorant you look!

Mitt Romney is Son of Welfare-Receiving, Mexican Immigrant,
Mother Says

The GOP presidential ticket of Mitt Romney and Rep. Paul Ryan is fond of attacking 'social entitlements,' but their campaign has failed to mention that Mitt Romney's father George Romney was on "welfare relief" when he first arrived in the U.S., according to an interview with Romney's mother Lenore recorded in 1962.

The family received $250, food, clothing, and other supplies from the U.S. government. The family later invested some of their money in the stock market and used that cash to send George Romney to college.
Video: Mitt Romney is Son of Welfare-Receiving, Mexican Immigrant, Mother Says

GEORGE ROMNEY: I've been poor. I worked from the time I was 12. My parents were driven out of old Mexico when i was only 5. My people were revolutionary refugees. They had to be fed by the United States government and housed by the United States government . I know what poverty is. I've been up through it.
Daily Kos: George Romney on Welfare: More Evidence From George Romney Himself
OOPS!:eusa_hand:

At least Romney's father pulled himself up by his own bootstraps to get out of welfare. Can't say the same for many of today's welfare recepients.

Forum List

Back